Skip to main content

Explore the 2022 Toyota Sienna
Shop the 2022 Toyota Sienna
3.0

Reliable??

Bought a 2022 Toyota sienna about 1 month ago with 67,000 mi on it out of state. In that period The battery has been totally discharged leaving the car stone dead. I'm still not sure why, but Toyota thinks it may be the kick sensors grounding the car and draining the battery. Now I have a problem with the tire sensors that will need to be addressed at the Toyota dealership. Needless to say I'm not happy with this purchase.

• Interior 4.0
  • Value 3.0
4.0

A 9+, with room for improvement.

This 2022 is my 3rd Sienna, after a 2001 and a 2011. I would buy it again without hesitation. A few disappointments, which seem to be the result of cost-cutting: My '11 LE had a standard roof rack, now it is an option even on the XLE, and not a common one. Through the years, the inability to easily stow or remove the 2nd row seats has been a widespread complaint. Instead of improving that feature, they made it MUCH worse, and also told you not to try! Some people buy the Odyssey for this one reason. I would not do that. Sienna is still a better van, but what about "ongoing improvement?" They took away the left hand coin box, you can no longer open the 3rd row vent windows, the convex "back-seat observation" mirror is a TOTAL joke, they got rid of the overhead sunglass storage, they don't have a 12v connection in the hatch area, they cheaped out on the factory-installed hitch (looks like an amateur add-on), and although the vehicle is rated for 3,500 lbs towing, the optional factory hitch is the lighter-rated 1.25" size, which I think is limited to 2,500 lbs. My lower-line '11 LE had none of these shortfalls. Now, at over $40k, my upscale XLE sometimes makes me feel like I lost something. Even after this list, I love the van, and have no regrets. The benefits of AWESOME dependability, 35 mpg in or out of town, 8 passenger capability, comfort, nice styling, and quiet operation outweigh any complaints. I expect to have it until it hits 250,000 miles.

• Exterior 4.0
3.0

Great MPG, but cheapened experience and executi

That’s my 3rd Sienna. I’ve driven the car 90k miles in one year. The gas mileage around town is great and the exterior styling is nice.It’s a very smooth ride. It feels that reliability is there too. The biggest disappointment are: - the a/c is not strong enough Especially for the people in the second row. It is also way too noisy, when working on max. - compared to the previous 2 generations, the car lost some interior and lots of cargo space /49 cubic feet less /. -interior materials are not good : I have leatherette seats which are overheating year round; scuffs and marks are very noticeable because of the dark interior; second and third row seats and levers are super clumsy

• Interior 4.0
  • Value 2.0

Our Forever Family Mobile

I drove a RAV4 before trading in for a Sienna, but with 3 kids who are only getting bigger, it was time for more space. I told myself I would never drive a minivan, but the Sienna's just looked so nice to me and after driving it for a month I can confidently say it doesn't even feel like I'm driving a minivan. My only regret is not getting it sooner. There is more space than we know what to do with, the auto opening doors and easy access to everything is so convenient, the kids get in and out of the car completely on their own now and they absolutely love having their own space, cup holders, and charging ports. And as any other Toyota Hybrid, the Sienna's performance is just unbeatable. I researched many other minivans before deciding on this one, but the gas mileage put it above anyone else. It is so quiet and smooth, and again, doesn't even feel like a minivan. Best vehicle purchase I've ever made!

Best vehicle EVER!

I traded in my Mercedes a 2017 GLE 350 LOADED for this mini-van for a 9,000 mile road trip around the USA. Best decision ever! Much more comfortable and averaged 35mpg regular unleaded and when wife drove even better. Our's is the Platinum All Wheel Drive Model. NO PROBLEMS. Didn't even need the usual new car adjustments. Everything perfect out of the gate. I have been driving for over 48 years have had NEW Mercedes, BMW, Lexus and even Chrysler, Honda Mini Vans, SUVs, etc. NOTHING holds a candle to this 2022 Toyota Sienna. More room than our old Suburban and handles way better not to mention costs half to drive. The only negative is the Mini-van stigma. Even though Toyota was shooting for more of an SUV styling, people (especially my adult kids) just don't get it. Financially, I can drive just about anything I want and this is my dream vehicle! I hope and pray folks will get over the minivan stereotype for their sake!

