2013 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews

4.4
Average based on 55 reviews

2013 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport

by from Savannah on December 8, 2012

After lengthy research I purchased the 2013 Tacoma Double cab V-6. The ride was so smooth I had a hard time believing I was driving a truck. It also handles exceptionaly well for a truck. The seats are also very comfortable. This truck is a perfect combination for anyone who needs towing, hauling and passenger needs all in one vehicle. The only knock is the stereo system/radio. The base radio is not very good and lacks navigation or anything else for that matter. The bluetooth is nice but that is really it in regards to the stereo. The interior of the truck is a little dated but nice. If Toyota gave this truck a better radio and more features inside the cab I would give it 5 stars all the way around.

tuff little truck

by from Eastern Shore of Md. on November 21, 2012

Have had a couple 5 speed toyotas. Always very gutsy. Tuff, dependable,durable. And always fairly uncomfortable seats. Why high quality seats can't be standard equipment I'll never understand.

Tacoma-Still a Winner!

by from Cedar Hill, TX on September 21, 2013

I replaced a 2012 TRD Tacoma 4x4 with this 2013 model. A few refinements, mostly in the transmission software (shifts smoother), interior electronics ( enTune) and brakes (more modulated pedal). Rides quieter, also-Toyota must have added more sound deadening material. Like most years, incremental improvements on a great truck. One gripe - on the TRD pkg, the took the Homelink out of the mirror for some reason. Now I have to go back to using my old push button opener. ;-(

Great, but w/ a few minor annoyances

by from Southern California on November 13, 2012

Ordered the truck from factory. It looks amazing! Its a great looking truck! Upon vehicles arrival, the drivers' seat fabric was loose...had to take it in to get fixed....had to wait for them to order new cover for seat. Worst feature of this 2013 Tacoma model is the horrible sound it makes when it gets turned off. The is something similiar to a jet engine powering down, followed by a loud puttering noise. Took it in for this issue also, dealer said its the design of the air pump, and that its completely normal. I am very dissatisfied by this explanation. The sound is horrible and embarrassing! If the car didnt look and drive so nice...I'd take it back...very bothersome!

That New Toy Feel

by from Central, PA on April 1, 2013

Took delivery two days ago, so I can't speak to reliability, but otherwise really happy. The access cab with the suicide doors is fantastic. Highway ride is on par with a car. I'm happy.

My First Tacoma-Terrrific!!

by from Knoxville,TN on February 18, 2013

Love this truck-it fits me and does everything I need it to do. Best of all my wife says she is comfortable in too! I need to mention that it fits in my garage for a n empty nesteer downsized garden home-that's important! I have the 4 door TRD w/Navigation and would have bought the limited model if one had been available. Best mid-sized truck on the market.

Best truck you can buy.

by from Winder, Ga 30680 on March 11, 2013

This is #5 for me, all you do is drive them, no repairs.My dad bought the 1st Toyota in our area in 1972 and it has been all Toyota ever since.

Best Value

by from West Texas on March 18, 2013

The Tacoma I purchased really fills the bill for my ranch needs. It does the job my 3/4 ton Chevy does on half the fuel.

Best value for the money

by from Texas on January 23, 2013

Bought ours at dealer in Boerne,Tx. because of the great service dept. Would have put 200,000 miles on our last Toyota truck, but someone ran into it & totaled it out before we could. Plan to get 200,000 miles on this one. Have had good luck with Toyota products. Just keep serviced regulary like supposed too & they will last.

Feels like a mid size truck, looks bigger

by from Reedley CA on December 13, 2012

I did not want big nor did I want small so I looked and drove the Tacoma. I uses this for Work (citrus/Ag) and play, pulling a boat. Has plenty of room to take people in and pulls the boat very well.