2016 Cadillac XTS consumer reviews

$45,295 starting MSRP
side view of 2016 XTS Cadillac
Explore the 2016 Cadillac XTS
Shop the 2016 Cadillac XTS

Best new car Ive owned so far !

This 2016 Cadillac XTS Platinum has all the options and features that I want and even more that I really enjoy! The best luxury car I have ever owned ! I especially love the radar controlled Adaptive Cruise Control which automatically matches the speed of the vehicle in front of you and maintains the proper gap or distance from the vehicle in front of you. Great safety feature !

American Luxury Sedan

Having driven in the past fifteen years 7 Lincolns (2 LS, 1 Town Car and 4 MKS Eco-Boost) I was of course interested to know whether Cadillac is just the "competition" or whether it really provides substantive foundation to the popular adage "The Cadillac Package". Recently I bought a 2016 Cadillac XTS Premium package loaded. I didn't opt for the Platinum because I would have had to get a moon roof which I did not want. I also wanted the Kona brown interior which for some reason isn't available on the pricier models. I went for FWD primarily for the savings (the AWD comes with the bigger engine) but also because I don't drive in snow. Bottom line: the Caddy is great! In a week of fairly steady driving I have adjusted to the standard, less powerful engine (the MKS Eco-Boost really did move, no question). The standard Caddy engine is however perfectly satisfactory for a large sedan and perhaps even more stately with its moderate inertia. Frankly I always felt like a bit of a hoodlum outrunning those petulant BMWs coming from behind on the freeway filter lanes. The Caddy is very quiet (as was the MKS); strong, balanced stance; good traction; great sound system; everything works as it is supposed to; no rattles; uses regular fuel; locks automatically when you walk away with the key in your pocket; the exterior lights announce the car; the door handles feel terrific; the seats with the 32-way adjustments are perfectly accommodating; the CUE system is more convenient than the Sync system by Ford (though admittedly it took some time - a week - to familiarize myself, but that's true of any new computer); it doesn't suffer the blight of the MKS being a souped-up Taurus; the outside mirrors can fold electronically (will never know why MKS never did that!); and - here's the real big deal for me - Head Up Display (HUD) which thankfully eliminates having to search for one's speed (and other info such as current direction and radio station, even RPMs). Of course in keeping with the further adage that "You get what you pay for", even though the MKS was great value, if I am to be blunt, the Caddy - though more costly - is worth it. There are almost imperceptible - though very palpable - elements of higher quality in the Caddy. As far as I'm concerned, I'm sticking with Cadillac in the future.