2013 Cruze

2013 Chevrolet Cruze

2013 Chevrolet Cruze

4.2

Have You Driven the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze?

Love it

by ECOCruze from North Carolina on Thu Aug 29 2013

I leased a 2012 Cruze LT. I loved it. I commute 45 miles round trip each day. I averaged 32-35 mpg. The color choice and interior choice were the best selection amongst all of the Cruze's peers. I had the unfortunate experience to test the airbags. My first collision ever, I went off the road in terrible weather. I impacted a concrete culvert at 40mph head on. All airbags went off. My little girl and I walked away without a scratch. I went back to the same dealership and replaced the LT with the ECO. Hands down, the ECO is twice as good. I average about 42 mpg. The interior black is sporty and the features are amazing...1 touch power windows, touchscreen center console, hands free Bluetooth, sporty chrome rims, etc, etc. It's an elegant/professional car with the budget in mind. My wife drives the Honda Civic drives the fully loaded Honda Civic. This car beats it in everyway...style, gas mileage and performance. I have a manual 6-speed by choice. I'll take a manual for performance and gas mileage over an automatic everytime.

Best performance econ value

by Vette Man from South Jersey on Wed Oct 30 2013

I have 8K on my Cruze. No problems. I drove the automatic and didn't like the engine noise and constant gear searching. I drive manual trans. so I opted for the 6 speed manual. So far I love this car. I have the 1.4 turbo. With two people in the car the performance is great. With four people you can feel the difference. The cruze handles very well. It corners well and it is rock solid at 80 mph. I just took a 1300 mi. freeway trip. Going 70 to 75 mph, I averaged about 40 mpg. I wish the 6th gear was taller. The shift up light comes on at 40 mph, telling you to go into 6th gear. Usually sixth is for 50 and up. I believe the cruze eco has a better highway gear ratio. I would have gotten the ECO if I had realized that before. Overall great car. I would check out the new diesel Cruze!!

very comfortable

by the ohio car from nw ohio on Fri Jan 25 2013

We were drawn to the Cruze initially because so much of it is built and assembled in our state of Ohio. The Fords,Chryslers and others Mexico and overseas. We only have 2500 miles or so, but recently drove 6 1/2 hours each way to see a friend with three adult in the car. Everyone was quite comfortable, even a full grown man in the back seat. I drove the entire trip, and after a few miles getting used to the smaller car and quick handling, (I drive a Z71 4x4 p/u), it drove and handled very easily and again, was quite comfortable.

Pretty good car

by Love my cruze from California on Mon Dec 30 2013

I had just graduated college and was looking at many models. I had been to car dealerships and so many of the dealers had been very pushy. No one wants a pushy dealer. I had went to my local chevy dealership and the dealer wasn't pushy at all. I fell in love with the cruze. The style and how it drove. Pretty good gas mileage. City mileage isn't as good as freeway. But overall an amazing car.

Chevy Cuz'in

by bruce & bren from South of Canton , Ohio on Mon May 14 2018

C'mon and take a ride in my rambler... ( Ok, I just like to talk, haha) I love my Cruz. It has been reliable and has great gas mileage. It's got enough 'pick up' for me... It's not a super fast car but I wasn't looking for that. It goes the speed limit and if I am not careful or using the 'Cruz :) Control' I will find myself going a lil faster than I intended. I have the oil changed on the regular ( dad is an ex mechanic) as dad preached..." that's what will keep your car running for years to come... " , it's without question the best car advice he gave me. It's 5 years since my purchase and I have to say... still runs like a brand new car and with the gas prices going up AGAIN here in the summer coming in 2018.... I'll take my "paying less than you at the pump Cruz" and head on over to Starbucks for that Frap with my change. Love love love my Chevy Cruz! And you can take that to the bank! "Oh yeah, I did!" You should too. ;)

Great value!

by Pat from ROC from Rochester, New York on Sat Dec 19 2015

I purchased this car to take the place of a GMC SUV. I was looking for something a little more ECO friendly, and still stylish. The Chevy Cruze has met or exceeded all of my expectations! Great gas mileage-even in the city, has some pep for a 4 cylinder and is comfortable-even for a guy whose 6'2''. It's a sporty little car that drives extremely well for a compact car...I really enjoy it!

