2011 Impala

2011 Chevrolet Impala

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2011 Chevrolet Impala?

Great car for the money.

by I teach Cat. from Miami, FL on Mon Jan 23 2012

I am very happy with my 2011 Chevy Impala LTZ. The Fuel economy on the E85 is what I was looking for. My other car is a 2009 Chevy Impala SS. Keep up the good work Chevy. I will buy America all the time.

Better than I thought

by mikeyb from Cincinnati Ohio on Tue Mar 01 2011

Although I've only had my Impala for a little over a month it has impressed me both in styling and per-formance.My first tankful of gas averaged 22 mpg and by the 4th tankful it was up to 24.5 mpg.I do about 70 percent highway and 30 percent city driving on a daily basis.So far I would definitely recommend it to someone looking for a nice family sedan.

Great family car

by Comfort riding at it's best from Ithaca on Sun Feb 06 2011

I buy a new car every 3 years and I just bought my 4th Impala LT. Impalas are extremely reliable, at an affordable price. The performance and design, in my opinion are second to none. I can't say enough about the Chevrolet Impala.

Really Glad I bought one

by Redvette1 from Milwaukee, Wis on Wed May 04 2011

What got me interested was the bad review the Impala got from Consumers Reports. I wondered if this car was as bad as they say, so why is it that GM sells so many of them? I have owned Chevys in the past, and the Monte Carlo SS I owned was one of my favorite cars, other than the C-6 Corvette I presently own. I test drove the 2011 Impala LT in Jewel Red metallic, with the luxury interior, and found the vehicle to be a very tight, quiet, and comfortable car. I received a generous discount quote, and a higher trade-in offer for my Hyundai Sonata than the Hyundai dealer offered on a new Sonata. On a 2500 mile trip the Impala returned 28.5 MPG overall and 31.8 mpg on the highway. The flip and stow rear seats are great for our stuff such as the cooler and snacks. If anything, I agree it needs a a 5 or six speed auto, the four speed tranny's 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear ratio is not low enough for quick gettaways from green lights.

Transmission Problems

by DiverSco from Rancho Cucamonga on Mon May 08 2017

I purchased my 2011 Impala brand new - 24 miles on delivery. I have been a Chevy truck guy for over 20 years. I converted to a car because I needed something a little more conservative/professional for my business. The Impala worked flawlessly for about two years. Regular PM and tires was all it required. Around year three and 70,000 miles, my transmission began jerking and pulling. I took the car to three different Chevy dealers, a couple times on a tow truck, and none of them would commit to the problem being a failing transmission. The 2011 Impala didn't require a trans service until 100,000 miles as recommended by the manufacturer so I didn't think this was the issue initially - I thought it could be the cables on the automatic gear shifter. Despite the attention of the Chevy mechanics, the transmission failed just over the 70,500 mile mark and had to be replaced. For the next two years, the vehicle would violently pull and jerk when the transmission slammed into gear. I continued exceptional care of the vehicle, not pushing its driving capabilities as I am a very conservative driver and providing the vehicle with regular PM service - including transmission servicing well before its recommended time. The car was never really the same again. I kept the car out of necessity as times have been hard on most American's. Drove the vehicle up to 150,000 miles when the new transmission I had installed failed. At this point I was in a position that warranted having the trans replaced for the second time as a new vehicle was out of the question. I took the car to a different mechanic who replaced the trans with a used one (50,000 miles on it). The mechanic told me to by a Camry and I would never see him again! Now the vehicle is at 174,000 miles and it has been a nightmare since the second trans replacement. It is scary to drive especially when making a left with oncoming traffic - I have to be extra careful as it consistently feels as though its going to stall and the pulling and jerking when shifting has only gotten worse. The car is paid off and I have gotten my use out of it - true. I wanted to make this post to bring the attention to those considering this car, that Chevy has a serious problem with their transmissions on this vehicle. Do your due diligence before purchasing! Dig a little bit when researching this vehicle. Chevy produced two transmissions for the same model year making it difficult to get the right one - upon both installations, each mechanic received the wrong trans delaying the amount of time it took to complete the repair - I even warned mechanic number two and the mistake still occurred through no fault of their own! I scored the Impala as poor value and poor reliability as the amount of repairs was not worth the money I saved by initially purchasing a less expensive car when compared to other models. The car is sleekishly styled on the outside and moderately comfortable on the inside. I am 6' tall and getting in and out is not as comfortable as a truck - the car is low to the ground and the aerodynamics of the vehicle make the frame awkward for taller people to get in and out of. I have had a lot of positive comments from passengers on the comfort level of both the passenger and back seats. The interior design is satisfactory as everything is in reach - I do not like the thermal controls as they are not digital - the heat and cold selectors are vertical and fall easily changing the temperature when not desired. Stereo system good, although my very seldom used CD player took a friends CD and never ejected it. No built in USB or iPod connections. Gas mileage before transmission problems above average even though I would consider the Impala a "heavy" vehicle. Tried E-85 gasoline once - same as regular gas in performance, much cheaper than regular gas - downside is E-85 is very rare and hard to find. Interior cab space is great - roomy. Trunk space exceptional. For the DIY'ers

