University Volkswagen Mazda

42 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

January 27, 2019

I took my car in for the 75000 mile service, and to get the check engine light turned off. Original quote for service was less than $300 and would only... take 2.5 hours. Was also told that mechanic would send a video link to keep me informed and updated. 4 hours later, no video update, but informed that car needs fuel filter, brake fluid and transmission fluid flush. Ok so now $824 and almost 7 hours, still no video update. Get car and on way home notice check engine light is still on. One of the points of servicing the car is getting the light turned off. Called to see when they can get it back in. Certainly not a priority for them. Asked to speak with a manager but still waiting. I wonder how much they will charge me to fix their oversight?

June 15, 2018

Best car purchasing experience ever. Both the sales department and service depart go beyond the call of duty to give customers a wonderful experience.... University Volkswagen worked tirelessly to address my car repair needs. Charles Kimbell, along with the rest of the staff at University Volkswagen are a customer service focus dealership. The service department even top off my gas and wash my car. I really have come to enjoy getting to know the staff over time and I would not take my vehicle anywhere else. First experience: This Volkswagen dealership goes the extra mile repair and rectify even the most hard to diagnose issues.

• March 6, 2012

We knew what we wanted and we knew the price we wanted. The salesman was honest and was happy to provide options. There was no pressure to buy. We concluded... the whole buying process in about 4 hours. Other Mazda dealers stuffed us around. University Mazda are good to deal with. Only downside was that we wanted an accesory fitted and this took a bit more time than we wanted (although arguably our timings were tight).

March 12, 2018

I am very happy with their service. You need to make an appointment because they are busy. But they don't tack on all kinds of extras. They have been... very honest from my experience.

January 5, 2018

No option for zero stars. I live in California, but my daughter goes to college in Albuquerque, she has been driving the car there. I took my Passat for... the 30K service, they recommended we change 2 tires, and i followed the recommendation. We had the car serviced because we were driving back to California. In the middle of the way the "Tire Inflation Warning" started to light up, I have since checked the tire pressure about 20 times, so there is something wrong with the sensor, after they serviced the tires and when trying to stop downhill it seems you are driving ona cobblestone road. I called them and left a couple of messages, I wrote them, they replied and asked for more information and then ignored me. They obviously dont stand behind their work. I woudl definitely NOT take the car back for service and woudl never consider buying a car from them with the horrednous level of service they have.

September 13, 2017

Sales person was very disinterested, and annoyed to come in on his day off to close the deal. No follow up from anyone after the sale. They also screwed... up the car's registration and omitted my wife's name. We had our previous vehicle serviced at University for years. If this is how they treat a long time customer, good luck to you......

March 16, 2017

I called in twice to order parts for my car through the University VW parts department. The guy taking my order did not ask for any personal information... to tie my order to. When I asked him how I would know when my order was in he told me they would call me. I told him I hadn't provided my name or number, to which he replied he had it and continued on to read my number off of what I assume was their caller ID system. I thought this was odd, but he promised everything was ok. Two months went by and I finally called for an update. The guy on the phone said they had no order placed for me. Now I need to take my car back to the shop, have the mechanic pull the seats off again so we can get the right part numbers for the parts I need. Completely useless people here.

September 25, 2016

I am immensely grateful for the customer service at University Volkswagen. Initially, Quinten, the service repair technician who was fairly new, told... me the repair for the water pump on my 2012 Volkswagen CC was not under warrantee and gave me a repair quote that was not within my budget. I had to tow my car to an independent repair shop, where it was fixed. Meanwhile, I called the corporate office to inquire about the warranty and they discovered the repair was still under warranty and stated they would call the regional office and set it straight. When I called the dealership again, they stated the Corporate office will pay for the parts, but they won't pay for the labor. When I was driving my car home from the independent repair shop, I received a call from Quinten stating they would pay for both parts & labor. I really appreciate the fact that he set things right. Yes, people make mistakes, but when they own up to them and make them right, ...that is integrity worth sharing and writing a review. Especially since I am on a very tight budget. I was also very satisfied with my salesperson, Keith who sold me my car & this experience although a bit inconvenient has made me believe this is a car dealership I can depend on to take care of my car.

June 28, 2016

I love my 2007 Mazda Speed 3, which has required no service in 9 years other than oil and tire changes. At 70,000 miles I brought it to University Mazda... for a full inspection. They sent me a video review of my car's condition (still excellent) and a list of needed repairs, which I could see with my own two eyes. The price was very affordable.

June 24, 2016

I had starting hearing a very strange thumping noise on my front wheels today. I couldn't see anything wrong with the car, so I decided to take it into... University Mazda and have them check it out. Adam was very courteous and quick about getting my car checked out. Nicolas the technician, took my car and noticed I had a huge piece of tar attached to my tire. He was able to remove it quickly. Best service in town!!!! Thank you Adam and Nicolas!!