2013 Tacoma

2013 Toyota Tacoma

2013 Toyota Tacoma

4.5

Have You Driven the 2013 Toyota Tacoma?

2014 Tacoma Sport

by Tech1 from Oceanside on Fri Aug 01 2014

I have owned Toyota trucks all my life although reliability has been good, One thing that has not changed which is a total deal breaker is the steering vibrations/ shake issues have never got resolved.I owned a 2000 Tacoma which started this after new set of tires and no matter how many brands of tires I tried and road force balancing issues never got resolved, then I owned a 2012 which did this after 500 miles and dealer could not resolve it so I traded it in for a 2014 which I test drove for 20 miles smooth has silk and figuring it was just a bad apple so I purchased the 2014. I loved the truck until around 300-400 mile mark and it to started having vibration and steering wheel shake, which I'm currently dealing with dealer on and don't expect any miracles. I highly recommend buyers do there homework search internet forums talk to friends that own them if possible and be specific in asking question, it will save yourself time and stress. I do believe this should be a safety issue that involves a recall , Toyota corporation and dealer where I bought these trucks totally deny this has being a problem.

Does not recommend this car!!

2013 Tacoma

by Marc from Houston TX. on Sat Jul 11 2015

I purchased this Tacoma after driving a full size Silverado for 3 years and in 50,000 miles of driving having it in the shop 3 times, thankfully under warranty since it was a certified truck. I previously had a Tacoma which was very reliable so I bought a 2013 model. First let me say that for an around town truck this vehicle cant be beat. Decent mileage, not great, and easy to navigate through tight spaces. Reliability is great after 25000 miles. Now the bad. Even though this vehicle is the Limited model, it is lacking in convenience items like mileage computer, instant mileage, remote start, and other handy gadgets that are included on my sons Corolla. Also, anyone over 6 feet tall wont be comfortable in the back seat for long. The worst offender is wind noise. At 85 MPH indicated, (it was a 80 MPH section of road), the front seat windows make a moaning/whistling noise that is very loud and only stopped by cracking the window about an inch. It was so loud that normal conversation was difficult.

Feels like a mid size truck, looks bigger

by Work and Play from Reedley CA on Thu Dec 13 2012

I did not want big nor did I want small so I looked and drove the Tacoma. I uses this for Work (citrus/Ag) and play, pulling a boat. Has plenty of room to take people in and pulls the boat very well.

Best value for the money

by Handyman from Texas on Wed Jan 23 2013

Bought ours at dealer in Boerne,Tx. because of the great service dept. Would have put 200,000 miles on our last Toyota truck, but someone ran into it & totaled it out before we could. Plan to get 200,000 miles on this one. Have had good luck with Toyota products. Just keep serviced regulary like supposed too & they will last.

Best truck you can buy.

by working man from Winder, Ga 30680 on Mon Mar 11 2013

This is #5 for me, all you do is drive them, no repairs.My dad bought the 1st Toyota in our area in 1972 and it has been all Toyota ever since.

Great work truck!

by The Maintenance Man from West Virginia on Sun Oct 25 2015

I have owned a Subaru Legacy a Nissan Versa and this truck (By far my favorite) I have owned this truck for a little over 2 years and just turned over 24000 miles. And I must say it is a perfect drive to work truck! Usually I have to leave early before any plows are out on the road and with my 2 year old set of snow tires on I have only turned on the 4x4 once. I have the base 2 door model with the 2.7 and on the high way I usually average about 21 or 20 miles per gallon, around town I average 18-19 I have had no issues mechanically however I did notice the OE tires are junk. Wore out by 500 miles of casual driving and I replaced with a set of aftermarket wheels and tires (265-70-17) and still use my steel rims for my snow tires (245-75-16) . Overall it was a perfect truck that I use as a grocery getter!

Great truck

by Taco Guy from dallas on Tue Aug 20 2013

I bought a d cab 4x4 v6 auto in Jan. Now I have 9200k on the odo with zero issues. The truck is very capable, comfortable and a great value. I came from a 99 xcab v6 4x4 5 spd and I only gave up about 1 mpg. Overall i get high 18s or low 19s here with mixed high way and city driving. my only complaint would be the carrying capacity of the rear leaf springs. while rated at 1400 lbs, the rear sure squats with no where near that in the bed. This is the case also while pulling a trailer. I have a 12 foot trailer with a 4 wheeler and a tool box that squats the rear pretty good. i do have the trailer tow group with the weight distibuting hitch.

Best Value

by Alan from West Texas on Mon Mar 18 2013

The Tacoma I purchased really fills the bill for my ranch needs. It does the job my 3/4 ton Chevy does on half the fuel.

2013 Toyota Tacoma 6 cyl with supercharger

by Tacoma enthusiast from Reno, Nevada on Fri Jan 02 2015

I bought a 2013 Tacoma, did the "leveling kit"...a 2" lift, essentially, put on 32" tires, alloy wheels and a supercharger..on my extended cab version. Love the truck except I wish the drivers seat had a height adjustment. The supercharger makes a remarkable improvement in how it drives...much more torque and terrific acceleration. Gas mileage may be improved. I get 20-23 mpg no matter what I do on the highway and backroads. Low range crawl speed is good and the locking rear differential helps with traction in tough spots. Great for hauling yard trimmings to the dump or going off road. Short turning radius means it's not hard to get out of tight spots.

My first Toyota

by Truck Lover from New Philadelphia, Ohio on Wed Oct 21 2015

This is my first Toyota. I bought a 2013 Tacoma and I really like it. I am under 6 foot tall so I fit into it comfortably. My husband is 6'3" and he finds it not easy to get in and out. I got nerf boards on it so the grand kids and mother could get in and out easily. That really helped. I love the Bluetooth in the radio that syncs with my iPhone and the ability to talk on the phone by pushing on a button on the steering wheel, allowing me to talk without holding the phone. I enjoy playing my music on my phone through the audio system as well. It drives very smooth and it is very responsive. I wish the MPG was higher but I would still buy this truck. It is 4x4 and I need that where I live. I had fun putting accessories like the hood guard, window vent shields, tunneau cover, LED (blue) interior lights and fog lights on it. I plan to get a rearview camera for it also. It is already wired for it. My husband thinks I am living in my second childhood. My grand kids think there is more room in the back than what was with my Ford Sport Trac, which I loved also. It is not made for tall people in the back seat. There is a small amount of storage when you lift up the back seats or pull the seats forward. It is a sharp looking truck and I enjoy driving it. It didn't come with all the "bells & whistles" on it but I am putting some of those on myself! I look forward to years of driving my truck. Everyone I have talked to that owns a Toyota Tacoma says that I will love it and so far I do!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9