1998 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews

1998 Toyota Tacoma
Average based on 8 reviews

Most reliable truck I've owned

by from Houston on April 23, 2007

This truck was a great truck. In and out of mud. No matter what I had to haul carry or pull my toyota never failled me.

Well worth the money

by from Wichita KS on August 5, 2009

This truck was the best for any occasion. Whether four wheel drive or on the main streets. I would recommend this truck to anyone.

Best Truck Out There

by from Michigan on June 5, 2007

Awesome truck. Will run forever and then some. New or used they are a great deal and the resale value on them is tremendous.

Very Reliable Truck

by from Chicago, IL on February 7, 2011

I purchased this truck used several years ago so I could build a deck on my house. It has been a very steady vehicle and I'd recommend one, and buy one again. The interior isn't the greatest and look a little plain, but that is a minor deal. I've enjoyed having the truck, and would definately look to get one again. I really liked the body style.

good around truck

by from on April 16, 2011

this truck is extremely reliable! i have a lift and 35inch tires the smaller v6 had some truble untill i put a new computer chip in it. now it is the best truck i have ever ower the chip worked magic for fuel efficiency and horse power

Great all around truck

by from MD on September 17, 2010

I've had this truck for about a year now and I love it. The 3.4 V6 4x4 5Spd got 23MPG when the truck was stock and still gets 17.5MPG with 5 1/2" lift and 33" M/Ts. It has all the power you could want and with the 4x4 and E Locker it will go anywhere you ask it to and it will beg for more. I will always have a Tacoma and I'll prolly stick with the 1995.5-2004 model as after that they got bigger and have more plastic on the body, thats not what I want from a Tacoma. the extra cab is great for your extra stuff and would work for people if it had to, but get double cab if you want to take people with you. A Taco might cost a little more to buy but will hold its value better than others.

Excellent truck

by from SLC, UT on May 29, 2013

I've owned my Tacoma for several years, and have loved every second of it. I went from a 4cyl Toyota pickup to the V6 and it has the extra power i was looking for. I love the keyless entry, and the auto lock when the vehicle is turned on.

Roldaddy

by from Wise, VA on November 15, 2011

I've never had anything for a personal vehicle besides a Toyota truck. This truck gets the job done....period. Change your oil, do the simple upkeep and it will go as long as you want it to. Doesn't get the best fuel economy, not the best interior in the world, it works.