Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2004 TL

2004 Acura TL

2004 Acura TL

4.5

Have You Driven the 2004 Acura TL?

TL is the car to own

by #1 Acura Fan from Northern, VA on Thu Jul 01 2010

Before I bought the TL, I owned an Acura Legend. The Legend ended up with 195,000 miles and I was still able to sell it to a happy owner. Now with the newer TL (bought a used 2004), the upgrades are awesome and the power is crisp. Handling is also improved to more expensive style car. The used price was great for its value too. I have owned it for 6 months and love this car. It?s definitely a great buy.

Great car, terrific features

by Happy owner from Minnesota on Tue Apr 03 2007

I'm a convert from BMW to Acura. The only thing I can say negative about this car is that it's front wheel drive, which isn't as fun for hard driving but is more practical for day-to-day. I've had my TL for nearly a year and I love it a little more each day. The TL is immeasurably more reliable than the BMW I traded 'down' from, and has more features! I've not had it in the shop yet for anything but routine maintenance.

Excellent value!

by SUV convert from Chicago, IL on Sat Mar 15 2008

I bought a CPO 2004 recently and it's fantastic. Love the stereo and interior styling. Got the Camel leather seats and they are SHARP! Lot of great compliments, especially regarding the interior. Getting between 25-30 MPG with mixed and highway driving. Got 29 on a long trip after I purchased it. Best sound system I've heard in a vehicle and the blue lights are easy on the eyes. Plus you get the reliability of an Acura product and it's made in the USA!! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. Looked at the Volvo S60 and Audi A4. This TL has more interior space and HP than either. Plus the reliability is much better than the Europeans.

All around performer

by HondaSpeed from Intercourse, PA on Fri Dec 31 2010

My 5th vehicle and the Acura TL does everything very well. Engine is strong when you need it but docile in everyday driving. The thing I like best about the TL is how it handles well for a full-size sedan, comfortable seats, and the clean exterior styling. Obviously, the reliability is also a huge plus. I have 70K miles on her now and not 1 single substantial repair. Do the maintenance these vehicles should hold together for 200K easily. I feel the Acura TL from this generation looks unlike any other Honda or Acura and dare I say it looks a bit Italianesque.. I enjoy mine!

king of reliable

by Justin from Savannah GA on Sat Apr 25 2015

i love this 04 Acura tl it is a great car i highly recommend this car because this car is so reliable,safe etc....... and right now this car has over 100k miles

Incredible bang for the buck

by Enthusiast from New York City on Mon Oct 26 2015

I've owned this 2004 TL since new and it has never needed one cent of repairs. The only complaint I ever had was the original Bridgestone tires, which had mediocre performance. I replaced them with Falkens, and now the car is close to perfect. It performs extremely well, it's comfortable, quiet and roomy. Some other luxury car makers have different versions (Base, Touring, Sport etc) and a long list of options, so the used car you buy might or might not have all the features you want. Acura took a different path. There was only one model (The Base) but it includes all the goodies that you would have gotten if you bought some other brands top model and lots of options. I remember the salesman asking whether I wanted the Navigation Screen or the Rear Spoiler. I said no but asked about the other options. He said "There are no other options. Everything else is included" So it has power-this, auto-that and heated everything else. For a used car buyer that saves a lot of work and frustration trying to pick the car that matches your needs. But mine's not for sale. Ever.

Best car for the money

by Flo from Chicago on Fri Jan 21 2011

This is an amazing car. Beautiful inside out, very reliable, at a much better price than other luxury vehicles. It also maintains valu over time like no other. Best car I've ever had.

100% Satisfied. I LOVE my TL.

by el scorcho from Dallas on Sat Dec 08 2007

I bought my TL used in March 2007 and I absolutely LOVE it. It is very responsive and fun to drive. Engine is quite quick. Also, I had Crank it Up car audio install a Clarion DVD Player (MAX675) with full IPod integration and the navigation as well (NAX970HD). I had several people tell me that it could not be done. I previously owned a 1995 Integra that I bought brand new. I was so happy with it, I stuck with Acura!

Great Car for Travel to Work & Back

by Yanna from Alabama on Wed Nov 20 2013

This car is my work car. It allows me to keep the miles down on my main car & have an enjoyable & stylish ride for my 70 miles round trip to work daily. I call her my LiL Tike!

Great Upgrade for our daughter

by BamaMom from Huntsville, AL on Tue Apr 04 2017

We were looking for an upgrade from our daughter's first car and she absolutely loves her Acura. From the look to the gas mileage, she has been thrilled with is so far.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2004 Acura TL

With the Honda Accord redone for '03, it was time for the remake of the Acura TL for '04 that's built off the same platform.

That means new styling, which moves from bland to less bland, though for a brief moment, we thought the young man working valet at the restaurant was going to require a defibrillator when his eyes made contact and he became enamored with the TL we drove up in. Difficult to account for taste.

Have to wonder what designers for the Acura luxury division of Honda must think when they see the creativity that went into a Ford Mustang or Dodge Viper or Chevy SSR--or even a Chrysler PT Cruiser.

But we digress.

The TL gets new dimensions along with new sheet metal. Though the industry... Read More