2004 Acura Tl

TL is the car to own

by from Northern, VA on July 1, 2010

Before I bought the TL, I owned an Acura Legend. The Legend ended up with 195,000 miles and I was still able to sell it to a happy owner. Now with the newer TL (bought a used 2004), the upgrades are awesome and the power is crisp. Handling is also improved to more expensive style car. The used price was great for its value too. I have owned it for 6 months and love this car. It?s definitely a great buy.

Great car, terrific features

by from Minnesota on April 3, 2007

I'm a convert from BMW to Acura. The only thing I can say negative about this car is that it's front wheel drive, which isn't as fun for hard driving but is more practical for day-to-day. I've had my TL for nearly a year and I love it a little more each day. The TL is immeasurably more reliable than the BMW I traded 'down' from, and has more features! I've not had it in the shop yet for anything but routine maintenance.

Excellent value!

by from Chicago, IL on March 15, 2008

I bought a CPO 2004 recently and it's fantastic. Love the stereo and interior styling. Got the Camel leather seats and they are SHARP! Lot of great compliments, especially regarding the interior. Getting between 25-30 MPG with mixed and highway driving. Got 29 on a long trip after I purchased it. Best sound system I've heard in a vehicle and the blue lights are easy on the eyes. Plus you get the reliability of an Acura product and it's made in the USA!! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. Looked at the Volvo S60 and Audi A4. This TL has more interior space and HP than either. Plus the reliability is much better than the Europeans.

100% Satisfied. I LOVE my TL.

by from Dallas on December 8, 2007

I bought my TL used in March 2007 and I absolutely LOVE it. It is very responsive and fun to drive. Engine is quite quick. Also, I had Crank it Up car audio install a Clarion DVD Player (MAX675) with full IPod integration and the navigation as well (NAX970HD). I had several people tell me that it could not be done. I previously owned a 1995 Integra that I bought brand new. I was so happy with it, I stuck with Acura!

All around performer

by from Intercourse, PA on December 31, 2010

My 5th vehicle and the Acura TL does everything very well. Engine is strong when you need it but docile in everyday driving. The thing I like best about the TL is how it handles well for a full-size sedan, comfortable seats, and the clean exterior styling. Obviously, the reliability is also a huge plus. I have 70K miles on her now and not 1 single substantial repair. Do the maintenance these vehicles should hold together for 200K easily. I feel the Acura TL from this generation looks unlike any other Honda or Acura and dare I say it looks a bit Italianesque.. I enjoy mine!

Incredible bang for the buck

by from New York City on October 26, 2015

I've owned this 2004 TL since new and it has never needed one cent of repairs. The only complaint I ever had was the original Bridgestone tires, which had mediocre performance. I replaced them with Falkens, and now the car is close to perfect. It performs extremely well, it's comfortable, quiet and roomy. Some other luxury car makers have different versions (Base, Touring, Sport etc) and a long list of options, so the used car you buy might or might not have all the features you want. Acura took a different path. There was only one model (The Base) but it includes all the goodies that you would have gotten if you bought some other brands top model and lots of options. I remember the salesman asking whether I wanted the Navigation Screen or the Rear Spoiler. I said no but asked about the other options. He said "There are no other options. Everything else is included" So it has power-this, auto-that and heated everything else. For a used car buyer that saves a lot of work and frustration trying to pick the car that matches your needs. But mine's not for sale. Ever.

Best car for the money

by from Chicago on January 21, 2011

This is an amazing car. Beautiful inside out, very reliable, at a much better price than other luxury vehicles. It also maintains valu over time like no other. Best car I've ever had.

Love the 6 speed Manual- Very Quick

by from Portland, OR on November 30, 2010

The only one complaint that i have is the front wheel drive. This car would be so much better if it was all-wheel drive which i think Acura has added in more recent years. You'll love this car... :)

king of reliable

by from Savannah GA on April 25, 2015

i love this 04 Acura tl it is a great car i highly recommend this car because this car is so reliable,safe etc....... and right now this car has over 100k miles

Best car ever

by from Boston, MA on April 28, 2007

I have had an accord, which I liked a lot, and now the Acura TL. I absolutely love the Acura, the looks, the interior, the speaker system and the power is incredibly. I recommend this car to anyone without hesitation, you will not be dissapointed! Take this car for a test drive and I know that will seal the deal.

Our Expert Review: 2004 Acura Tl