2016 Chevrolet Colorado consumer reviews

side view of 2016 Colorado Chevrolet
Explore the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado
Shop the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado
1.9

Boo Unsafe, unreliable, over priced piece of junk.

I had my truck in the shop 28 days already that's both times in August and September. The stabilitrack light, t/c light and engine light came on. Then as I was driving across the bridge it went into limp mode reducing my speed to 45 as traffic was flying past me. I couldn't pull over anywhere. Sent the truck into be fixed it came out sounding and acting worse than before it went in. Sent it straight back and the 2nd time I at least got a rental car but my truck sounded worse when they started it and squealed. Windshield cracked hood scraped, money missing out of glove box and grease all over door. No oil in the truck. The truck is not any better and sent to a new auto shop but now the parts on national back order and with my extended warranty that was completely misinformed of the coverage and second warranty that was charged. They have no idea when the rear Knox 2 sensor will be even made. Not one in the USA is what I am being told. So I am very disappointed also besides I'm disabled and can't get anywhere but I think that the tow package is a joke. I can't haul my camper the dealership promised and sure couldn't get out of a wet paper sack if my life depended on this truck for anything.

2.1

Worst.

My Chevy Colorado was great for the first 33 days. I have on five different trucks I’ve never owned a Ford truck. But now that I seen the indifference that the manufacture puts out to a customer is beyond belief. My windows doesn’t go up/down properly. My dashboard lights will intermittently go off & will stay off for days. My Chevy link sometimes works properly. Please stay away from this Cheney model

My new ride!!

So far, REALLY enjoying all the fun gadgets this truck has. Pretty attached to the Ford Sport trac , but this might be my new baby!

Very reliable

very pleased! It handles very nice, and it's really comfortable! We haven't had a chance to take it long distance yet to see how good the gas mileage yet, but plan to do that next weekend!

Love my used new truck

Comfortable front seat. Handles well. Great option package. Good gas mileage. The ride is as expected for a small truck. Good power under the hood.

3.9

Not very reliable

I have only owned trucks my whole life and this one has cost me more in maintenance $ than any other I have had. Fixing issues that I have never had to deal with in my past and would only expect to if I was buying a beater for my kids. I bought this brand new and have had many problems with it. I love the looks, drives great, feels great but I have had to go to mechanics more than ever. I do not believe I will be buying Chevy again after this experience.

4.0

Not a new vehicle, but good enough for my budget

I've been looking for a small truck, I live out in the country, needed something rugged but a nice looking truck. Nice color, roomy and clean

Large enough to be a truck, yet fit in garage

Met all our needs, Apple Carplay, Bluetooth, 4WD, remote start, 7000lb towing capacity, and still fits in the garage. All of that and very attractive truck as well.

3.7

I would love this truck if the electronics worked

This truck handles good, pulls my boat, and looks good. The reason I was interested in it was the backup camera and GPS (nav) system only to find with only 7000 miles on it that the screen went black and chevy does not do anything about it except charge to replace with the same unit.

2.9

Poor Engineering

Great looks in and out. Good has mileage. Poor performance. Engineered for high gas mileage, shifting into higher gears too soon. Causing valve chatter and end result blown engine. Only has 19k miles. If you live in flat lands of Kansas or Missouri you will probably never see the problem. If you live in hilly Pennsylvania, DO NOT BUY. I have 2011 Ford Ranger, runs much better and more reliable. Always was a Ford Ranger man but won the Colorado in casino. Would never buy a Chevy truck from this experience. Buy the Ford Ranger.