4.1 out of 5 (4.1) 815 reviews

815 lifetime reviews. Includes reviews of Herb Chambers Honda in Boston from DealerRater.com

• November 19, 2016

Once again the staff at Herb Chambers in Allston comes through with the best customer service for your automotive needs. I wrote a glowing review abou...t a 3months ago, praising the staff and the service for their great work and pleasant service. This season I returned to put on winter tires and get new breaks and new employee, David Ricard kept up the branches stellar reputation for great service at a fair price. I was able to get a full diagnostic, repair/replace and cleaning all in the aame afternoon with no hassle and no mistakes. Dave and the folks at Herb Chambers Allston care about quality customer service and repairs for your vehicle and I would recommend this dealership to friends for sure. So for your automotive needs look no further than Herb Chambers Allston on Commonwealth Avenue, take care !

Thank you, Andre! This is exactly the kind of feedback that we love to hear. It is our goal to offer top notch customer service to all of our guests. ...I'm so pleased our team was able to do exactly that. Thank you again and we look forward to working with you again in the future! Best, Nick Surdis, General Manager

July 6, 2018

Don’t never go there, they put lower prices on cars just to make you go there and then they tell you that car is just sold.

I apologize for your negative experience with us. I will speak with my team about this to ensure it does not happen again. Thank you.

June 6, 2018

Yesterday, we called at 9:15 am to see if a car listed on the website was available for test drive. Audrey said yes it is, we will have it available f...or you to drive when you arrive at 10 am. When we arrived we were told the car sold in those 40 minutes. The car is still listed on the website a day later, when I called again to ask if it is available to test drive, they confirmed it is still available, and asked what time I???d like to come in. Total waste of time.

Herb Chambers Honda in Boston

I apologize for this situation. The lack of communication between our team should not be occurring and I am sorry for wasting your time. I will be con...sulting with my team over this. Thank you.

May 29, 2018

Audrey really drove my business to this location. I visited many Honda dealership locations this pass year; However none made me feel as welcomed an...d supported as Audrey did! She is a great asset and I hope you appreciate her. She responded to every email I sent even the repetitive ones. She was well prepared with her feedback. Thank you Audrey!

Herb Chambers Honda in Boston

Happy to know that Audrey provided you with such great customer service. She really is a great asset to our team, she truly cares about the customers ...and wants to help them. I'll be sure to pass this along to her, she will be happy to read this! Best, Nick Surdis, General Manager.

May 28, 2018

This was one of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had. After numerous calls to get into the dealership to lease a new car, I made an ...appointment but the cars I wanted to test drive weren't available to drive with the specs I had wanted. After deciding on a car, I was told a pick update for the car. When I showed up on an agreed upon time, the sales manager I worked with wasn't there so I had to call his cell phone to find out I wasted a trip to the dealership and the car wasn't ready (even though 3 days before they called to say the car was ready). Turns out, the dealership made a mistake with the interior and tried to convince me to accept a car that was not the product we agreed upon because they didn't want to eat the cost of the car that they messed up on. After two weeks, I finally got the car that I wanted and while I love the car, the experience soured everything. Nick, the manager, was helpful and listened and tried to make things right but it was all a little too late at that point. The lack of process and communication at this dealership is easy to see and it's definitely not worth the headache.

Herb Chambers Honda in Boston

We appreciate you giving us your feedback, as this is definitely something we need to work on. Something like this should never happen, regardless of ...who is at fault. Again, we are truly sorry for the mistake that was made. We do wish to assist you in the future with anything you may need. Thank you- Nick Surdis, General Manager.

May 28, 2018

This was one of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had. After numerous calls from various managers to get me into the dealership to le...ase a new car, I made an appointment but the cars I wanted to test drive weren't available to drive with the specs I had mentioned when setting the appointment. After deciding on a car, I was told a pick update for the car. When I showed up on an agreed upon time, the sales manager I worked with wasn't there so I had to call his cell phone to find out I wasted a trip to the dealership and the car wasn't ready (even though 3 days before they called to say the car was ready). Turns out, the dealership made a mistake with the interior and tried to convince me to accept a car that was not the product we agreed upon because they didn't want to eat the cost of the car that they messed up on. After two weeks, I finally got the car that I wanted and while I love the car, the experience soured everything. The lack of process and communication at this dealership is easy to see and it's definitely not worth the headache.

