1998 Toyota Tacoma

I feel it is the most reliable truck I have own

by from Coos Bay, OR on September 12, 2017

This truck has the lowest miles of a 1998 Tacoma would ever have. I had it detailed and it looks like it came right off the truck and put on a car lot it looks so shiny and professional.

Tried and true Tacomas. Truck is bulletproof

by from South coast, Oregon on September 3, 2017

Great dependable Toyota product. If you like the midsize pick up trucks this one leads the pack in overhaul vehicle performance. Look at the whole package value and Toyota will come out on top.

Excellent, reliable 4wd vehicle.

by from Lakewood, Colorado on August 23, 2017

I am happy to replace my old Tacoma with this one. This one is even better with a stronger engine, much less miles, and new tires.

This was the best vehicle I ever had!! It's GREAT!

by on July 22, 2017

What I think, it was GREAT, comfortable, reliable, holds it's value!! You can't ask for a better truck.

Excellent truck

by from SLC, UT on May 29, 2013

I've owned my Tacoma for several years, and have loved every second of it. I went from a 4cyl Toyota pickup to the V6 and it has the extra power i was looking for. I love the keyless entry, and the auto lock when the vehicle is turned on.

Roldaddy

by from Wise, VA on November 15, 2011

I've never had anything for a personal vehicle besides a Toyota truck. This truck gets the job done....period. Change your oil, do the simple upkeep and it will go as long as you want it to. Doesn't get the best fuel economy, not the best interior in the world, it works.

good around truck

by from on April 16, 2011

this truck is extremely reliable! i have a lift and 35inch tires the smaller v6 had some truble untill i put a new computer chip in it. now it is the best truck i have ever ower the chip worked magic for fuel efficiency and horse power

Very Reliable Truck

by from Chicago, IL on February 7, 2011

I purchased this truck used several years ago so I could build a deck on my house. It has been a very steady vehicle and I'd recommend one, and buy one again. The interior isn't the greatest and look a little plain, but that is a minor deal. I've enjoyed having the truck, and would definately look to get one again. I really liked the body style.

Great all around truck

by from MD on September 17, 2010

I've had this truck for about a year now and I love it. The 3.4 V6 4x4 5Spd got 23MPG when the truck was stock and still gets 17.5MPG with 5 1/2" lift and 33" M/Ts. It has all the power you could want and with the 4x4 and E Locker it will go anywhere you ask it to and it will beg for more. I will always have a Tacoma and I'll prolly stick with the 1995.5-2004 model as after that they got bigger and have more plastic on the body, thats not what I want from a Tacoma. the extra cab is great for your extra stuff and would work for people if it had to, but get double cab if you want to take people with you. A Taco might cost a little more to buy but will hold its value better than others.

Well worth the money

by from Wichita KS on August 5, 2009

This truck was the best for any occasion. Whether four wheel drive or on the main streets. I would recommend this truck to anyone.

Our Expert Review: 1998 Toyota Tacoma