Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2013 Passat

2013 Volkswagen Passat

2013 Volkswagen Passat

4.4

Have You Driven the 2013 Volkswagen Passat?

Second Review, I've owned this car for 1 year now

by TW from San Francisco on Tue Oct 23 2012

I purchased the SE model, gas only. I drive about 500 miles from San Francisco to San Diego every two weeks. I get 32.6 miles/gallon. In addition to getting great mileage, I get an unbeliavable silent ride, great music and outstanding confort. I really don't care much about cars and I also do not write reviews. However, the Passat is an incredibly confortable car, cheap to run, and a pleasure to drive. What else matters in life?......

Great Car

by VW Fan from Camp Hill, PA on Thu Dec 20 2012

This is my 6 VW in 26 years of driving and by far the most fun one to drive. I chose the 5 speed manual transmission after driving 12 years of automatic Jettas. Smooth shifting and love the pick up the 2013 Passat has. Handles great and the kids LOVE the room in the back seat! I can fit 4 golf bags in the truck and the golfers fit comfortably in the car. Love what you have done with the size of the interior. The interior design is very basic, not flashy, and easy to understand. If you want a great car at a great value, the Passat is a GREAT choice!

Diesel is the way to go!

by TDI enthusiast from McMinnville, OR on Wed Dec 05 2012

Con: Navigation and backup camera are slower than a snail climbing down a tree. Pros: Fuel mileage is exceptional! I will NEVER drive a gas vehicle again. Clean diesel is the way to go, especially if you are a commuter. Try a new VW Passat today! You will be highly impressed!

New fan of VW Passat SE TDI!!!

by Kevin from Fort Wayne, IN on Fri Jun 28 2013

We just traded in a Toyota 4Runner and purchased a VW Passat SE TDI and even though I've only driven it for about a week I am really happy with the decision to buy it. The first day I was getting 39 mpg with only city driving. Since then I've averaged about 43 mpg with a mix of mostly city and a little on the freeway. This is fantastic especially when compared to the 17-18 mpg that we were getting in the 4Runner! The Passat is really a fun car to drive. The TDI has a lot of power from the low end torque and while it may not be the fastest right off the line, there is no problem with accelerating while driving. At times it feels more like a V6 because there's so much power. The ride quality is very smooth and the suspension is well controlled and balanced nicely. Many "experts" have complained that the exterior styling is pretty bland but I think that it will hold up well over time. Some of the other cars on the market will look dated in a few years because they are designed to be trendy. The VW has more of a classic, simple look to it and I actually like that. The interior design is also fairly simple but again I like the look of it. At first I was concerned that the seats wouldn't be comfortable because they look fairly flat, but so far I have no complaints. The trunk is spacious, back seat legroom is outstanding, and the controls are all well laid out. The driver information center takes a little time to figure out but it is very easy to use and intuitive. One suggestion - I do wish you could have the digital speedometer and another piece of info (average mpg, current mpg, etc.) displayed at the same time instead of having to alternate between them. We also considered a Camry and I liked the way that it drove, but the quality of the cabin seemed cheap even on the highest XLE trim level. The keyfob also felt like it was made with the cheapest possible plastic. The VW on the other has a much better fit and finish and they key feels solid in your hand. I think that the Camry's ride quality was a little softer when it came to the smaller road imperfections, but hitting larger bumps made me cringe. The Passat just seems to absorb everything more evenly. In summary, if you are reading this then you are probably researching the Passat and I highly recommend test driving one and especially the TDI. It is a roomy, powerful car with great mpg that also just happens to be fun to drive!

Great for the money

by DaveS from Phillipsburg, nj on Sun Jan 12 2014

I had to replace my commuting car ('10 Outback Sport). Wanted a sedan to have more room for the family and friends. Test drove every mid size on the market and for the money the Passat exceeded my expectations. Standard features are perfect, and it is great for my 100mile round trip daily commute. blue tooth works perfectly fine. Not a sporty or agile car, but that is not what it is designed to be, a few more hp in exchange for a few mpg would be nice thought.

