NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2016 Tiguan

2016 Volkswagen Tiguan

2016 Volkswagen Tiguan

4.4

Have You Driven the 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan?

A pleasant surprise in a crowded small SUV field

by Brian from Rochester, NY on Sun Dec 27 2015

I traded in a several year old Subaru Outback and this is a sleeper vehicle. I purchased the Tiguan SE 4motion earlier this month, filled with nice options. To date, very pleased. Size is perfect for urban driving. Drives with great reflexes, nice chassis, responsive turbo engine/transmission. Interior nicely done and is Audi-esque. Much better deal than with new Subaru (VW is hungry for sales right now). Gas mileage not quite up to that of competitors, but, with current gas prices, not an issue. I test drove Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4, Subaru Forester, and liked this the best.

Best car for the money

by Little red from Ca. on Mon Sep 05 2016

I'm a small person. This suv fits me perfectaly . I really like all the things that comes on it. Great color and interior. Would buy another one if I could. Car holds the road, gets great gas mileage and very comfortable to drive

Love my new VW

by Pebbs96 from on Sun Oct 23 2016

Purchased a 2016 Tiguan, R line....Excellent! It's compact, sporty, stylish, and handles very well. The turbo is great, and being a smaller SUV, it's both easy and a fun drive. No regrets here! 2nd car I've found and purchased on cars.com.

Solid change

by EdVR from Northwest territories on Wed Dec 20 2017

I feel safe. I love the useful and neat design of the car. No fussing around, it is simple and yet complete. I like the flexibility offered for the different type of driving that I need to do. My first drive was through a snow storm and I was quite impressed with how safe the drive was despite the terrible conditions. Great addition to the family! Only wish is for an ecoboost or something to reduce gas consumption (although it is not too bad).

Love it

by Pebbles01978 from on Mon Apr 24 2017

Nice style, solid interior and excellent pickup. Also handles well around curves. Highway driving is nice, handles well and is quiet. I have the R-line model.

Fun to drive

by Pebbs78 from Chicago on Fri Jun 09 2017

I really like this model for an SUV. I am not an SUV 'person' as I consider myself more of a performance enthusiast, but the Tiguan combines both into 1. It turns the corners like a go cart, and has quick pick up. Also, the Apple Carplay is AMAZING!!!

Beautiful and Comfortable Car

by NoraO from Chicago, IL on Wed Apr 10 2019

I can't really touch too much on reliability, because I have just purchased this about 3 weeks ago. It is a very comfortable car and I am finding that there are tiny things about it that have just been such conveniences. An example would be that it has many compartments for item storage, and they are textured (lined with rubber or something), which keeps my stuff in place due to the friction. It seems like almost every piece of this car was built smart, and has more functions than you'd initially think. Another thing I really appreciate is the lumbar support settings for the seats - totally customizable. Also, the heated area of the seats includes the lower back, which has been so nice (not to mention, many people who get in my car say that they are the warmest heated seats they've ever sat in).

Best car I've owned in a long time

by Mayan Wolf from Framingham, MA on Fri Oct 26 2018

This car met and exceeded all of my needs and expectations. It has plenty of legroom in both front and back, the ride is great and smooth. It has heated seats, back up camera, Bluetooth, , heated mirrors and 4Motion all-wheel drive that will be handy in the New England winters.

Best bang for the buck

by Luke's from Los Angeles,ca on Sat Jun 22 2019

I purchased used and went ahead and got synthetic oil,changed the engine filter,cabin air filter,and added nitrogen to the tires for maintenance free driving. I have had no issues at all with this car. At first the drivers seating arrangement felt awkward to me but in time you'll adjust and learn to appreciate it. I love all the features that you would miss if you didnt pay attention. The drive is great and although gas mileage doesn't meet competition it is still a great ride and not too far off. I would buy another one without hesitation. Just do your maintenance and take care of it and itll take you far.

Replaced my beloved New Beetle

by Cathy from Placerville on Wed Oct 24 2018

Drives well. Could use a bit more power, but I can always add an APR tune if it bothers me too much. So far, I'm enjoying the driving experience very much. I needed 4 doors and had to give up my 2000 New Beetle which drives like a rocket, so it is an adjustment. The interior of the Tiguan is lovely, extremely comfortable, and very well thought out. Everything is where it should be. I'm enjoying the Fender sound system. Great turning radius. Quiet. I put new Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus tires on the 19" wheels. Improved the drive and almost eliminated road noise. Love that the headlights illuminate the side of road when turning. I live in a rural area and this is a huge help when trying to see the road and avoid running over the local wildlife.

1 2 3 4 5 6