May 17, 2018

Very disappointing experience with this dealer. Having established and confirmed an appointment with the "Internet Sales" person, and once... on-site...now only to have the car that we were interested in, has been sent to auction. Now they would like to present another car costing several thousand more in it's place. Poor communications at best, Classic Bate and Switch at the worst. Follow-up, cover-up call from a salesman just made it worse. Herb got into the Car business because he was trying to buy a new Cady at the time and didn't like the way he was treated. He said, "I know I can do better". Well Herb, you should carry that lesson to this location. Very disappointed in the experience... FYI, if you have a great meal or experience somewhere, you tell a few people. If you have a bad experience, you tell everyone you know...Poor form Herb, fix it...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with us. Lack of communication always leads to problems..., and I'm sorry this happened to you. I have alerted my general manager of what went on here. If you would like to discuss this, or anything else, further please feel free to contact Nick Surdis, General Manager- nsurdis@herbchambers.com. Thank you.

Employees Worked With
    Jose Yapul

Sales and Leasing Consultant

April 30, 2018

Thank you for your honesty and dedication while selling me my new car few weeks ago. The sale person who assisted me was Gerson Ruiz . He is friendly ...and patience in the whole process, and explains everything in detail on all the fees and taxes on the agreement. Everyone at Herb Chamber in Boston were very friendly and plesant to work with including the floor manager- Jose Yapul and Victor Olivares. They took their time to make sure the process was smoothly and better experience from start to finish. Keep up the team work in your organization. Well done!!

Herb Chambers Honda in Boston

Thank you so much for such great feedback! I am happy to know that our team was able to make your experience hassle-free and enjoyable. We thank you f...or your business and compliments on our team! Happy miles! Best, Nick Surdis, General Manager.

Employees Worked With
    Jose Yapul

Sales and Leasing Consultant

Victor Olivares

Sales & Leasing Consultant

April 3, 2018

Unethical and predatory sales tactics designed to take advantage of uninformed customers, unhelpful salespeople only interested in making the sale wit...hout offering any real help and giving misleading information, appalling service at their servicing center and no real interest in making their customers happy despite their superficial email they send afterward asking to provide positive reviews online. I bought a car from Herb Chamber Honda in Boston and was left very disappointed. In hindsight I should have left and not come back after my first visit. The two different sales people I worked with both employed aggressive and unethical sales practices trying to take advantage of me multiple times by initially providing overblown fee and car prices. The first fee estimate was 4 times higher than normal and the first quotes for the models I was interested was 60% higher than the normal. The salesperson wasn???t very helpful. He would flat out ignore my requested during the test drive to take the car on the highway and wasn???t able to answer any of my questions about the car. I sticked with them because I was well informed what the price should be so I was able to negotiate the price down, but while asking about financing I was mislead that I have to use their financing instead of using my bank (which now I know was a lie). When I was finally ready to sign, the car color I wanted wasn???t available anymore. I wanted to wait a week or two for the exact color, but the salesperson pressured me into buying the car that evening by saying that I can only get this deal if I get the car today. I though a different color would be fine, but I now I regret it. The next disappointment happened when picking up the car. The car was damaged on the side with a visible dent and a part of the door poorly repainted with a color that didn???t match exactly. This is something I feel like should have been caught by them immediately. It was fair of them to accept the fault and offer a free repair. Repairing the car wasn???t easy though. The first time I dropped it off, it sat at their parking lot the whole week. I called in and was told it was ready for pickup only to find out that it wasn???t touched at all. I had to bring it in the second time, when they finally fixed the damage, but very sloppily, at which point I was tired of dealing with them and just decided it was good enough. The customer service at their servicing center is appalling. I would have to call multiple times to find out the status of my car only to be told they would call back, which they would never do. After multiple calls I would finally get the information I needed. They would ask for feedback and offer full customer satisfaction, but after contacting them the only response I would get is that they really can???t do anything. Working for a retailer who values customer satisfaction and loyalty above everything else I find they strategy puzzling and shortsighted, especially selling something as expensive as cars. In me, they have earned a strong detractor who will never do business with them again. On an positive note, everyone I talked to was respectful and the general manager was very friendly, although completely uninterested in helping.

Herb Chambers Honda in Boston

I appreciate you giving us your feedback on your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the service you received, or lack of, I should say. Tha...t is certainly not the kind of customer service we strive for. I have alerted the General Manager, Nick Surdis, of this and we will be sure to get to the bottom of the lack of communication happening in our store. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

March 26, 2018

I purchased a car from Herb Chambers Honda Boston over a month ago. As part of the sale and the return of my lease I was promised a check for over $7...00. I was told I would receive if by the end of the week. Over a month later and countless calls to different sales managers and my salesman, I???m still sitting here empty handed. I???ve been constantly blown off and assured that the check was on the way only to find nothing in the mail. This has been by far the worst car buying experience of my life and would not recommend Herb Chambers Honda Boston to anyone.

Herb Chambers Honda in Boston

I regret to learn of this situation. My sincere apologies for this. I have alerted the general manager of this. I would like to encourage you to conta...ct him at your earliest convenience to get to the bottom of this. Nick Surdis, General Manager- nsurdis@herbchambers.com. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.