2011 Volkswagen Touareg consumer reviews

side view of 2011 Touareg Volkswagen
Explore the 2011 Volkswagen Touareg
Shop the 2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Best vehicle I've ever owned

Just absolutely love driving my Touareg TDI. Speedy acceleration, great handling and awesome torque. Looks great inside and out, seats are the most comfortable I've owned.

One of the coolest SUVs I've owned

The 2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Executive is one awesome car. First it gets amazing gas mileage for size, weight and performance. Second, it's decked out with tons of options, hard disk drive, SD-card slots, navigation, Voice control, satellite radio, keyless ignition, etc. Third, the off-road capability is perfect for driving on the beach, off-road trails, or through deep snow in the mountains. This is one of the last true SUVs on the market. All of the unibody SUV impersonators cannot perform like this vehicle. I'm talking about the Mercedes M-Class, BMW X5, Toyota and Honda fake SUVs, Ford Explorer, etc.

1.0

wrong price on cars.com

wrong price on cars.com, they lower their price on cars.com by $10k!!!!!!!! I wont recommend this dealer, they lie!

Best SUV out there!!!

I bought my Touareg TDI on 2011, its such a great car it got the power when u need it and the sporty look plus the sport suspension~ I have the diesel model which give me 22 local and 29 mpg on highway with me going at 80mph. And the AWD system is just so awesome! Can u believe a road is full of snow that's around 10 inch deep without a snow chain and the car still pull u though without a problem?? The Touareg can do it just as easy!

best suv i have driven

only bad thing its the radio need more power,its have a lack of power but after push the gas pedal it just disappear

Excellent but too early to tell

We searched for this vehicle and found an excellent model. Very happy so far. Have placed Blizzex tires on it but alas, no snow yet so can't comment how it will perform in winter conditions.

2011 Touareg LUX TDI

Awesome vehicle - best I have ever owned. Diesel getting better than expected mileage. Lots of power and smooth ride for an SUV. No issues in 4000 miles so far. Sold my Audi Q5 to get this - good decision.

3.3

Nice, but there are better choices out there...

The rear tires on this vehicle are at a slight angle (per VW's recommendations/requirements) this causes the tires to wear unevenly, so when the tires are rotated at 10K miles, a loud tire noise and vibration are what you get starting at 10K miles. Apparently this is "normal" for this vehicle and is something the driver is supposed to live with... it only got worse at 20K miles. On the plus side- it's pretty roomy inside, the all wheel drive is great in the winter time, and it's a sharp looking vehicle. For the money, I think in my personal experience, a Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander would have been a better choice...

Best SUV I've owned

I normally wouldn't put Volkswagen in the "luxury" category. But this vehicle is LUXURY (With executive package) and I Love it! This is right up there with our audi's and lexus vehicles.

Get the TDI

Got the Exec TDI in March after considering the LR4, Range Rover, X5 and Cayenne. The Touareg is really great. First it is just the best looking SUV out there. Secondly the value for money, even at $58k is very good. Fit and finish is superb and it is loaded to the hilt with features. I am getting 28-31 MPG on the highway and 24 around town. The best part, which my buddies find shocking, is that I get 18-19 MPG towing a Porsche 911 on a Trailex 8045 trailer. That's about double a Tahoe. The Touareg is difficult to find around NYC where I live so I went on cars.com and found one in Pensacola. Flew down and bought it and took a nice drive back over a few days.