2011 Impala

2011 Chevrolet Impala

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2011 Chevrolet Impala?

It's a "limited" model, and that's how it feels.

by A driver from Boston, MA on Tue Sep 27 2011

Every now and then you have to drive a rental to really appreciate your own car. That's the kind of car the 2011 Impala is. I travel on a not too infrequent basis and have the opportunity to drive many cars. I've recently driven a Chrysler 300, a Dodge Charger, a Ford Taurus, two different body styles of Chevy Malibu's (Sixth and seventh generation) a Mercury Milan, a Ford Flex, a Nissan Altima Hybrid, a last gen Nissan Maxima a Toyota Corolla and some sort of Corolla sized Hyundai I can't remember the name of. I've also recently driven a loaner Saab 9-3, my own Saab 9-5 and my wifes Toyota Prius. Of all these cars, the 2011 Impala LTZ (Limited?) I'm renting right now is the worst. (Well, maybe the Corolla is in contention too). Everything about this car is spongy and void of feel. The body rolls like you would not believe. There is no tactile feedback or road feel at all. I have absolutely no confidence driving this car. The seats are covered in really bad leather, and are completely flat with no side bolsters at all, so if you make a turn you feel like you are going to slide out of your seat, especially since it feels like its leaning at a 45 degree angle whenever you turn. The suspension is apparently stiff because going over bumps is bone rattlingly harsh, and makes the entire car shake, rattle, groan and make other complaining noises, but you wouldn't know it from how it handles. The body just seems unbelievably flexy giving you no confidence at all. And to think, this is the "Sporty" version of the Impala. I can only imagine what the base model must be like. Today on my drive to work I got ~11mpg. My much larger 2011 Saab 9-5 (which is in the body shop after I got rear ended) typically gets about 20mpg on the same route. I should mention, I am not a fast "sporty" fast driver. I am - however - used to vehicles that have good corner stability and handling and don't feel mushy or sloppy. To me, I feel uncomfortable driving this car, as I have a difficult time predicting how it is going to behave. I simply feel disconnected from the road. When I looked up this car right now, I couldn't believe its a $30k car. it just doesn't feel like it. I've gotten a lot more car for a lot less money in the past.

Does not recommend this car!!

Reduced power on high power turns

by Dergills from Pueblo, CO on Sat Dec 21 2013

The engine reduces power and the anti lock brakes kick in on high power turns when you need to accelerate...like on a clover leaf freeway on ramp. This is normal for this year...and most likely after 2011. I hated this car for this reason. After 6 months I traded it in for a 2011 Ford Fusion. The Fusion is the best car I have ever owned.

smooth, quiet and boring

by blah humbug from Richmond, VA on Tue Dec 13 2011

The Impala is a little out of date, having changed little since 2000 or so. It is smooth and quiet but really quite expensive for what you get. Might as well move up to a Cadillac and get some style and luxury. It is more refined than my 2004 Impala was, and is easy on gas.

Dull!

by Car Lover from Philadelphia on Sat Aug 18 2012

I had one of these while my car was in the body shop, and I can safely say it's no wonder GM went out of business! This is by far and away the dullest, most unimaginative, most awful thing to crawl the earth. Uninspiring both inside and out, you will announce to all and sundry, " look at me I have completely given up on life and any semblance of dignity or imagination". Get something else...

good basic transportation

by Zayne from Rochester ny on Mon Dec 17 2012

Car is comfortable, rides smooth. very peppy. Dont like, style, cheap interior, transmission shifting, and HORRIBLE fuel mileage. seats not comfortable. Averaging 22mpg with 50% hwy driving, and non agressive use. Sounds system is really bad. IF your going to own a car for 10 yrs, this is a great used value.

Boring sedan...

by School Teacher... from Paragould, AR on Mon Feb 13 2012

This car was built for people that are technology challenged and just want a simple to and from ride. The mpg is not as good as is advertised and I will not buy another! Sorry Chevy....until you start making cars that are more exciting I'm leaving you the first chance I get!!!

I do love this car yet I truly dislike Chevrolet

by Whyme from Joplin, Missouri on Wed Dec 12 2018

This is a ex police car and is currently having its retirement years with me. This vehicle is comfortable, quick, and fun to drive. The motor has the power, and the fuel economy is good for this vehicle.The only problem I have had so far is the water pump going out. Something that does make me not like this vehicle is that Chevy doesnt know when it has a good thing and has to always screw it up. I also dont like the fact that the American People Bail them out in a time of crisis and now they are turning their back on their employees. Its sad as this vehicle could have been just as great of a car as the 64 Impala with the same following if only GREED was not a main focus. Also I would like to say that Unions are not helping this situation and are also greedy no matter how they put it. No person deserves a salary of over 1 million a year (CEO) with a golden Parachute and neither does any employee deserve 25 dollars an hour with full benefits and a good retirement. Most Consumers dont make that amount.

Where’s the noise coming from

by JackieDD from Sikeston,Mo on Sat Feb 23 2019

My car is a good reliable car, it makes a noise when I start it and I had it fixed before and it doing it again and I have friends that has the same car having the same problem. Nothing big but it works my nerves. What can be done about it.

Best car I've owned in my life

by TiraneOH from Wapakoneta,OH on Tue May 30 2017

The Impala is a great car with cloth seats, air conditioning, automatic windows, a CD player, aux cord hookup, and cruise control. It has a very smooth ride when driving and is a wonderful car for lots of activities.

had problems with a censor

by diedre from on Sun May 21 2017

After many tows to repair shops, they finally figured ou a censor on the gas peddle was malfunctioning. Since then it has been a great car.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9