Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2005 Malibu

2005 Chevrolet Malibu

$940 - $6,892  MSRP Range
2005 Chevrolet Malibu

4.3

Have You Driven the 2005 Chevrolet Malibu?

One Of The Best I've Owned

by New Toy from Illahee, WA on Thu Oct 01 2009

I owned a 2005 Chevy Malibu LT and loved it. My LT had the 1SB Luxury Package: Sunroof, Auto Start, Chrome Wheels, XM Radio, 6 Disk Changer, Sunroof Auto Dimming Mirror w/On Star, Homelink, Chrome Wheels. With the 3500-V6 Engine this car had pep. When I stepped on it I had to hang onto the wheel as the rear end would want to take off on her own. This was definatly an almost luxury car without the price. Had very little upkeep costs besides the oil and other regular maintenance. Heated seats, auto-start, traction control and with the addition of studded snow tires I kept warm and on the road, despite the steep hills I traversed during winter.

Great Car of 2005

by AlFord from Southfield, MI on Sat Oct 21 2006

The 2005 Chevrolet Malibu proves to be a great family car, Both for women and men the car which started being reproduced in 1997 has had a major body change and re-shape in 2004. They introduced 3 Trim Levels Base, Mid Class LS , and First Class LT , Later to be called LS,LT, and LTZ in 2006/2007. The Malibu has a base model which I don't recommend becuz it lacks in features. As for the Higher Trim LS the vechicle comes equipped with beautiful and useful features such as adjustable pedels and cruise control. The LS has an available Remote Vechicle Start thats Standard on the LT and standard on LS if car comes with an Sunroof. As for me I opted for the High Class LT V6 Edition which is my favorite I highly recommend you get this car, it features a beautiful exterior with sporty rear spoiler, foglamps, 16" alloy wheels. The interior features are Leather/Ultralax Inserts, Adj Pedals, Remote Vehicle Start , Auto Climate Control, Onstar, Sunroof on 1SB, Home Garage System, Leather Steering wheel with Audio and Cruise controls ..... No matter the weather this car handles well Auto Tempature controls the cars climate and remote start allows easier and quicker getaway with tempature perfect .....Yes U should get this car.

This is the best car I've ever owned

by flyerskyer from chicago on Mon May 05 2008

Absolutely the best car I've owned really I've owned a BMW Mazda 929 which was good a Lincoln MarkVIII and out of all these some luxury cars this is the best. It handles very good in rain sleet or snow,no matter I've never been stuck plus its easy to own and good on gas especially on the highway and tooling around town.Keep up your oil changes and schedule maitenance and you can't lose.Kudos to chevy!!!

Great small family car

by Jeff from Detroit, mi on Wed Dec 12 2012

It's great step up from the neon we had. Fits child seat comfortable. Driver seat goes back for plenty of leg room for a 6'5 person.

Great Car

by Car Enthusiast from on Tue Jul 13 2010

Where to start. These cars are great. The ride is so smooth. It handles smoothly. All of the features make the car what it is. It would be great for families, daily drivers, or any situation.

Chevy Malibu LS

by Layne from Idaho on Sun Sep 11 2016

This has been the best car most people can ever hope to own. I bought the car with 15,000 miles in 2006. I now have 422,000 miles and still going. This car has the 3.5 liter 6 cylinder engine in it and is amazing. I consistently get between 33 and 35 MPG highway. As far as maintenance I have put brakes and tires on this car and 2 windshields. Aside from that, everything is originial. As I said, the best car imaginable. Thank you Chevy.....I will let you know when I hit 500 K next year.

fastest best handling car I have ever owned

by sports car enthusiast from East Smethport,Pa on Thu May 19 2011

The computer tells you everything you need to know about gas and oil life and 2 trip odometers make sure you can compute your milage correctly. The faux beige convertible top makes a nice unusual touch along with the ruby red bottom.

LOVE MY MALIBU

by Bu Owner from columbus, oh on Wed May 30 2012

This, by far, has been the best car I've owned! Can drive all day and never get tired. Great features, all controls are easy to reach. Interior is very comfortable, even my 6'3" hubby enjoys driving it!

I've had many problems...

by BZ from St. Louis, MO on Mon Aug 25 2008

I can't give this car too low star ratings b/c it really is comfortable, handles well, has good accelaration, etc. That's why I bought it. My only beef is the odd problems I've experienced and seems a lot of 2005 owners have experienced due to, in my opinon, poor quality. So far I've been lucky that all repairs have been covered under warranty. First when I got a state inspection in 2006, it failed. A tie rod was bad. This was at less than a year old. Fixed under warranty. Then the engine would stall when trying to start. It would eventually turn over, but you'd have to hold the key down a few seconds longer to get it going. People tend to stare thinking your car is not going to start. That was "fixed" with a replacement computer chip, again under warranty, however it still randomly occurs today. Next my whole dashboard rattled when coming to a stop from a decent speed. It sounded like the car was going to bust! Not too long after this I received a power steering message on my dashboard. GM put out a service bulletin on the problem covering all charges - however I was the lucky few that fell out of the VIN range. Yet I can't complain b/c my extended warranty covered the replacement of the steering column. This also fixed the noise problem when coming to a stop. I've owned the car for two years, it's now at 55K miles, and I just can't wait to see what else goes wrong!! I recommend getting an extended warranty!

Does not recommend this car!!

Excellant vehicle well worth the money

by owner of the silver streak from on Thu May 18 2017

Reliable cheap to own good gas mileage very good riding and handling car.Good equipment good power chevy had a winner with this car.This car has more than payed for its self and at 169000 miles still runs good and is always reliable.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2005 Chevrolet Malibu

Horsepower is taking center stage for General Motors at the New York International Auto Show that opens today and runs through April 3.

Chevrolet is debuting SS versions of the 2006 Chevrolet Malibu, Malibu Maxx and TrailBlazer, while Cadillac is revealing a 440-horsepower, supercharged version of the XLR sports car.

The Malibu and Malibu Maxx, built at the Fairfax plant in Kansas City, Kan., are interesting vehicles for the SS treatment. They are distinguished from regular Malibus by flangeless, 18-inch wheels; unique front and rear fascias; a blacked-out crosshatch grille; projector beam fog lamps; rear spoiler; and dual chrome-tipped, 3.5-inch exhaust outlets.

The hatchback Maxx is 6 inches longer than... Read More