Does not recommend this car!!

chevy2011

by wands from chicago on Mon Aug 15 2016

Purchased my 2011 Chevy in February 2014 have had it for 3 years still paying it off, no problems till it hit the 80 thousand miles trans blew off its 2 grand to fix the warranty is unknown to fix. will not recommend this car.

Does not recommend this car!!

wonderful car

by car guy from bought in Dekalb serviced in peoria il and peru il on Wed Aug 17 2011

bought an 08 impala LT 3.9 leather, heated seats Slate metallic . love the car. love the way it looks . love the interior. ride, handling etc. The only gripe i have is that GM mechanics are worthless..... as an ASE certified mechanic i am well inline when i say this. i took my car in under warranty for a coolant leak,.. took it into a local dealer a "friend" worked for, they replaced a water manifold gasket... tsb. still leaked. took it into another dealer on my way back from TN. they couldn't find it. took it in a third time another dealer ... one i have bought from before... good reputation.... THEY REPLACED THE HEATER CORE!!!!!!!!! ..... for the heating and A/C. took it in a fourth time and had pictures of the coolant trail on the engine cradle ....( my girlfriend could see the leak) FINALLY........ six months later its fixed. Another dealer replaced a gas cap for a " large evap leak" code. MORONS!!! if it wasnt under warranty they would never touch my vehicles. Nice cars ... worthless mechanics!!!!

Now I will only buy GM!

by Chevrolet only from Muskegon, Mi on Thu Apr 28 2011

This is my first new car, and it's just outstanding. I bought the Lt with the luxury package and most all options. The ride quality is just outstanding, along with comfort and superior performance. I travel back in forth to Chicago most every week and it really eases the ride. Absolutely love the sound system and heated seats. I also have an abundance of luggage that fits perfectly in the cars enormous trunk (with room left over!). After comparing this vehicle to Ford and Chrysler, there was no comparison. Chevrolet won in every way.

Best Car In Michigan

by Epic Car Lover from Birmingham, MI on Mon Jun 16 2014

Now, people say Its horrible, PERFORMANCE IS EXCELLENT! That 6 cylinder engine delivers a kick of speed. Mine was the base model and the Technology is just outstanding! You never hear static here in Michigan. Mine came with Onstar, and that has been a blessing. Got it in 2012 and acts like new, I dont know how Chevy does it but this is a masterpiece! The Interior feels like your in a nice cozy cabin, that can fly! I still think this is just unreal! And I've had it for 2 years. The only problem I had was not major, it was not even real. I just thought something happened because the lights to the dashboard weren't on, (AKA heat and radio) But it was just I pressed this button to turn that sections lights off, thats very inventive, it saves battery! For the exterior I have to agree with Rodan, very sharp and really nice looks. With the base model you still have a chrome bar in the back and in the front too. Chevy is really not cheap with the Impala, If you get a new Impala, you will love it, if you get a 2011 Impala, you will love it! SOOOOO RELIABLE! I DONT KNOW WHY PEOPLE THINK IT ISNT!!?? I still marvel at the thought nothings gone wrong EVER! If I could rank it for the overall ranking, best car in Michigan, and people will agree with me, also if it has problems its not the car, either previous owners dont maintain or they abuse the gas pedal which can cause overheating which leads to problems in the engine. So please if you have problems it is not the car, ok people? So consider getting it, best car in Michigan! :)

Well-made rugged car

by tyred from Erie, Pa on Mon Dec 05 2011

I bought a 2011 Chevrolet Impala because of the long and proven record of its 3.5l engine and the 4 speed automatic transmission. The car is used to ferry a 3 year old around town; it is well suited to the task because of its size, safety, and reliability. I find the Impala pleasant to drive and comfortable inside; the OnStar hands-off phone minutes do not cost much, and the phone is convenient to use. This car was inexpensive (by current prices); it can be fixed at any garage and it is pleasant to look at and to drive. So,I am delighted with my purchase (11k miles so far) and would recommend a 2011 Impala to anyone.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9