2016 Colorado

2016 Chevrolet Colorado

2016 Chevrolet Colorado

4.3

Have You Driven the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado?

Best truck I've ever owned!!

by Kb from on Tue Dec 20 2016

This truck gets me up a mountain to get to my hunting spots and is a smooth ride during the work week. Technology on this inside is great and styling on the outside is excellent. I feel like I got a lot of features as functionality for the price. I have owned 2 tacomas, but the new colorado is the best truck I've had.

Great truck

by Trucklovinmomma from Albion, IN on Sat Dec 05 2015

I love my new Colorado! I've always been a truck person, even though I also have a 2006 Monte Carlo, and this truck doesn't disappoint. I've only had it for almost 3 weeks, but I am totally pleased with it. Just roomy enough for comfort, but not too huge with wasted space. Acceleration is a little lacking, but I am comparing this to my car that has basically the same engine and weighs less. The technology is freakishly amazing and being as I live in the midwest, the My Link remote start is a huge blessing already, even though we have had above normal temps so far. I work in a large office building on the 2nd floor and being able to start my truck and having it nice and warm by the time I walk down the stairs and get in is awesome. The beautiful, beefy appearance is what got me interested in the Colorado to begin with. I drive by a Chevy dealer to and from work every day and I checked her out on a daily basis. I got the LT model in black and after 3 weeks I couldn't be happier with it. My BF is actually thinking about getting one for his next vehicle since I finally let him drive it after a week! He really likes it. The only thing I can't understand is why these "mid-sized" trucks cost just as much as a full-size Silverado. I even asked the dealer that question and he was honest and could not explain it other than to say it's a "niche" vehicle and people who love them are willing to pay the price. You won't be sorry if you decide this is your new truck!!

downshift problem

by otto from greeneville tn on Wed Jul 18 2018

If i were buying again i would buy the 4 cyl. From day one my v6 has a shifting problem when driving 25 to 45 before it will downshift it will start jerking before going the lower gear. Dealer will do nothing about it. 12000 mile now Friend has one the same problem.....

Does not recommend this car!!

Very pleased with my purchase

by Victor One from Michigan on Sat Dec 10 2016

I purchased my Colorado LT (V6) in late May of this year to replace a 2004 Dakota. At this time (December) it just turned 10,000 miles. My combined average mileage is just a hair under 20 mpg which I am happy with. The best my Dakota did was about 19 hwy, 14 or so in town. The Colorado gives a smooth, solid ride and much more quiet then the Dakota. Shifting is smooth, plenty of power to spare and and the vehicle seems to hold the road very well. The interior is good, although hard to keep the seats clean. The storage compartments in the doors are low and narrow and difficult to access but will do. The Iphone connectivity works well and very convenient. I did not opt for the OnStar package after the free subscription ran out. Great truck, fair price. Would do it again.

Worst vehicle I’ve ever owned

by Brittani Peach from Midland, Texas on Mon Nov 04 2019

I bought a 2016 Chevrolet Colorado in 2019. Bought it with 50,000 one owner, two days after I bought it the screen went black, I got it to come back after doing some research. There are a lot of videos with this same problem ranging in different Chevrolet models. I’ve owned the vehicle for 6 months now and it’s died 4 times while driving down the road ( another problem I’ve seen people report on all over the internet ) This is serious and could cause injury! It’s throwing no codes and the touch screen went out again and will not come back on after I have tried different ways to get it back on. The gas mileage is horrible, mine is averaging 14 to 19 mpg average. There is a lot of lag during acceleration. I’ve contacted GM about these problems and all they were willing to do is email the problem to the local dealership! There are no recalls on this as well. I made the mistake by not researching this truck before I bought it, please don’t do the same! I will be trading this truck in because I am not risking the truck dying while pulling out into an intersection. I have had the truck hooked up to a code reader and is throwing no codes, I had a GM employee test drive the truck regarding the engine and they ensured me that if anything were wrong it would show a light. I’m super disappointed in this truck I’ve wanted one for a long time and I will be trading it in for a Tacoma.

Does not recommend this car!!

A truck that drives like a car!

by Paul B. from Clive on Wed Mar 20 2019

I have a Chevy Red 2016 Colorado LT Crew Cab and it always turns heads. My wife says it is too big for her to drive but, she loves riding in it. Originally, I thought the front seats were too small but, I got used to them quickly. I use it as a daily driver for my real estate business and has a great turning radius making it easy to park. It averages about 19.5 MPG around town and as high as 29 MPG on the highway depending on how I drive. After 26,000 miles I have not had any issues with it.

Base Model Offers Extreme Value

by Jonathan K. from Lahaina, HI on Tue Sep 10 2019

This is a Base Model Extended Cab Chevy Colorado with an Inline Four Cylinder 6 speed manual transmission 2.5 Liter gas engine. I paid MSRP $20,995 in September 2015 for a 2016 model. 4 years later it has proved to be a very reliable, well made truck that I am very pleased with. There were two minor factory recalls very early on: One for the hood latch and one for a possible crack in an a.c. hose. Both were addressed by the dealer at no charge. The hood latch was strengthened and no crack was found in the a.c. I live in Hawaii and the a.c. has never been turned off and the heater has never been used. After 4 years of constant a.c. use it continues to blow cold like new. The Base Model has electric door locks, windows, forward and back seat adjustment and rear-view camera. The extended cab has a half door with storage space but no seating. It has a full size bed. It consistently gets 22 mpg city and 27 highway, exactly what was posted on the sticker, if memory serves. At 30,000 miles the battery needed to be replaced. The I4 2.5L engine is not quick off the line and must be gently shifted through it's gears until up to speed, at which point it performs comparable to all other vehicles on the road. It has been economic to maintain, needing only oil and filter changes when appropriate.

Very reliable truck

by Philly airport mechanic from MOORESTOWN ,New Jersey on Sat Nov 23 2019

2016 Colorado Z71 ext cab,2.5 engine,4x4,So far so good, Very fuel efficient and smooth riding,it's perfect for me 53 years old, not a led foot

This truck is a 2016 but it looks brand new.

by Jon Beyer from Corpus Christi, TX on Sun Jan 07 2018

Truck is perfect, looks new(2016) and drives gr8. Clean interior and engine looks brand new. Lots of features and very comfy. Was never pressured and sales person Scott Robbins knew just about every detail in my truck. Bought it, love it and no regrets. Great dealership with truly nice and friendly employees...A+++

Love my truck !!!

by Go Hokies !!! from Salem, VA on Mon Aug 27 2018

This truck meets all my needs. It allows for four to ride comfortably and allows me to haul anything I need. With four wheel drive I never worry about getting around town in winter time too.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15

Our Take on the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado

With the addition of the powerful, efficient, beautifully integrated Duramax diesel powertrain, the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado becomes quite possibly the world’s perfect pickup truck.

The 2015 Chevrolet Colorado won our Best Pickup of 2015 award, and deservedly so — it’s a fantastic combination of big-truck ability, useful interior technology and decent fuel economy all wrapped up in a reasonably sized rig that’s easy to park. When Chevrolet said that it was going to offer a four-cylinder diesel engine a year after the truck’s introduction, we couldn’t wait to get our hands on it (compare the diesel 2016 model with the top gasoline 2015 truck here, and see our evaluation of... Read More