2011 Volkswagen Touareg consumer reviews

side view of 2011 Touareg Volkswagen
Explore the 2011 Volkswagen Touareg
Shop the 2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Nice suv - 2011 TDI Lux

Only thing I can say somewhat negative about this suv is the huge vw emblems on it. Come on vw make them smaller. Love the suv. The best I have driven hands down. Power, mpg (30mpg on Interstate at 80mph), style, comfort and ride!!

Best in Class

This is the best. Really researched the category, drove them all and I am a former BMW driver (I still have two others) but this thing is the bomb. Best I've driven by a lot.

Almost perfect

2011 TDI Premium Very nice, but seats could be more comfortable and had trouble with key fob, sine its replacement it?s been fine. Positives; handles great, good acceleration 0-60, fair above that. Very nice interior and love the full sun roof. Very good mileage. Negatives; had minor problems with the key fob, but once it was replaced, it?s been fine

Simply put....Awesome vehicle

Purchased a TDI Executive last week. Considered Q5/7, X5, and Acadia Denali. The ride, features, fit and finish, and styling made the Touareg the hands down choice. 529 miles of "wow!" so far. 80 mph on freeway and you can hear a pin drop. Zero vibration. It rides better than both Audi's and has more forgiving suspension than the X5. I won't even mention comparison to the Acadia (there is none). 26.7 mpg to date. I'm sure after break-in will only get better. Dynaudio system is outstanding and the Nav system is much more intuitive than I expected. I'm very impressed with this car to date.

3.0

Lifetime VW/Audi Owner Got a Lemon 2011Touareg TDI

I purchased a 2011 VW Touareg TDI Lux package on 12/30/10. On the way home, the electronics started acting up. After 2,000 miles, the entire AdBlue low emission diesel exhaust system blew out. After a full day in the shop, I was told it would take a week to order the parts to, as the dealer put it, "replace the AdBlue system." So, I go back in a week, and after 5 more full days in the shop (did I mention the repair took FIVE FULL DAYS?, I'm told an additional part will take at least 2 weeks to acquire to complete the repair. That puts me close to 4 weeks continuously ithout my new $55,000 car within 3 months of ownership. I've asked VW to just replace the lemon I bought, and although fixing it takes 4 weeks, telling me they won't swap my Touareg for a working model took less than 24 hours. In addition, I have several electronic problems going on that other owners on the Club Touareg forum have also experienced. Despite other owners describing the exact same problems, my dealer says they just can't seem to replicate those problems, and it looks like I'll get my car back with none of the electrical problems resolved. That's IF the AdBlue system doesn't blow out again. In my post college career, I've owned only VW and Audi cars, and VW has now ruined a lifetime of brand loyalty with a defective product and a terrible customer service response. A simple swap for a non-lemon from some VW executive driving around a free TDI would have kept me a loyal customer.

Outstanding vehicle

I traded in a Cadillac Escalade when I bought the Volkswagen Touareg TDI, Executive trim. I am completely satisfied with the Touareg. Acceleration up to about 70 mph is excellent. Handling (both on the highway and around town) is outstanding for a vehicle which weighs close to 5000 lbs. The ride is well-controlled and comfortable. Fuel mileage on the interstate at 70 to 80 miles per hour is 25 MPG. Fuel mileage around town in stop and go driving is about 18. Both the front and rear seats are roomy and comfortable. Both my wife and I believe this car would be great to take on a trip across the country.

nancy

Great car rides real smooth. The only down fall is the disc player...in the glove compartment. very poor place can't really be used . otherwise great car.

4.4

Road Hugging Luxury

Handles like an MB TD. I can't believe I can sit up this high & still corner like I'm sitting way down low. TDI pick up is great, although I'm not looking for drag strip performance. I drive leisurely most times. Even new, 28 MPG on trips. Seating comfort is grand. Sound system superb. Only dislikes are: Seat buttons location means that if the driver's door blows closed & you catch it, you hit a seat button. Cup holders should be located 3 inches forward of their current position. I am very impressed with VW's commitment to customer satisfaction. To tal commitment!

What an amazing ride.

You really need to drive this new Touareg. It is awesome. Once you get in it, you know that it's a very special car. I really love the new seats.