Shelbyville Auto Sales

Saturday 8:00am–5:00pm
Sunday Closed
(931) 813-4250 (931) 813-4250

4.4

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

Fantastic experience

Quite possibly the most pleasant buying experience ever. Small town service and knowledgeable staff. I found the perfect truck and 30 minutes later was signing paperwork. I'd recommend this lot to anyone. I fully intend to send business their way. It was a 2 hour drive that was well worth the time.

Monte Johnson and Joey Young at Shelbyville Auto Sales...

Monte Johnson and Joey Young at Shelbyville Auto Sales are a couple of stand up guys and will do what's right for you. They actually sent my son and I to a different dealership to see what they had and never once pushed anything on us. We came back to them and bought a truck with an honest interest rate and was in and out in 30 minutes. I could've hung out with those two guys all day long unlike the folks across the street at Newton Ford South. Those are about the most dishonest people I've ever delt with and I wouldn't stop in there to go to the bathroom!!!!! My son and I drove 4 hour from Georgia to look at and buy a truck from Newton and after been lied to all week about the condition of the truck, I noticed Shelbyville Auto Sales across the street. It's just amazing how GOD works...... I will definitely do business with Monte and Joey again and send anyone I know to them......

1.3

Rude lady cost them a sale

Salesman was very polite Receptionist very unprofessional and down right rude....cost them a sale....they sold first truck out from under us....but we were interested in a second...but once she starting being rude etc we walked out and never looked back...

Dealer response

We apologize for lack of communication. We don't hold trucks without a deposit for this reason. This has been a company policy for 9 years. If we can help in the future, please let us know.

Love these guys bought my truck from them I couldn’t be...

Love these guys bought my truck from them I couldn’t be more happier these guys make car buying easy they are fast and efficient they have great financing they make you feel at home and like family no one is a stranger to these folks and my truck is exactly what I wanted

2.0

bad customer service

Hate leaving bad reviews but this is warranted. Bought a ram 2500 truck. I got it home back to GA to find it needs $2500 in front end repairs, transmission leaks, oil leaks, passenger head light wires melted and doesn't work, trailer hitch light plug doesn't work, back up sensors don't work and more. i have had to put 5k into my new truck in 1 month. Was told by monte before i drove off lot that they stand behind their trucks. BS. This place don't give a S*** about you. They will put you off until you give up. So here I am. I know used trucks will have some issues but just beware this dealership could care less. This is all factual. I have plenty of emails and recorded conversations i can share. Any rebuttal to this review is simply BS !

1.8

BEWARE

Dealer response

We did discuss these issues and tried to reach a resolution with this customer. These trucks are as-is, but we understand things happen that we can't control. They are man made and sometimes they will need maintenance. We hope to help in the future.

Best place to buy diesel trucks

When you want to buy one of the best pre owned diesel trucks in the market, go see Toby the Tennessee Diesel Truck Man at Shelbyville Auto Sales!

Dealer response

We appreciate your feedback Geoffrey! We try hard to keep a great selection of diesel trucks! Thank you again for your business!

3.0

Not impressed

I am not impressed with this dealership. The staff was friendly but we have had nothing but trouble since we bought the vehicle. Within the first week it shut off on us driving on the interstate and the check engine light came on. Called the dealership and had to take it to a mechanic shop 20 mins from my house. Once they got it fixed we were told to come pick it up got all the way over there and they were closed and did not leave us the key. I called the dealership and complained and they ended up having it delievered to our house but when we got it back they had ran a lot of gas out of it and the spare tire was lowered and about to fall out so we couldn’t even drive it because the mechanic shop kept the tools to put the spare tire back up. Finally after like 4 days got a tool from the dealership to get it back up. Now after only having it a few weeks it is making a roaring noise while driving so we are going to have to have it worked on again. Will not buy from this dealership again. They do not seem to care about the hassle we have been through.

Dealer response

We apologize for the inconvenience. We did help with the issues you were having. Please give us a call to discuss this further.

1.0

crap service crap response crap sales

Waste of time , credit , and effort. Dude doesn’t listen ! Return calls or emails! Doesn’t even care to sale you a vehicle .. Thinks he’s kinda regarded honestly !

Dealer response

We apologize for the miscommunication and your frustration. Some circumstances are beyond our control and legally we have to use the lender's guidelines when applying for an auto loan. We don't want to divulge the details of this transaction publicly, but we both know the details. We don't have complaints such as this and we would like the opportunity to discuss this further. Please feel free to contact us directly at 931-684-3238.

Awesome Inventory, Great People and Honest Service

These folks are very professional. They made the buying process easy and stood behind their sale. The Ram I bought had a failed clutch during the first week and they didn't hesitate to put it in their shop immediately. I have a great truck, a new clutch and have found the repair shop and dealership I will plan to use in the future.

Dealer response

Thank you for the business!