University Volkswagen Mazda

Used (505) 355-6747 (505) 355-6747
Service (505) 448-1957 (505) 448-1957

4.2

1.0

Unfair practice got ripped off

Dont trust 'UNIVERSITY VOLKSWAGEN' I BOUGHT MY BRAND NEW CONVERTIBLE TURBO FINAL EDITION BEETLE. AT TIME OF FINANCING THE FINANCING PERSON MOHAMED CONVINCED ME TO PURCHASE THE EXTENDED WARRANTY AND THE GAP INSURANCE. THE EXTENDED WARRANTY ALONE WAS ABOUT A THOUSAND DOLLARS AND THE GAP ANOTHER FOUR HUNDRED. WELL I TRADED IN THE CAR WITH ONLY 59 ACTUAL MILES ON IT. I WAS TOLD BY THE OTHER DEALERSHIP TO CALL UNIVERSITY VOLKSWAGEN AND TALK TO MOHAMED WHO DID THE FINANCING. TO REFUND MY EXTENDED WARRANTY AND GAP THIS IS HOW UNFAIR BUSINESS THEY RUN!! ABOUT 1,400.00 I GOT 300.00 DOLLARS BACK THEY WOULD NOT REFUND THE EXTENDED WARRANTY 😒 A THOUSAND DOLLAR WARRANTY I LOST!! HE TOLD ME THEY DON'T REFUND THE WARRANTY!! UNFAIR BUSINESS!! BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU GO TO UNIVERSITY VOLKSWAGEN!!

Bad Customer Service

I’ve always had a positive experience until yesterday. The part to my car was preordered and paid for weeks in advance. Took the day off of work and waited for an hour until anyone knew what was going on. Finally, I was given a loaner and went home when I was sent a video by text saying that my breaks were in good shape. About an hour later, I was contacted saying that my brakes needed to be replaced and this bothered me. The wish washy attitude and utter lack of consideration for their customers is really what upset me. On top of that I was told they should have my car fixed that same day but they’d let me know either way so I knew what to expect and could plan accordingly. No call back as I waited the rest of the day and even tried to call them without an answer. Called the next day for hours, still no answer.

Positive experiences buying 2 new cars

I bought a VW Golf GTI in 2008, and another this year (a 2019 model), and both experiences were pleasant and relaxing (certainly compared to any other car buying experience). They had several models in stock with stick shifts both times (almost impossible to find at any other VW dealers in NM), and one we selected (GTI with Autobahn package) is beyond any car I've ever owned. And the price we paid was a great price according to every online resource I've found. I can't speak about the service department because I live in Santa Fe.

Nick Walker is the best

Live in Henderson Nevada and purchase a used car from University Mazda Volkswagen on line, thank you Nick Walker for making this deal easy,Nick is the best!

HORRIBLE

I purchased a 2019 R-Line Jetta this time last year and it has been a terrible experience all around. After completing the deal, I was not given my account number so I had to go back THREE times to receive any sort of help. Each time I go in (which has been far more than I deem acceptable...) I am spoken down to, brushed off, and passed on to the corporate line. There is zero empathy, accountability, or regard for people's time WHATSOEVER. My car has been in the service department for over 2 weeks ( I had brought it in TWICE prior to this since the beginning of May) and I receive no knowledgeable answers. I was told I'd have it back on Monday (of LAST week) and since then I have been told there's nothing they can do, they're unsure what's wrong, and also unsure about when it'll be remedied. The only time I get some type of answer is when my boyfriend is there...when it's just me I get spoken to like I'm stupid. There has been multiple recalls and I am treated as if I'm a burden when I go to the service department, when I have had to come back 3 times for "minor issues" that always turn into a huge issue and what is "a running joke" in the service department. It has taken far too long for no resolution or even idea of what is wrong with my car... I will not now or ever recommend this dealership, don't waste your time!

Treated Well

We went to try out a Mazda Miata and realized it wasn’t comfortable for my wife or me. Was about to leave and noticed a VW Beetle convertible. Thought what the heck we’ll try it. Not bad overall and nicely priced. Wasn’t a Mini, which we liked, but turns out this dealership was the only one willing to take our unusual trade. However, after reading the reviews here we were leery on dealing with the folks at University. Not anymore though. They treated us to lunch while the car we chose went through final prep. Loan approval went quick and our salesmen Jeff and James as well as the Mazda and VW managers were great. Finance was low pressure and fast. Parts treated us great on our accessories. We haven’t interacted with service beyond meet and greet. After initial hiccup was resolved, the Costco pricing went off without a problem. Highly recommend.

Very Unsatisfied

If you are in the market for a new vehicle or are in need of service for your vw, I highly urge you to stay as far away from this dealership as possible. It’s a very long story, please feel free to pm me if you want all the details but they will rob you blind. The owner Bob is very good at side stepping the main issues from all the experience he has dealing with very unsatisfied customers like us. Very sub par results with the service leaving me with a total bill over $5k at this point at another repair shop. They also have the worst customer service in the industry. I am only happy that I can check vw off our car shopping list going forward. Worst car experience We will probably have our entire lives! Buyers Beware!!!

Poor service

I took my car in for the 75000 mile service, and to get the check engine light turned off. Original quote for service was less than $300 and would only take 2.5 hours. Was also told that mechanic would send a video link to keep me informed and updated. 4 hours later, no video update, but informed that car needs fuel filter, brake fluid and transmission fluid flush. Ok so now $824 and almost 7 hours, still no video update. Get car and on way home notice check engine light is still on. One of the points of servicing the car is getting the light turned off. Called to see when they can get it back in. Certainly not a priority for them. Asked to speak with a manager but still waiting. I wonder how much they will charge me to fix their oversight?

Best Car Purchase Experience

Best car purchasing experience ever. Both the sales department and service depart go beyond the call of duty to give customers a wonderful experience. University Volkswagen worked tirelessly to address my car repair needs. Charles Kimbell, along with the rest of the staff at University Volkswagen are a customer service focus dealership. The service department even top off my gas and wash my car. I really have come to enjoy getting to know the staff over time and I would not take my vehicle anywhere else. First experience: This Volkswagen dealership goes the extra mile repair and rectify even the most hard to diagnose issues.

No Problems Here

I am very happy with their service. You need to make an appointment because they are busy. But they don't tack on all kinds of extras. They have been very honest from my experience.