2008 GTI

2008 Volkswagen GTI

2008 Volkswagen GTI

Have You Driven the 2008 Volkswagen GTI?

Love it.

by Carbon from Los Angeles on Wed Mar 20 2013

"For those poeple who complain on the power: Take it to the freeway or somewhere safe and PRESS on the pedal!!! then come back and talk to me! When utilized Turbo adds 1/3 of your listed HP which means that you can smoke a 2012 Porche Boxter with your GTI (first hand experience). I have 49k on the DSG transmission with no issues and the car flies. Change the oil on time. 5k for me (including transmission oil every 40k or less). You can fit anything and everything in the back. I brought home a Queen size bed (in pieces but still). Love the lights because when you hit the turbo people need to know you're coming! Not that the engine won't let them know!! The car is a perfect combination of fun and convinient. I am not planning on selling this baby ever. Hopefully will never have to."

Love This Car!

by 08 GTI from Cincinnati, OH on Mon Feb 06 2012

I have owned two '08 GTI's. The first fell victim to a winter car accident. The second I purchased late last year. I love this car! I believe the manual transmission is a must! The driving experience is like no other. The handling is superb. If you drive smart and don't push the limits all the time you can achieve excellent fuel mileage. I have a family of four and there is plenty of room for us. Kids fit no problem and adult passengers always marvel at the unexpected headroom in the back seats. I do have the 4-door version. This car is my primary car and is great for the daily commute. I average 28-30mpg every day. It is also comfortable enough for any long drive. The '08 GTI is great on the straightaways, but I must say that the most fun is in finding a curvy stretch of open road!

GTI way to go!

by Levique from Phoenix, AZ on Wed Jun 01 2011

Just short and sweet: I'm getting over 30mpg in city, when driving nicely...and when I'm not so nice, I've got 200HP

hate to sound lame...but i feel SAWEET in this car

by newbie from OHIO on Fri Apr 11 2008

I love driving around in this car!! this sounds sad...but it gets me up in the morning!! ha.. Everyone is looking at it, i would too, it's niiiicee...even though i would prefer the boxier body (01-05), the smoothness exterior as well as interior make up for it. I LOVE how there's no blind spot, I feel one with the car.

My favorite thus far!

by mswizenheimer from East Bay, No. CA on Mon Apr 06 2009

I've owned 7 VWs over a period of 30 years, including 3 GTIs. After driving a '99 Jetta for a few years, I'd have taken a bet from anyone that I was through forever with VW -- and have lost, happily! I didn't think VW could improve on the '83-'84 GTI, but they have -- by far. In short, my little Spike is a joy to drive. In spite of its size I feel safe -- its quick handling, speedy acceleration and great braking don't get in the way of what so far (4000 miles) has been good gas mileage (28-30 mpg, combining freeway and city). It's everything my original two were, and so much more. Love the satellite radio, and it's perfect for a petite woman like myself who enjoys a "sports car"without sacrificing comfort. A bit snug for folks getting into the back seats, but I didn't get it to haul people, and when the back seats are down I have plenty of room to take camping equipment, etc. Spike is my new "first love!"

Great Car

by Tailfin61 from CT on Thu Oct 09 2008

Great car for the price, greater than the sum of it's parts. It's a ball to drive, reacts as if hardwired to your brain. Powertrain is smooth and the power is there no matter your speed or gear. 6 speed manual/clutch are perfect. Love the plaid seats and steering wheel. After 3 months averaging 25-26 MPG with mostly city driving. My GTI is rock solid, no reliability issues yet. I've owned many VWs and this is my favorite to date. I've also had Honda, Mazda, Subaru, and an Acura and I prefer the drive and feel of VW.

Fully serviced and ready to go

by petrk from Clearwater, FL on Tue May 02 2017

Lots of fun to drive, super fast turbo charged engine with a DSG transmission which is very smooth and with the option of manual shift from steering wheel. This GTI is also great on gas.

more fun than anything I've ever driven

by redreen from Pennsylvania on Sat Jun 04 2011

5 stars in every category. I've owned it for 3 1/2 years and it still amazes me every time I climb in the cockpit.

Sporty but well-rounded

by HerpDerpstreet from NC, USA on Sun May 14 2017

I owned this for 7 years and would have held onto it longer if I hadn't moved out of the country. The MkV platform was a complete return to form for the VW hot hatch. It looked the part without being obnoxious or boy-racer, was comfortable for daily driving, and felt fantastic when pushing through twisty back roads. Buying one now means you'll be giving up the modern technologies and creature comforts you can get from newer cars, like bluetooth, but if you want something simple, solid, and fun, I don't think you'll find anything better for the price.

Nice little car with some pep

by SheanL from Hillsboro, OR on Sun May 07 2017

Great little car. Has some pep with the 2.0l turbo. Inside is spacious for a two door, lots of room for four people. Used prices are a little high with the high demand. Owning a pickup, the car is a little tougher to get into as it's low to the ground and with the racing style seats, the constant rubbing on the edge of the seat? wears it out faster.

1 2 3