Mazda of Escondido

Saturday 8:00am–2:00pm 9:00am–7:00pm
Sunday Closed Closed
(855) 628-5705 (855) 628-5705

3.9

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

1.0

Terrible dealer

Stay away from this dealership. Especially their salesperson Patrick Howard. While shopping for a new CX-5 I was in touch with internet sales at each of the county's mazda dealerships. I knew what I wanted, didn't need to test drive and was ready to purchase. Most were quick, professional, and honest. Not Patrick. Patrick practices all the scummy salesman stuff you'd expect at a no-name corner used car lot. He told me the car we had discussed sold (even though he had just emailed me that morning to see if I was still interested) and that he had no other inventory that fit my criteria (obviously untrue after me asking for best price and Patrick knowing I was shopping around). I contacted the dealership with another email address and WOW, they had like six cars available that would've worked for me including the one that he said was SOLD. Lies lies lies. Made my choice in who to give my business to much easier! I ultimately went to Bob Baker Mazda, got an amazing deal through Fred Bandi who was quick, honest, and professional. In and out in a hour there. Take your business to someone who clearly wants it and will take way better care of you than this place.

Dealer response

Colleen, I would like the opportunity to speak with you about your experience and learn more about your experience shopping for a Mazda CX-5. Would you mind reaching out to me with your preferred contact information at howen@penskeautomotive.com? Thank you! Sincerely, Hilary Owen Management Team Mazda of Escondido

1.0

Drop in Standards

I had to delete a previous 5-star review and replace it was this one-star review. It saddens me that the level of trust and honesty that made me drive out of my way to get my car serviced here, albeit for a higher price was put into question during my last visit. Ever since I bought my car from this dealership years ago, I have been servicing it there despite the higher service costs. The reason is simple, I felt a certain level of honesty and trust. Honesty is a commodity that is hard to come by and I don't mind paying more for it. Ever since Andrew Peet, their then service manager left the company, it has not been the same. I could care less about smiles, good coffee, and comfortable seats. I value honesty and trust above those little gimmicks. I brought my car here to have a new fog light cover installed. It is basically a very simple install that could literally take 20 seconds to pop in. You literally just pop it in. Yet, the service manager assuming that I was ignorant as to how it was done, gave me the impression that it was major labor, etc. One bad experience isn't enough to dismiss them so I went there to have one of my headlights replaced and the idiot(new guy) that was typing the order put $241 as diagnosis costs. I wonder what I would be charged for punctured tire diagnosis. It seems like honesty, good customer service, trust is something that has to be reinforced regularly to keep up with standards. I do not plan to return here. My car is 5 years old and I plan to buy a new one, I will go elsewhere. Very disappointed.

Dealer response

Frankie, We take our customer feedback very seriously and would like the opportunity to learn more about your concerns related to your recent service experience. Can you please send your preferred contact method to me at aspears@penskeautomotive.com? I look forward to hearing from you. Anita Spears Service Manager aspears@penskeautomotive.com

Very Happy with my purchase!

Very happy with my experience and purchase with Mazda of Escondido. I found my car online and sorted out all the details and information with Patrick over the phone for a few days. After being able to meet my purchase price and payment I had wanted agreed to buy the car I wanted. They had all the paperwork ready for me when I arrived and I had already been approved for financing. Was in and out with my new car in about an hour. Highly recommend this dealership. My most pleasant car buying experience to date.

Dealer response

Krista, thank you for the positive feedback! We are happy to know that you had a pleasant car buying experience with us and with the help of Patrick. We appreciate you recommending us and we hope to see you again soon!

CX5 2017

2 new mazdas We love them. The second pair from Barb

CX-5 GT

Great time spending the day getting a new car black or white was the tough decision. Black it is!

CX-5 Review

Had a fantastic experience here at Mazda Escondido!! Barb was an absolute pleasure to work with!

Best salesperson ever!

Happy deal! Beautiful car.meeting all expectations with lots of new toys and gadgets

5 Stars

I had such a great experience with Barb. She made it enjoyable to buy a car.

5 Stars

Will helped me decide on a purchase. He was informative, helpful, and made the process painless. I'd come back and recommend friends to him when looking for a car.

1.4

house of cards

My wife and I went to Mazda of Escondido with her mother to purchase a GMC Acadia. The test drive went well. The car seemed to be in great shape. Cleaned of course to make it presentable. Within a week, the transmission had issues and left my wife and 2 year old daughter on the side of the road. They made us use our AAA to get it down there, but said they would take care of it. They continually said that the car would not repeat the issue. The service manager even tried to make the claim that the aftermarket backup camera and sensors is what caused it. Did I mention that i used their aftermarket installer and his parts? We drove the car a week and it did it again. We got the car to them. I was assured they would go through the transmission to make sure everything was fixed. I was specifically told that they will take care of it and that our extended warranty wouldnt be used. They tell us they are going to send it to GMC. I asked if I could take it to a dealer closer to home that I trusted, they refused. 10 days later, after we paid for the insurance of the rental car and gas for second time, we return to pick up our vehicle that we are assured is top notch. We receive a letter in the mail stating that the work they performed was actually done through our warranty. It was not taken by them at all. I shrug it off and thank my stars that my family has a safe vehicle to drive. After a month of driving, the car repeats the same issue a third time. I take it to the dealer I originally asked to do the work, and they tell me that the only item replaced was an exterior part of the transmission. I am now currently waiting for a new transmission to come from GM. If you are looking for a used car you can trust, or a dealership that is honest, this is not the one for you. I expected a lot more from a penske owned dealership. I am now both frustrated and angry that we were lied to, let down, and in my opinion cheated. If you find yourself near this location, feel free to do your best Usain Bolt impression while listening to the flock of seagulls and "RUN!"