The Family & Work Car

by The Cruzer from San Antonio, TX on Mon Oct 21 2013

This past Saturday, my wife and I test drove a 2014 Cruze with the 1.8L. Not bad power and giddy-up, but having the word "Turbo" attached to the engine is more me! Today, I hit the only dealer that cars.com listed the 13's in San Antonio. Initially, I went just to look, get some numbers and go from there. Instead I walked away with the PERFECT car. It is a God-Send. If your reading this and considering, may I suggest $3K in rebates until 10/31/13 from GM on this car. I took my motorcycle to the dealership during lunch to check out the car and I had to leave it there because my wife does not have her cycle endorsement. Three (3) trips from my house to the dealership (25.6 miles by Google Maps) and the to dinner (round trip of 30 miles) and I still more than 3/4 tank left in the car!! That's insane!! 46-50 MPG at 60 mph WITH THE A/C ON!! (It was mid 90's here today Oct 21, 2013) The car started with 24 ish miles on it. As of writing this, I am up to 161, lol. I cannot speak about reliability, but I have no doubt this will be a true performer!!

Planning on Another!

by BrittSA from Billerica, MA on Mon Oct 24 2016

This car is awesome. I bought this as my first car, I got a 2013 in 2016 and it still runs great. I have never had a problem with it, the seats are very comfortable, I have back problems so that was a big one for me. It drives very smooth, better then any other car I have drove. I have the LT which is one model up from the LS and one model down from the LTZ. It has a large screen radio with Navigation, XM Radio, Weather, Aux, and more I haven't even explored yet. Its also great on gas. I put in 20-25 dollars to fill and it will last me and week or week and a half depending on how much I drive which is usually a lot. Overall, this is a great car for the money. I got mine for $9,000 which is great for a car of its year.

Best car I ever owned.

by Dodie from wisconsin on Sun Apr 07 2013

I love this car. I use to drive a chey trailblazer and didn't think I would like a small car, but i LOVE it.

Big step forward, needs more refining

by Tom F. from Troy Michigan on Tue Jun 24 2014

I will say that the Cruze is a major step forward for GM in terms of delivering a quality car. The exterior styling to me looks great, chiseled, clean and slightly athletic. It's the ONLY GM Car that I think looks good from the back and in fact it looks great with those classy taillights and shoulder lines running down the sides of the car. Mine is a 2LT with the RS package so that helps quite a bit in the looks department without seeming too "boy racer". Performance, well I wish it had some more power than it does because it can be little doggy at times with my stick but only if you get caught in the wrong gear. The gas mileage is pretty good, my average 50/50 city highway is 30mpg on premium during summer and 27-28mpg winter. Speaking of that the stability control, ABS and traction control impressed me with how well they assist. Comfort: my leather seats are too hard, make my leg go numb on longer trips and my wife says the side bolsters on the lower portion are too narrow for her hips(average weight). The heated seats are much too hot on the butt and not warm enough on the back. I'd much rather have my back eased than get hemmoriids. The interior looks great but needs more storage areas. A sunglass compartment up top would fit I think and a little cubby under the heater controls would be every welcome for my phone and wallet. The A/C and Heat both work great although on fan speed 1 the bearing is starting to squeak after only 30k miles on the car. The pioneer sound system sounds pretty good for stock although incredibly biased to the front soundstage which is kinda annoying. I REALLY appreciate having physical radio buttons in addition to my touchscreen for the My Link Radio. I use the touchscreen occasionally when more convenient but not having physical button in a car would be a non-selling point for me. The steering wheel buttons are also very nice although I wish the scroll wheel would be for seek instead of scroll through favorites. It does have fairly decent blinds spots as well which I'm ok with since it's for more structural safety. Because of this however, I think the blind spot indicators on the mirrors should come standard. As far as reliability it's been pretty good. I think there is room to improve there as well because I've had it in to the dealer for small things here and there which were fixed under the 36000 mile bumper to bumper. Overall I would say its a handsome car with lots of creature comforts. Drives better than anything that came before it at GM and is still enjoyable to own 2 years after I bought it. The great gas mileage is also very pleasing.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21

Our Take on the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze

Compact cars are usually more pragmatic than pleasurable, but the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze Eco is an exception to the rule.

Yes, even on family-car duty for a week, and again for an additional week while my family was on vacation, we were quite comfortable in the Cruze Eco, a high-mileage trim that uses lightweight wheels with low-rolling-resistance tires, different gearing and aerodynamic treatments to achieve higher gas mileage than the other Cruze trims. Its great gas mileage made all of my errand-running a lot less painful when it was time to fill up at the gas pump; this car stayed true to the fuel-economy numbers on the sticker. The trunk handled our stroller and kid gear just as well as it handled... Read More