2005 Volkswagen Touareg consumer reviews

side view of 2005 Touareg Volkswagen
Explore the 2005 Volkswagen Touareg
2.9

My wife bought on used

We needed a car, my wife seen this 2005 Toureg. I told her not to buy it or at least take it to a mechanic to pressure to check it first. She did not and now regrets buying it. It has electrical problems that drain the battery. Come to find out that is very common in these cars.

Most fun car I have ever owned

The V* on this car is a beast. I have run this car for 14 yr=ears, still only has 79k miles, and do many small repairs myself. It's so good I just bought a new Touareg. Funny thing is the new ones are nearly as optioned as the mid-2000s models.

Great Car With all the bells and the whistles

Great in the snow, super silent during road trips. Love the interior with the lighting. Tow package helps. Heated steering wheel is awesome! 4 zone climate control is super nice. Rear windows have shades. fast , and fun car to drive.

Touareg is excelent in the winter

Never let me down. Very much fun to drive in the snow. You set the apropriate driving mode and can clime any mountain of snow.

It drove like a sports car.

Having the V8 cam in handy when driving in the mountains. I live in Denver and this car was a great all around vehicle. There was never a time I felt I could not get somewhere do to the weather.

4.3

High performance with the best engine sound

It's a excellent and high performance car with agility and engine sound that you prefer hearing over car radio. Is a little lighter than a Q7 3.6 for obvious reasons and is shorter. But both have same engine used by porsche Cayenne.

I highly recommend this vehicle

I loved her from the moment I lay eyes on her. The unique design means my Tuareg at 12 years old competes with the latest models vehicles without looking old. She handles well in winter and looks good in summer. Although she requires high quality fuel and gets a little costly when repairs are needed. I will say this, I have maintained all scheduled repairs on this vehicle and have had very little issues aside from those. She is expensive when the warranty expires so I recommend anyone who purchases a vehicle like this have gainful employment. Reliable, classy, and timeless is my discription of her.

3.1

Old Touareg

After 5 years of ownership VW Touareg did not stand its reliability and value. Numerous mechanical problems and cheap interior plastic fading completely. Major repair needed and very expensive to keep up with the vehicle standards.

VW Touareg-2005 may have been it's best year!

As another reviewer said, this is a "sleek and sporty-looking vehicle". Ours draws admirers when parked too. Regular oil changes and tune-ups is all our 2005 has needed to keep it running great. Seen many negative comments about the Touraeg...I guess maybe 2005 was a good year for them. But hey- any 12 year old car is going to need things replaced now and again. Our expenses for the standard tune-up replacements haven't been out of line in our opinion. It's a foreign import - of course it's going to be more than what's charged for a domestic model...comes with the territory.

4.4

Beautiful head-turner. Lots of compliments!

Neat Interior design. Sleek & sporty Exterior. Powerful engine that was made to love a fast speed. Draws Lots Of Admiration And Comments When Parked In Public.