Skip to main content

Sunday Closed
(203) 816-6985 (203) 816-6985

3.6

Great Salesman - Rich O'loughlin

Used car salesman in general have a very bad rap - and for some, it is deservedly so! But, fortunately my experience at Blasius South was extremely positive because of the salesman, Rich O'laughlin. We were luck in that we knew exactly what we were looking for in a used Subaru and Rich had a number of years previously working for Subaru. So, he directed us and facilitated with a great SUV that has been a hit with my wife. Rich answer questions clealy, understood the car inside/out and was to move things along within the dealership with ease. We were lucky to have him as our sales person and have since then sent him several others who are interested in purchasing used cars. THANKS RICH!!

• Buying process 5.0
  • Quality of repair 4.0
  • Did make a purchase

The best car buying experience!

My husband and I went to Blasius South in Stratford in desperate need of a new car. My husbands car had broken down for the 3rd time in just a few months and we didn’t wanna waste anymore money on it. Mike D and Mike L were amazing! They found a great car for my husband; reliable, great condition and spacious for the car seats. We also still owed money on our old car and they helped us trade it in and work out an affordable deal. We are so grateful for Blasius South and how much they helped us! Thank you Mikey and Mike!

Unwilling to provide CarFax

I was treated nicely but the staff was a little short. Followed up later asking specifically for a CARFAX and not only was I turned down but the replies became intolerably rude. Tired to follow-up with some corporate entity but their ultimate reply was not acceptable. The car has been there for months now and I guess I know why. I expect common courtesy when making a large purchase and this is NOT the place to get it!

• Customer service 1.0

My great experience @ Blasius w/Vinny Barolli

From the moment I met with Vinny Barolli @ Blasius South in Stratford Ct . he treated me like family. Vinny was very easy going but attentive to my inquires as i proceeded to ask every question about many cars and test drive each one. It became very clear to me that no matter which car i chose , this man would be the person i purchased a vehicle with. He answered every question, no mater how small, as if it were the most important thing in the world. He also made sure that i got the best possible deal . From now on i will buy all my future vehicles @ Blasius South.. Great job Vinny.

Beware: inaccurate listings

Found a used car online (Jeep Wrangler) with all the features we wanted - called to verify they still had it. Yes. Drove four hours to see/but vehicle. Find out listing is “automated” based on VIN number and NOT checked against actual vehicle so for this Jeep, says it came with a soft top and back up camera - SEVERAL TIMES IN CAPTIAL LETTERS WITH LOTS OF EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!! But, no, it doesnt. Soft tops are $1200 used $1800 used and backup cameras are a few hundred. They said vehicle price was WITH those options so we figure they’d take a reasonable amount off asking price to meet us in the middle and make a sale? Maybe $1000 (off a $35k vehicle! Not a lot!) Nope. $500 max. Not flexible and frankly very unprofessional with their auto-posting without vertifing. Don’t waste your time. We shouldn’t have. Headed home. That’s 10 hours we won’t get back...

• Customer service
  • Did not make a purchase
1 person out of 1 found this review helpful. Did you?

Great Purchase Experience

Great group of guys down at Blasius. I’d recommend these guys anyday. Great lineup of trucks and just overall good dealership

3.0

Not willing to negotiate

I can't say that this is a good or bad place to buy a car because I never got that far. I saw a car online I was interested in,so I reached out to Blasius and they quickly contacted me. I told him I would buy the car but I can't make a big down payment. He gave me the number of the purchase price and I was OK with it.So I gave him my info and he got me approved for financing. He told me that I would have to get $1200 to put down. I responded that $500 was the best I could do. He called back and said $800 was the lowest possible down payment. I asked if he could negotiate the selling price to make it work.He said he'd check. Never called me back. I was ready willing and able to buy and this dealership let me walk over $300. But I did find another dealer that was willing to work with me.

• Customer service 3.0
  • Overall experience 3.0

Vangjel Barolli is FANTASTIC

We have been shopping around for quite sometime and even though we ended up purchasing new elsewhere; I was more than pleased with the level of service we received from Vangjel Barolli. He was diligent, patient and above all kind and courteous. Would recommend him to anyone looking for a great used car.

• Shopped for a new car

Very Happy

The team at Blasius South is AMAZING! Vinny has a non-pushy approach which was definitely a breath of fresh air since it took me some time to make a decision. He was understanding & very helpful.The process was painless & they even picked up my trade in from my house. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in the market for a car, they have a large selection & competitive prices. THANK YOU VINNY!!!!!

• Buying process 5.0
  • Quality of repair 5.0
  • Overall facilities 5.0

Why did I waste my time

They won?t even post my review they were so bad! The owner Bezmere ( or however you spell it ) sold the car from underneath one of his salesman! I want there three days to buy a Honda accord wanted to see it again Friday to see it after it was detailed again Saturday after they brought in a mechanic to do the safety check then got a phone call from Mike D and told me I can come get the car it went through the safety check I said OK went to go by the car took 20 minutes to get there and was told the car we?re sold!!!! Absolute unprofessionalism I feel bad for Vinny Who was very nice and so was the gentleman I called when I got home very angry because the car was sold when it was supposed to be held for me. Mike told me to tell other dealer of a car I was like tuna to go kick rocks! I guess The owner should go kick rocks!! I feel bad for anybody that has to go through what I went through with them. Instead of Blasius Oro it should be blasphemy auto never go again!

• Customer service 1.0
  • Buying process 1.0
  • Quality of repair 1.0
  • Overall facilities 1.0
Dealer response

We are truly sorry that this did not turn out the way you had expected. Our policy is that unless a deposit is placed on the vehicle, we will not reserve it indefinitely. We will hold vehicles for customers for 24 hours but beyond that there is always a chance it may be sold by another at the store unless there is a deposit. That said, it is certainly not in our best interests to have an unhappy customer and we sincerely regret the circumstances surrounding your experience.