2019 TLX

3.9

Have You Driven the 2019 Acura TLX?

A sleeper

by ilovenola from New Orleans, Louisiana on Fri Dec 14 2018

Great car (v6-sh-awd-advance). Why do I prefer it to the German competition. 1. Great value. Has all the driver assist technologies at an unbeatable price. 2. The NA V-6 is extremely reliable and smooth. Why get a rougher 4-cylinder turbo from the German competition just for a 0.5 sec 0-60 advantage? On the highway, this car is so much smoother than the competition. The engine is a hallmark of Honda quality and rigorous testing. 3. No German car comes close to the SH-AWD torque vectoring system at this price. This alone is a huge safety advantage on wet roads. And on dry roads, canyon carving is a blast. 4. The ELS audio is fantastic. Reviews that say that the interior is dated. Maybe but it is fully functional. And the two screen layout can be easily mastered - no worries here. Cons: 1. The seats could rise a bit more to accommodate short drivers. 2. The acuralink people are clueless. Their website is full of glitches.

Best price for a luxury car!

by MissaTLX from Covina, CA on Mon Nov 05 2018

This is my second car I’ve owned. I purchased the 2019 Acura TLX 4 cyl and I LOVE IT! It meets all my needs: applecarplay, leather seats, moonroof, etc. I also love the exterior and interior design. The car has power and I go from 0-60 quickly! The base model is perfect for me and not overpriced and comes with a lot of awesome features. German cars and lexus are overrated and people buy them for the name. This car has a way smoother ride than Lexus, that’s for sure. It has the smoothness of a Mercedes. I can’t compare other luxury cars since I haven’t driven them but all I know is that I’m happy for the price I got it for for all that it has.

Love my new Acura TLX

by chebel from Leander, TX on Thu Dec 06 2018

I love the Acura TLX because it's sporty yet comfortable. The interior lightening is so cool, love getting in my new car everyday! I would highly recommend this car!

Absolutely love this car

by celested from Kansas city, MO on Fri Oct 05 2018

I have a 2019 Acura TLX Aspec 3.5 L V6 and I love everything about it. The color is gorgeous on the outside (still night pearl) and inside (red). Its very comfortable and has a good performance, especially when you put it in Sport + mode. I definitely recommend this car to anyone who's interested in an affordable luxury sports car.

Love everything about this car

by Loyal Acura Owner from Franklin, MA on Thu Jun 27 2019

I am a long-time Acura owner. My husband recently took over my 2009 Acura RDX. Previously I had a TL so I was interested in getting back to a car and purchased a 2019 TLX with tech package. The car is awesome in every respect. It feels solid and quiet and fast and comfortable. it is taking a little adjustment to get used to push button gear shifting. It’s just different!

Smoothest drive I ever had!!!

by Dani Jacks from Cleveland, OH on Mon Dec 17 2018

This base model is the top model in most brands. Acura has truly out done themselves. I’ve never considered buying a car but after my lease is up it’s definitely at the tip of my consideration. Plus most of my family has this same Acura and this is why I choose it.

Loyal Acura user

by AJ from Baltimore, MD on Tue Sep 17 2019

I have only owned it for a week...so far so good. I bought a car after nearly 14 years! My 2002 Acura TL still runs smoothly, but thought it was time for a new one. After some research comparing various brands in my price range, I still ended up settling on the 2019 Acura TLX SH-AWD with Tech package...had only 5K miles on it! I was half-tempted to go for a BMW, but considering the total cost of ownership, I felt the Acura was still the best value for money without any compromise on quality, performance and reliability. I really like the tech features and road handling so far! It has a smooth acceleration and the sport+ mode gives a zippy feel, and you get to see the SH-AWD in full force.

Powerful

by TLX Love from Herndon on Tue Sep 11 2018

Great power, ready to go when I am. Zero to 60 very quickly, smoothly, a sturdy and solid car. Great color and interior features, plenty of leg room.

by Acura Fan from Mountain View, CA on Sat Nov 16 2019

I currently own an Acura TLX SH-AWD and this is my second Acura. Previously I owned an ILX. I love the upgrade, the exterior and the interior of the car. The v6 engine’s performance is great and the technologies that comes with the base package is way sufficient than to purchase additional ones. Overall I am very happy with my car. I will definitely recommend this car to my friends and family.

Value for your money!

by Joe Joe from Montreal, Quebec on Thu Mar 14 2019

Affordable, reliable, all wheel drive 290 hp engine is very smooth. It has as many features as the more expensive cars. Styling is subtle yet attractive. Good Value!

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2019 Acura TLX

The verdict:

Refreshed for 2018, the Acura TLX sedan remains a strong value choice in a large class.

Versus the competition:

Luxury sedan shoppers with a $40,000 budget have enough choices to fill a Cheesecake Factory menu, and though the TLX can’t go blow-for-blow against the best of them for performance or quality, it thumps most of them in value.

Now in the fourth model year of its current generation, the 2018 TLX gets a slew of visual updates and a reworked multimedia system. Drivetrains carry over, with a four-cylinder or V-6 engine available with front-wheel drive. All-wheel drive can also be had with the V-6, as can an A-Spec performance package — a $2,900 option that’s new for 2018. We drove a V-6 TLX AWD in regular and A-Spec form at a Kentucky media preview (Cars.com pays for its travel and lodging for such automaker-held events).

Quickish

The TLX’s engines — a 2.4-liter four-cylinder and 3.5-liter V-6 — boast direct injection but not the turbochargers that are ubiquitous among competing sports sedans. We’ve driven the... Read More