Bert Smith Subaru

(4.7) 173 reviews

Call This Dealer

New Used Service

173 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Bert Smith Subaru from DealerRater.com
  • Best car-buying experience

We bought a new Outback last Friday and it was one the least pressurized buying experiences I have had. Mike Brown, our saleman, was laid back, straig...ht-shooting and extremely patient and accomodating. We had no pressure to buy - not like when we went to a local Honda dealer to look at the CR-V. The Outback seems like a better built, more comfortable car for essentially the same price. We were pre-approved by our bank but got 1/2% better interest rate through Subaru. They will be the first place we go when we look to replace our other car in a year to two! They were in the process of expanding their dealership is the only reason we gave the facilities a lower score - the sales area, while small, was neat and clean.

• Professional, Respectful, and Efficient

We had a great experience buying a new Subaru Outback the day before New Year's Eve. Ask for Ralph! He was very professional, not pushy at all, and le...t the product sell itself. The business office was accommodating and we are extremely happy with our experience.

• Poor salesmanship and management

Very poor salesmanship!! They definitely dont pressure you into buying a vehicle like the other review said... They hardly return your call as if they... have another job too do besides making a sale... No point in speaking with the manager because he treats you the same way the salesman does...wonder where he gets it from...Its a shame that our government bails out car companies like this place... Maybe if they'd make more of a effort on treating their potential customers With respect and focus on selling cars instead of being pricks then They wouldn't need bail outs...

• 2017 VW Tiguan

Jeremy was very friendly and helpful, followed up with me on his day off to make sure I was taken care of! Would recommend paying him a visit if you ...are looking for a VW.

• VW Dune purchase

Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted a beetle. Paul Sullivan helped me get the car I always wanted. Very patient and accommodating.

• Blatent deceit

When we purchased our Crosstrek on October 10, we were told by Jared McDonald, our salesperson, AND the "document preparation" person (not sure of his... name- he had just transferred to the company) that Bert Smith Dealership would handle getting us the "special issue" license plate we had chosen. At Jared's request, we printed and gave him a copy of the "Endless Summer" plate we had chosen. Jared and the document prep person assured us that Diane, the Title Clerk, would handle the entire process. We left the dealership on Oct 10, with a standard FL plate. Jared and the document preparation person told us that Bert Smith would mail us the plate within a month's time. The plate never came. On Nov 17 I learned from Diane the title clerk that the request had never been submitted to her and the process for acquiring a special issue plate had not been followed. End of Bert Smith's responsibility. It's hard for me to believe that a car sales person who's job involves delivering a licensed vehicle to the buyer doesn't know the process for ordering a plate. We trusted Jared. He SEEMED knowledgeable and spent a lot of time acquainting us with the car. Was it deceit or incompetence? Bottom line, we were led to believe we had ordered a special issue plate and the fact is we were deceived by the salesman and the document preparer. Bert Smith Dealership condones it's salespeople being deceitful to close a sale. It makes me wonder what other deceits go unchecked? A new car is a major purchase and the buyer should expect the seller to be credible and honest. There are plenty of Subaru Dealerships find one you can trust all the way through. I am currently looking for other venues to place this review. We are very disappointed in our experience.

• Could care less

Manager Knaus has a care less attitude. I approached him to correct a problem. He said come back in a few weeks. Bad people. Mike Mayo

• A New Lease

The Lease period was nearing the end so I returned to Bert Smith. As before, each person I came into contact with was personable, friendly, and profes...sional. Especially getting credit for my 5 Star Rating is my advisor, Darryl Phillips. He made it a no hassle exchange and thoroughly explained everything to me.

• Used truck purchase

Jared MCDonald was awesome and super helpful! He was able work with my schedule allowing me to get the vehicle I truly wanted. Thank you Jared!!!

• Best car buying experience

Jared was so helpful in both choosing the car I wanted as well as working through the cost and financing, it was the best car buying experience I've e...ver had. My husband was so impressed that he is switching to Bert Smith and Jared for his next car!

Bert Smith Subaru