2011 Impala

2011 Chevrolet Impala

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2011 Chevrolet Impala?

Worst car I have ever driven

by Sales Driver from Springfield, MO on Sun Feb 02 2014

I have driven 3 Impalas, 06, 08 and 11, the 06 & 08 where above average in reliability, but the 11 has not been the same, gas mileage is 4-5 MPG less, the transmission is the biggest issue, at 43K the transmission was completely overhauled with a new torque converter by GM under warranty. At 63K the same problem and GM overhauled the transmissions and this time put a rebuild torque converter. I have driven 16 cars for business and this is the first car that I have had with transmission problems. My next car will be a 14 Camry.

Does not recommend this car!!

problems

by Sorry I bought this car from Williamstown ,Ky on Thu Apr 11 2013

My impala broke down the first time with about 3000 miles sensor problems . Then at about 6500 a front wheel bearing went out . Then the steering started clucking every time you turn the wheel by then the car had 7200 miles on it. The dealership put a new steer shaft in it fixed it for about 2500 miles. This time I left it at the dealer for 3 days to check it out , I was told that they couldn't find any thing wrong and they didn't do anything to it !! Butt it drove a lot better and no noise tell about 14500 . then it started making the clunking noise again. So back to the dealer again. They greased the steering up or something under the front made it a lot quieter . So I headed over to the local Toyota dear and traded it off on a new Toyota. Up too this point I have been driving Chevrolet's for over 35 years but no more

Love my Impalas!

by Impala 11 from Kansas City, MO on Mon Apr 16 2012

The 2011 Impala does not have near as much room as my 2003. Looks like they took the space from the backseat and put it in the trunk. THAT is a big down fall since I have kids. I love the responsive preformance all the bells and whistles. Another thing I don't like is the front end looks like an old Cavalier...? The rear looks like a Ford Fusion. LOL OKAY? I dressed up my grill with some chrome and it looks better. BEST feature is the mileage. I get about 33mpg but, I am that person going 65 in a 70mph zone JUST TO get better mileage. I drive 100 miles per day so every penny counts but, I love my home and I love my job. Just not the commute. I reccomend it if you have small children and don't have a LOONG ROAD trip in your future. Backseat passengers could get uncomfortable other than that. Excellent buy for the money and great mileage for the size. YOU COULD FIT groceries along with luggage in your trunk. Trust me I have a full size stroller and black friday in that trunk WITH room to spare for groceries! Excessive but, at least I KNOW where that back seat space went! :)

Money pit with only 49,889 miles

by Wrangler89 from Los Angeles, California on Tue Mar 26 2019

Very disappointed in this vehicle. Since warranty expired in 2016, I have put in $3,300 into the car. All 5 of the actuators went bad but not all at once so it cost me even more. Both rear windows broke and I had to replace the plastic motors and more. While under warranty there were many things wrong as well.

Great car

by Dave from west virginia on Wed Sep 12 2012

Everything great but when the rear windows are down it makes a noise someone missed the aerodynamics

2011 impala

by CaC from Athens, GA on Tue Jul 08 2014

I have had this car for 1 year now I traded it in due to having transmission issues with my old car it was a 88 bronco but then to have the same thing with this car the transmission went out at 49,000 miles no warning sign or light came on it just completely went out as I was pulling out into a 3 lane road with my fiance and 1 yr old daughter in the car. My warranty did fix it and gave me a rental after 3 days (annoying) but at least is got one then I have noticed the interior is made cheap the piece for my volume button already looks like it is going to come off. But I guess you get what you pay for with it being a 12,000 car.

Does not recommend this car!!

Good value for the money

by Chevy Fan from San Francisco CA on Fri Jan 04 2013

This is an excellent car to buy for the money. However consumers must pay attention since there are a lot of fleet vehicles out there advertised as Impala LT. These dont have all the options that come with a conusmer version of LT such as blue tooth phone access, fold down rear seats or sun visor roof console etc. (You can bargain the price down on the car for the missing features if they are not important to you) But for about 10 grand you can get a nice 2011 or 2012 with about 30K miles. Nothing out there can beat that deal.

IMPALA AWESOME CAR

by jason from Eagan, MN on Tue Oct 28 2014

This was the best used car purchase ever. The car has great style and very comfortable, I would chose my next car to be another Impala. I might upgrade to leather and sunroof next time.

first new car I own

by chevylova from williamsport pa on Fri Mar 30 2012

I previously drove a used 1 car owner vehicle, and from the start had nothing but trouble with the brakes and rotors, then the sensors in the engine..not only was it annoying but very expensive. I hope the chevy impala holds up to the promises of value, so far so good

Very reliable, interior so so

by Iamthecoop from Louisville, KY on Tue Sep 05 2017

I drive 2 hours per day to and from work. I just went over 100k and it's still rolling strong. Regular maintenance..tires & oil changeThe seats are not for long trips. Very uncomfortable seats. Interior is fill of cheap plastics and fake wood.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9