1996 Chevrolet Lumina consumer reviews

$16,555–$18,255 MSRP range
side view of 1996 Lumina Chevrolet
Explore the 1996 Chevrolet Lumina
1.6

if you own it you should junk it

this car is your basic cheap car.it is cheap inside out.it has a week 3100 its a v6 with 170hp.if you want a good four door get an impala or grand prix with a 3800.now thats a mortor.

4.1

owned one for 4 years, very dependable!!

only had to replace altinator, very reliable, inexpensive to maintain. Mine had a ticking sound the whole 4 years i had it and was louder in cold weather but it didn't effect the car at all. My friend has a Lumina and his does the same thing, but doesn't effect it. I would recommend this car any day!!

4.4

Just keeps on going

This is one trooper of a car, you can't go wrong with one of these! Good reliable engine, sturdy transmission, durable body, and has plenty of feature options.

Bring back the Lumina!

This is my 2nd one. I owned a 1998 and traded it in after owning it for 8 years. Best car I ever had. The 2nd one I bought is a 1996 with 153,000 miles on it. The previous owner took meticulous care of it and it runs like a top. Dead of winter, below freezing temps and the car pops off with 1 turn of the key. I use it as a spare car but I still love it. I wish GM would bring it back with all the reliability they were made with.

3.4

Granny Car

This is a granny car!! It has a column shift for Pete's sake! But seriously, it's very reliable, has lots of pep. (Not something you'd expect in a granny car) Also somewhat good on gas.

4.1

Bought used

Nice handling has somewhat of a style. Seems very popular. Good for transportation, not a woman getter, but is reliable.