Kunes Ford Lincoln of Sterling

Used (815) 595-4095 (815) 595-4095
Service (815) 595-4094 (815) 595-4094

1.8

Do not purchase from Kunes

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DEALERSHIP TO ANYONE EVER AGAIN. When we first worked with Kunes we purchased a used 2010 Jeep Wrangler in beautiful condition with not too many miles on it. We purchased this around two years ago, but up until the last few weeks we hadn’t had any problems with the car other than normal things that we could take to a mechanic. But with that being said I noticed my car was shaking in park and the engine sounded absolutely terrible so we decided to take it in since we were (supposed to be) covered under an extended warranty that we purchased for $3800 extra. And after our experience lately I never want to give Kunes country a single penny again. We miraculously found out that this extended warranty we paid extra money for was supposed to cover most major things that they can fix. But when we talked to the GM and service workers, we suddenly discovered that the warranty we had was under the lowest warranty but we still paid the same amount for the extended warranty. Where our money went? Not a clue! They just wanted their original estimate of $1900! The financial representatives that sold it to us were no longer with the company for reasons they couldn’t disclose. But they assured us that my alternator that went out would be something covered. So we said to go ahead and fix it but anything else wrong we would be taking somewhere else. About 2 weeks goes by and we were ready to pick up my car and immediately after take it to a mechanic we trust. But our mechanic realized that the voltage coming from my car was less than the required 12 volts (at the time he checked it was 9.8) and we decided to take it right back to kunes because we had an idea that the alternator they replaced was faulty. Sure enough it is, and 20 minutes after driving off from kunes to our mechanics and back, they informed us it was now at 9.2 volts (My battery would have died by the next day). We’ll now be waiting another week or so for the part to come in again and be fixed for the second time. As far as i’m concerned all Kunes really cares about is making more money and getting you out the door. It’s been a real pleasure doing business with you Kunes, thank you for taking thousands of dollars from us and not being able to disclose where our $3800 went. We’ll be in contact soon!

Dealer response

Mirrint, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. We would like to work towards a resolution, so if you are willing, please reach out to us at (815) 625-6300 to discuss this further.

Ford Explorer 2020

It was a breeze! The buying experiences gracious and very professional

Dealer response

Susan Jacobs, we are very happy we could provide you with a positive experience! Thank you so much again for your feedback! We hope you have a great day!

Buying from Kunes

Good experience just expect to pay more than your planning

Dealer response

Jordan Sucher, we really appreciate your feedback! Thanks again for taking the time to leave us this information about your recent visit. Take care!

Kunes Country Ford, Sterling Il 61081

I had a very pleasant experience with my purchase from Kunes Country Ford and the salesman was friendly and considerate of my needs. I have driven Fords for about 50 years and will continue to buy Fords.

Dealer response

Nettie Poulos, we really appreciate your positive review! Thanks again for taking the time to leave us this information about your recent visit. Take care!

2.3

Service center for Kunes of sterling, illinois

The lady that checked me in at the service desk in the end would not listen and talked over me. I felt they should have fixed it right the first time and I shouldn?t have to pay for it , especially if there is a recall!!

Dealer response

Hi Danielle Waller, we regret to hear that you are displeased with your recent experience with us. If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

4.0

Recent oil change

Had a great service? only complaint was no one wore masks or were practicing social distancing. Mad me VERY uncomfortable.

Dealer response

Deborah Bloxsom, thank you for the high star rating! We look forward to your next visit! Take care!

Ask for Bob!

Bob made my purchase process of my 2017 Fusion Sport absolutely seamless. This was the easiest and best car buying experience I’ve had to date, and when it comes to me for my wife’s new car I will definitely be back!

Dealer response

Brandon, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at Kunes Country Ford Lincoln. We look forward to your next visit! Take care!

Stop here and look 1st!!!

The sales staff are wonderful! Andre Freeman really went out of his way to find the perfect care for me and the process was very smooth from start to finish! The entire team is driven to provide customer satisfaction and it shows!

Dealer response

Becky Mckinnon-wade, we're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at Kunes Country Ford Lincoln. We always strive to provide top quality service to every guest, and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Kunes Country Ford Lincoln!

Always a Good Experience

We buy all of our vehicles from Kunes Country and rely on them for service. They are very accommodating and always come through for us for vehicle purchases, oil changes, repairs or whatever. It?s nice to have a reliable and trustworthy go-to for all our vehicle needs.

Dealer response

Doug Heeren, we are so happy to read such a great review about Kunes Country Ford Lincoln! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you. Have a wonderful day!

Kunes Ford , Sterling, ILlinois

Excellent personal service from the salesperson and the business manager. New vehicle was cleaned and washed before i picked it up. It was ready as promised and I am enjoying driving my new Edge. I was introduced to the service manager and treated with the utmost respect by all staff there. Salesperson went above and beyond to get me the exact vehicle I was looking for, Overall a good buying experience from Kunes Ford.

Dealer response

Melissa, thank you for your kind words and congratulations on your new vehicle! Our team is dedicated to providing top-quality service, and we're so happy to hear that your experience reflected this. If you have any additional needs or questions, we will be more than happy to assist you! Safe travels!