2005 Cavalier

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier

$998 - $5,650  MSRP Range
2005 Chevrolet Cavalier

4.0

Have you driven the 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier?

Best car I've ever owned

by grandmama from Central North Carolina on Tue Oct 09 2012

I was told this was the worst car. I bought mine 6 1/2 years ago and have had no problems, just the usual check-ups and minor adjustments. I am sorry these cars are no longer made. My granddaughter has a 2001 model and she, too was told it wasn't a good car. She's had hers for 8 years with no problems.

Caveyy

by Cavv from Leeport, PA on Wed Dec 28 2011

I just bought a 2005 Chevy Cavalier and this car is amazing! I used to own a Dodge Dakota. That thing was the biggest gas hog! I love the Cavalier's design. This car is beyond reliable and overall pretty comfortable. If the seats get old they tend to get uncomfortable but mines new so I don't have this problem yet. This car is great for commuting or road trips. It may be small, but you can fit a lot in it. I highly recommend a Cavalier with power locks/windows/ etc. Overall, this car runs clean and smooth, no problems. Wish they still made them!

Great vehicle

by pedaltothemetal from Swan Hills, Alberta,Canada on Tue Apr 19 2016

I'm 67 yrs young..bought my 2003 new with only 5 km's on it......today it has 296,000 km's on it......amazing car......only had to replace the fuel pump in 2015.......I am a "rockin' grandma" n' no slump behind the wheel!! Would recommend these cars 100%.

Reliable Car

by 2005 Cavalier Owner from Houston, TX on Wed Nov 14 2007

I've owned a Cavalier 2005 Manual and it has given me very good service. Its fast and gives me good gas millage. It fits 4 with comfortable and has good cargo space. I think is a very good value for the price.

2005 Chevy Cavalier

by pattycake59 from Claremore, Ok on Sun Jul 19 2015

I bought my car in 2005 and I love it. It has 195,000 miles on it. It has been so good to me. I had a few problems with it but not bad. This car is the best car I ever owned. It is 10 years old and I love it. After all these miles I put on it, Now it is having a bit more problems. I do not want to get rid of it. I love this car. It is the best car ever made, as far as I am concerned. I wish they still made them. I would up grade.. Thanks Chevy for making a great car. I love mine.

feel the test of sport car

by Cavalier expert from skokie , IL on Mon Nov 19 2012

I have the 1996 model , and i tested the 2004-2005 in few occasion , and i felt like i am driving sport car, 2004 is lighter in weight, and has more horsepower with 2.4 liter. if you want to feel you are driving chevy bel air buy the 1996, but if you like to feel more sportier go with 2004- 2005. the future of this car will be like the future of muscle cars of the 50s and 60s if you take care of it and do the regular oil change in time it will last for 200000 miles

Beyond reliable, Cosmetically Damaged

by S.McGee from Georgia on Fri Jun 23 2017

I LOVE THIS CAR. I have owned 2 overall. I had a 2000 Cavalier coup and drove it until i broke it. I currently have a 2005 Cavalier 4 door. She is super reliable and pretty durable. Unfortunately, this isnt a car you buy because you think it's pretty. We got it used from someone we knew for 800 bucks with 103,000 miles and it has given us value 10 times what we paid. Though cavalier seemed to do a poor job with the exterior paint with all cavs I've owned or seen driven, I will only trade her if i have no choice or if I have the opportunity to get a hatchback crossover for my growing Fam Bam. The ones that I've seen spared the fadding chipping paint job are garage kept ones or ones that were not subject to the elements. Mine has been in Snow (dealing with salt), on the Coast (dealing with salt water), and in the hot hot southern sun. Super Reliable? YES. Care for her and she wont let you down! Is she the not so pretty best friend? Unfortunately yes, but with her, It's all about financial quality not fancy quantity.

First new car

by There and back again from Ontario on Fri Jun 12 2015

After having driven used cars for the first twenty-five years I finally bought a new car--the 2005 Chevy Cavalier. It has served me well with only a few minor failures such as the speed control and the fuel gauge is messed up after someone rear-ended me (she hit a patch of ice that I had hit moments earlier) with no visible damage except the gauge has never worked since (2013). I've driven the car and pretty much neglect to follow the owner's manual recommendations (after the expiration of the warranty period which was 3 years). It has rarely, if ever, failed to start and the oxygen sensor was probably the biggest replacement part/job I ever had to have done.

same as Toyota Cavalier

by Abo AL Chevy from Niles , IL on Sat Jul 25 2015

I Have 1996 cavalier , I bought it in 2004 still strong recently I knew, the same model sold in Japan as Toyota Cavalier, and this is a good indicator , equal to corolla !! what a nice car

Great First Car

by RR from on Thu Feb 06 2014

This was my first car three years ago. I love it and have had no issues with the car's functionality. I do have regular maintenance (oil, tires, check ups etc) on it as any good car owner should get. I have never once had an issue with it despite being a teenager who likes to push the car to the limit. I have the base model though so it has no power windows, locks, etc. I also like that there are 5 cup holders in the car, but the two front ones end up blocking off controls for AC. Overall I highly recommend this car, but to test drive before buying. It is a small car, and as a tall teen who barely fits in it, ... well just test it and find out. Also go with power locks and windows. Crank windows just don't do the car justice.

1 2 3