Model Details

4.3
Average based on 16 reviews

very beautiful car

by from Bellevue on August 2, 2010

Love the car bought one back in 2005 and gave it to my wife she loved it now i am thinking to buy a newer model but my wife wont sell it the only thing i did to the car is a tune up and regular maintenance and i am looking for another one to drive.

SUV with a sports car heart

by from Wisconsin on May 13, 2010

Great performance, i found in similar to driving a Porsche 911. I was originally looking at the Porsche Cayenne S, but then realized that the Touareg was extremely similar, and I actually liked the interior and exterior better on the VW, not to mention the price. I know the Porsche badge might mean a lot to some, but it didn't equate to an additional $15,000 on a used car....especially not one that I found more appealing. v8 is a must and very powerful and responsive, the v6 was too sluggish for the size and weight of this vehicle. Great in the cold weather regions as well

TREG in TX and Happy!

by from Texas on December 8, 2011

Purchased this steal of a deal 2005 in 2011 w/ nearly 80k miles. No problems, fun drive, nice ride and does everything I need it to do. Go T-Reg!

2005 V6

by from St. Joseph, MI on January 9, 2012

Bought our '05 back in November with 91,000 one owner miles and couldn't be happier. Truck drives and rides like it has 20,000 miles and the interior shows no visible wear for being an '05. Gas mileage sucks, but knew that when we bought it and didn't buy it to run up and down the highway anyhow. Maintenance is expensive, but that is expected when buying a high end German vehicle that if the money is spent on maintence, these things will run forever.

very nice

by from Abingdon va on September 20, 2013

Beautiful car,has held up well,drives very nice I am very happy with vehicle purchase.Dont see many on street,

Pleased owner

by from Maryland on August 26, 2010

A very capable highway and local vehicle with a sport-truck personality. Plenty of room and very comfortable for long trips as well. 2nd Row Seat fold-down could be easier to accomplish (hence the 4-Star Interior Design rating,) but in light of everything else I like about this V8 4X4 SUV that is a minor issue to me. One of the most attractive SUV's I have seen. East Coast blizzards of 2010 could not stop this vehicle under any circumstances.

better car that i had

by from on November 14, 2010

better car that i had. A very capable highway and local vehicle with a sport-truck personality. Plenty of room and very comfortable for long trips as well. 2nd Row Seat fold-down could be easier to accomplish (hence the 5-Star Interior Design rating,) but in light of everything else I like about this V8 4X4 SUV that is a minor issue to me. One of the most attractive SUV's I have seen. East Coast blizzards of 2010 could not stop this vehicle under any circumstances

VW Props

by from Quartz Hill, CA on October 21, 2011

I love my VW Touareg! You can go fast or ride slow so everyone can see you. The only down fall is the 91 gas. I am not a fan. If they make a more fuel cost efficient one I would buy all over again.

Leaky roof!

by from Central valley California on April 11, 2010

My toureg has a leak in the roof that the dealer can't ever fix. Also, the 15MPG isn't very good. Otherwise, it is a real nice vehicle.

LoveMyTouareg

by from Saint Louis MO on January 20, 2012

This is my first vw and i love it the price i pay for it was very reasonable and the performance is crazy talkin about going 160mph on highway with no worrie of about the vehcile going out of control this vehcile performance better than alot of the newer 2012 models cars and suv's for it to be an 05 its crazy fast for a suv that's over 5000lbs sport mode i love zoom see ya lol great job VW.