Passat TDI SEL PREMIUM

by TDI First Timer from Lakeville, MN on Sat Dec 15 2012

First time TDI owner and have to say I'm amazed. The car is incredible to drive, great low end torque and solid on the road. MPG is better than rated. Consisting getting 32-33 MPG in heavy city driving and 42-44 in mixed highway and city driving. Straight highway will push or exceed 50MPG..simply amazing. Technology is good, the only thing I really don't care for is the remote start. Remote start will shut off when the doors are unlocked. Then you must restart vehicle. Fender sound system will shatter your glasses with crystal clear music. Navigation system is very easy to operate. Rear seat leg room is excellent. Trunk is huge. The TDI is responsive and off the start and does very well when you need to pass. It is not a sport car but very functional for typical highway driving. Visibility is excellent no real blind spot, side mirrors could be a little larger but are not trouble some. Rearview camera is nice but slow to turn on when the car is first started. Basically the computer takes a few seconds to boot up. I did test drive the new Honda Accord and Camry, both are very nice cars but they simply don't drive like a Passat, the choice was crystal clear after driving all these cars. If you have never drove a German car drive one, but be careful once you drive one you will not want to drive anything else. I do own a 2010 VW Jetta gas and it has been a fantastic car for us. Hope this helps you in your decision. Happy Driving.

59 chevy

by lovemyvw from on Sat Jan 19 2013

We love our new VW Passat. The dealer was great. We would definitely buy it again. Comfort and Performance in one car.

Passat TDI 2.0 SEL Premium

by ivo from northwest indiana on Sat May 18 2013

We have had this vehicle for three weeks now and have 1700 miles on it. I previously owned a 2012 Toyota Highlander and was only getting 21.5mpg on the highway, with the Passat I am consistently getting 48-50mpg's on the highway. My wife and I have never owned a VW before let a lone a diesel, however, after reading the reviews we decided why not? Have not regretted the decision yet! My wife who is used to driving v6's loves this vehicle, and drives it everyday city highway mix about 35 miles on way and is averaging 43mpg and does not want to drive her 2012 Toyota Venza anymore. She loves the power, nav system, fender sound system, and the feel of the vehicle. This has been a great purchase so far and I have only filled the vehicle up twice. I am getting 600-650 miles per tank (dealer did not fill up vehicle originally only had a half tank). Best vehicle for a commuter or family that does a lot of driving we average 25k per year and this is a great choice so far.

2013 VW Passat SE 2.5

by FlyingDutchman61 from Webster, Texas on Sun Sep 08 2013

Nice car and well build in Tennessee! Awesome quality. I like the fact the engine is place in the same position as the Jetta. Part I did not like is that the Houston dealerships do not want to work with you. E.G. SouthWest Infinity, West Lexus and others. Not too happy with that.

Nicely made domestic competitor

by Pep & Comfort from Rochester NY on Thu Jan 30 2014

Very impressed with the quality, performance, and gas mileage of this intermediate sized vehicle. Domestic production of this formerly German vehicle has not suffered from what is normally referred to as "trans-oceanic mediocrity"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15

Our Take on the 2013 Volkswagen Passat

While the 2013 Volkswagen Passat's straightforward simplicity may not win over the tech-addicted, its massive rear seat legroom should certainly win over those who plan to use it for real live people.

The Passat was redesigned in 2012, and for 2013 has a few minor changes, namely a new center console with rear air vents in the SE and higher trims, and a backup camera in the SEL. Compare the 2013 version side by side with its 2012 predecessor here. Technically a full-size sedan due to its passenger volume, the Passat is priced to compete with midsize sedans like the Hyundai Sonata, Kia Optima and Honda Accord. Check them all out here.

The Passat's trim levels include the base 2.5L... Read More