Amazing Mileage

Amazing Fuel, Efficiency, 42 miles per gallon last tank full, 8-passenger, All-wheel drive (AWD), Hybrid, way more interior room and better visibility than buying an SUV. We previously owned a 2020 Toyota Highlander. No comparison how much more we like the 2022 Sienna, AWD, Hybrid! New Toyota Sienna's take 12 - 24 months to receive from factory.

2022 Sienna

Have had car 3 months, radio, navigation screen turns blue and goes blank Dealer says no fix toyota is aware of problem. I have had an avalon, camry, and a still have a Lexus. great autos. I really blame dealership, I will try to get some satisfaction from Toyota. I also do not like the interior because no closed area for small items like change no hideaways like avalon or camry. I may change my mind after I have it longer

• Value 3.0

Almost great

I like everything with my 2022 Sienna hybrid except traveling in it. If you put any weight in the rear, the front does not track as well or drive solid. I am told more weight was put in the rear with battery so any weight in the back effects the ride.

• Does recommend this car

I'm in love with my Sienna

This is my first Toyota, so I was a little apprehensive in getting it, but my main reasons was this was the only All wheel drive hybrid minivan on the market. I had to order it because there were no models available due to the supply chain issues due to Covid, but the wait was well worth it. I am now so glad I bought this vehicle. The ride is excellent. Just as the Big Oil companies put the screws to the US consumers I started getting 600 mile per tank; IT'S GREAT! I love the safety features, this was my second biggest reason for getting a new car. I already have been awaken by the car twice while driving, the radar controlled cruise control works like a charm. The Auto hi-beams is great for those lonely dark rural roads. The AC outlets up front and in the rear are a god send and entertainment system has so many options! This is the only GPS system that actually knows where my house is; all others can't find my street (actually a dirt road). Every day I fall more and more in love with this vehicle.

• Does recommend this car

Baby Boomers, here's a van made for US!

I have to say, I never expected a van to have so much to offer. And, the best thing, the gas mileage is the bomb along with the back-up camera. I got stopped several times since I purchased my van about it and I had nothing but good things to say. I am a tough buyer and I am excited when I get a good buy. I am in my 60's and had vehicles before, never new and this van is my retirement vehicle, well worth the money as well, along with the extra perks of maintenance, etc. Who knew I would ever purchase a Toyota vehicle but after months of research, I arrived at the top two vehicle, side-by-side with Subaru, the van won me over and I don't regret it at all! So much room, features and the best, my grand kids, nieces and nephews think I am cool with the USB ports and so many cup holders for coffee, water, juice, etc. I laugh because this is important to them. I can now fit all of them in one vehicle, have plenty of room and I only wished I had ordered the dvd player when getting the van. They bring their screen/laptop/etc., but it would be nice to have it for them all to view from the ceiling of van. Lesson learned. I use my free SXM to play the latest jams (not my choices and the music goes back to 50's, 60's and 70's once they leave) and they think I am the coolest grandmother and aunt:) My kids purchased my Thule Vector cargo box to carry all my extra stuff I want on road trips and honestly, I never imagine how much stuff can be stored in the cargo box. I finally was able to climb on the step up to roof and fill my box; it keeps me in shape moving and climbing, I am a pro now! The roof racks are pretty sweet. Last, I was not so good at Apple CarPlay and all the features so my grand kids schooled me and now I know more about it. I get these calls and text while driving and I can answer without touching anything while paying attention to the road. It's a fantastic way to stay connected and I don't have to take my hands off the wheel. My generation can learn from these new vehicles and enjoy their golden years with these new bells and whistlers. Sincerely, -Rhonda