2011 Malibu

2011 Chevrolet Malibu

2011 Chevrolet Malibu

4.2

Have You Driven the 2011 Chevrolet Malibu?

Awesome Comfort & Design

by Indianraja from Pinckney, MI on Tue Jul 31 2012

I am really impressed with my 2011 Malibu LT. I have the 3.6L version which surprisingly still gives me a great mileage. I do a lot of highway driving. My most admired thing is that even with the air ON, I can hardly feel any difference in the overall performance. The ride feels very smooth. The suspension is one of the best. Reminds me of a BMW suspension. Highly recommend this car to anyone.

Stylish

by Performer from Michigan City, IN on Sat Aug 07 2010

Lots of comfort and the performance is very well done. It's a good touring sedan and it's very reliable too.

Malibu is perfect, but...

by carshopper17 from Twin Cities on Sun Jun 12 2011

the Ultralux seats were put in by GM but they don't know what to recommend to clean them. It's a suede like material and extremely comfortable, however, if they get dirty or you want to take it to say, a detailing company, for interior detailing, they WON'T TOUCH IT, already tried that! So for the life of the car you are out of luck getting a complete interior detailed? We emailed GM and they won't recommend anything to clean the seats with, hello you made the car, why put something in it that you can't maintain? If you go to Malibu site other customers complain about this too. Go for cloth or the leather seats. If you do the ultralux, hope you don't have a) kids b) pets or c) spill anything! If someone is smart, they will design a cleaner and make a fortune!

Malibu #1 in Mid-Size Quality

by Lee from Greensboro on Wed Jun 20 2012

I've had my 2011 Malibu for over a year. 22,000 trouble free miles and very low maintenance cost. JD Powers just released it's top 2012 picks for new car quality. Malibu is the #1 mid-sized car. Malibu was Motortrend 2008 Car of the year. Four times picked a Consumer Digest best buy, and recommended by Consumer Reports. I hadn't owned a USA brand in many many years. Glad I gave the Malibu a chance; it's one of the best decisions I have made.

It makes my wife happy so now I am HAPPY !!!

by Hard to please from Gettysburg,PA on Tue Mar 01 2011

First Malibu that I ever purchased.So far so good.It has a nice smooth ride and plenty of room for three kids a dog and luggage.Trunk has more room than you could ever imagine.Going from a Tahoe to a car I wasn't sure how my wife would handle it.To my surprise she loves it.With gas mileage being a big factor in my decision,the Malibu has everything that you need in a midsize car.If you are looking for a new vehicle,make sure that you take the time to test drive a Malibu.I think you will enjoy the experience.Just remember to watch your speed.You won't realize how fast you are going.

Great car

by mwagner8 from Kansas City on Wed Mar 09 2011

Had my car for about two weeks. My reliability score should not count, but it feels really solid. I have the LTZ 4 cylinder. Don't let the PRO review sway you, the 4 cylinder has plenty of go. The six speed transmission is smooth and knows how to work the 4 to keep it in the power range needed. Cruises at 75 with no effort. Interior is comfortable for me, and I am 6'-4" 270lbs. Ceiling a little low, but all cars are that way. Traded my 2006 Jeep Commander for this vehicle for the gas mileage difference. First two tanks averaged 26 mpg. Leather interior is very sharp, dash is easy to read and uncluttered. Bluetooth works great with iPhone. XM Satellite radio is a nice plus as well. Full climate control, you can set on auto or do it yourself. Heated seats warm up fast. Handles great and gets compliments whereever I go. I have had over 30 cars and so far this is by far the best new car I have owned.

first car in 13 years!

by steveobx from outer banks of NC on Mon Aug 15 2011

I have had a truck or an SUV for the last 13 years and due to being upside down in an xterra the dealer suggested this car.....love it....it is sporty on the outside..I have the mocha metallic with the five spoke brushed aluminum rims in the same color...and a black interior...around the beach mileage is 30+ but on the open road I was getting 40-45+ at 75mph with the cruise on!....I will love the gas savings from the 15mpg xterra....now a set of roof racks, a tow hitch and some tinting on the windows and the package is complete! The xm radio and the on star are great!.....the car is well built and the quality is obvious...even the four cylinder motor will get up and go somewhat....not a six but the mpg make up for it!

Malibu LT Black 4 cylinder

by Hayden5757 from Bremen, IN on Fri Mar 04 2011

I started leasing the 2011 Chevy Malibu LT Metallic Black 4 Cylinder Automatic in November. So almost 5 months now. Pros: -Reduced road noise -Amazing gas milage (30-38) -Great stock sound system!!!!! -Stylish. (I planned on an aveo, but I when I drive by those I just smile, because I am in this!) -Wheels -Engine power (Very surprising for a 4cyl) Cons: NOT MANY Something weird I noticed was a sour smell coming from the lower vents. It smells like feet. I don't think I am the one stinking up the car. haha. But who knows. I don't smoke or have nasty feet. So this is a mystery for now. For the sake of this review I won't mention what I paid for the lease, but I got plenty of car for the money. I have to give up my old V6 Sable LS for this car. I get the same about of power from this engine, but with twice the gas mileage and I just get that "WOW" factor out of people who see it. It isn't perfect, but for leasing it really out performs many of the cars I test drove. If you are on the verge of considering buying or leasing this car. DO IT! you will be so happy that you did. Especially when you are running low on gas. One last thing I would like to mention. For those of you iPhone owners out there, like myself. The USB connection for the iPod will hate you. Until my most recent phone update, it would play for about 2 minutes and just stop producing sound but saying that it is connected. And now sometimes I will connect it like usually the car doesn't take control of the iPod function :( sooo if you have any other sort of iPod, use that instead of the phone. you will have troubles with compatibility. But this of course doesn't knock it anything, since it came with an amazing stock sound system and AUX connector.

best car I've owned

by the plane from miami, fl on Fri Oct 21 2011

the best car so far, I get a new company car every few years, this car is very comfortable and extremely quiet with excellent gas mileage.

Very pleased for my first vehicle

by First time car buyer from Virginia beach, va on Sat Jul 26 2014

I was very happy with my Chevy Malibu. This was my first time buying a car and the car salesman, and the car made it worth it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Our Take on the 2011 Chevrolet Malibu

Editor's note: This review was written in April 2010 about the 2010 Chevrolet Malibu. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The Chevrolet Malibu can't shake its rental-car shackles.

Years after a dramatic redesign for 2008, some areas of the Malibu have stood the test of time, while others — the drab interior, the pokey four-cylinder — feel more Hertz than high-rent. Thanks to its blend of ride comfort and handling, the Malibu demands a look from shoppers, but much of the current generation's early praise was simply a product of its being a vast improvement over the... Read More