2011 Malibu

4.2 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Awesome Comfort & Design

by Indianraja from Pinckney, MI on July 31, 2012

I am really impressed with my 2011 Malibu LT. I have the 3.6L version which surprisingly still gives me a great mileage. I do a lot of highway driving. My most admired thing is that even with the air ON, I can hardly feel any difference in the overall performance. The ride feels very smooth. The suspension is one of the best. Reminds me of a BMW suspension. Highly recommend this car to anyone.

Stylish

by Performer from Michigan City, IN on August 7, 2010

Lots of comfort and the performance is very well done. It's a good touring sedan and it's very reliable too.

Malibu is perfect, but...

by carshopper17 from Twin Cities on June 12, 2011

the Ultralux seats were put in by GM but they don't know what to recommend to clean them. It's a suede like material and extremely comfortable, however, if they get dirty or you want to take it to say, a detailing company, for interior detailing, they WON'T TOUCH IT, already tried that! So for the life of the car you are out of luck getting a complete interior detailed? We emailed GM and they won't recommend anything to clean the seats with, hello you made the car, why put something in it that you can't maintain? If you go to Malibu site other customers complain about this too. Go for cloth or the leather seats. If you do the ultralux, hope you don't have a) kids b) pets or c) spill anything! If someone is smart, they will design a cleaner and make a fortune!

It makes my wife happy so now I am HAPPY !!!

by Hard to please from Gettysburg,PA on March 1, 2011

First Malibu that I ever purchased.So far so good.It has a nice smooth ride and plenty of room for three kids a dog and luggage.Trunk has more room than you could ever imagine.Going from a Tahoe to a car I wasn't sure how my wife would handle it.To my surprise she loves it.With gas mileage being a big factor in my decision,the Malibu has everything that you need in a midsize car.If you are looking for a new vehicle,make sure that you take the time to test drive a Malibu.I think you will enjoy the experience.Just remember to watch your speed.You won't realize how fast you are going.

MOST RELIABLE

by LTZ MAN from STL, MO on August 8, 2013

OKAY I bought MY 2011 CHEVY MALIBU LTZ IN 2012 WITH 11 THOUSAND MILES ON IT I WAS 19 IM 20 NOW AN THE CAR HAS 60000 MILES ON IT WITH NOT ONE PROBLEM NOT 1! I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY ISSUE WITH THE CAR WHAT SO EVER IT HAS HAD THE HECK RAN OUT OF IT N IT STILL RUNS LIKE IT DID WHEN I BOUGHT IT. i would recommend this ltz to any1. i drove the lt lt2 what not did not like the design of cloth you must get leather n heated seats with black on black n tinted windows soooo stylish n private..

Malibu #1 in Mid-Size Quality

by Lee from Greensboro on June 20, 2012

I've had my 2011 Malibu for over a year. 22,000 trouble free miles and very low maintenance cost. JD Powers just released it's top 2012 picks for new car quality. Malibu is the #1 mid-sized car. Malibu was Motortrend 2008 Car of the year. Four times picked a Consumer Digest best buy, and recommended by Consumer Reports. I hadn't owned a USA brand in many many years. Glad I gave the Malibu a chance; it's one of the best decisions I have made.

Great car

by mwagner8 from Kansas City on March 9, 2011

Had my car for about two weeks. My reliability score should not count, but it feels really solid. I have the LTZ 4 cylinder. Don't let the PRO review sway you, the 4 cylinder has plenty of go. The six speed transmission is smooth and knows how to work the 4 to keep it in the power range needed. Cruises at 75 with no effort. Interior is comfortable for me, and I am 6'-4" 270lbs. Ceiling a little low, but all cars are that way. Traded my 2006 Jeep Commander for this vehicle for the gas mileage difference. First two tanks averaged 26 mpg. Leather interior is very sharp, dash is easy to read and uncluttered. Bluetooth works great with iPhone. XM Satellite radio is a nice plus as well. Full climate control, you can set on auto or do it yourself. Heated seats warm up fast. Handles great and gets compliments whereever I go. I have had over 30 cars and so far this is by far the best new car I have owned.

Best Value in Class

by Lee from Winston Salem, NC on August 7, 2011

I did a lot of research prior purchase; and do not regret trading a premium European automobile for the Chevrolet Malibu LS. When the Malibu was introduced, it was "Car of the Year" and has been three times selected as a "Best Value in Class." It is also the only domestic vehicle in it's class that's Made in USA. For May of 2011, the Chevy Malibu was the number one selling family car in America. The handling of this car is comparable to the import leader; and it's as quiet as the quietest vehicle for it's category. The suspension has a very pleasing European feel, and the traction control/anti-lock brakes are confidence inspiring. The seats are the right mix of cushion and support; I especially like the electric lumbar and height adjustment feature. This car is ideal for long road trips; or extended commutes for work. 4cyl coupled with the 6 speed transmission, delivers some pleasing tones and is silky smooth excepting an occassional stutter when downshifting. Most would probably not even notice. I really like the way the car looks. It's got a simple, elegant design with almost sporty lines. The exterior fit and finish are superior to most of the competition. The interior egronomics and layout is appealing and intuitive. Cushioning for the arm rest look a little thin; but I've found them comfortable. I'd rate the cabin very good overal. XM radio, the sound system is pleasingly adequate. Onstar Turn by Turn Navigation is simple and enjoyable to use. The built-in phone works very well and the rates are so reasonable; I much prefer it to "fiddling" with Bluetooth. This is a very well balanced automobile, that doesn't paticularly stand out as being the best in any paticular category. Which may very well be it's greatest strength. I've driven about 4000 miles without any trouble; and the reliability rating is above average for this vehicle. Overal, I'm very pleased...it's a very good and attractive car. I've noticed two more in the neighborhood, since I'd brought mine home.

first car in 13 years!

by steveobx from outer banks of NC on August 15, 2011

I have had a truck or an SUV for the last 13 years and due to being upside down in an xterra the dealer suggested this car.....love it....it is sporty on the outside..I have the mocha metallic with the five spoke brushed aluminum rims in the same color...and a black interior...around the beach mileage is 30+ but on the open road I was getting 40-45+ at 75mph with the cruise on!....I will love the gas savings from the 15mpg xterra....now a set of roof racks, a tow hitch and some tinting on the windows and the package is complete! The xm radio and the on star are great!.....the car is well built and the quality is obvious...even the four cylinder motor will get up and go somewhat....not a six but the mpg make up for it!

Malibu LT Black 4 cylinder

by Hayden5757 from Bremen, IN on March 4, 2011

I started leasing the 2011 Chevy Malibu LT Metallic Black 4 Cylinder Automatic in November. So almost 5 months now. Pros: -Reduced road noise -Amazing gas milage (30-38) -Great stock sound system!!!!! -Stylish. (I planned on an aveo, but I when I drive by those I just smile, because I am in this!) -Wheels -Engine power (Very surprising for a 4cyl) Cons: NOT MANY Something weird I noticed was a sour smell coming from the lower vents. It smells like feet. I don't think I am the one stinking up the car. haha. But who knows. I don't smoke or have nasty feet. So this is a mystery for now. For the sake of this review I won't mention what I paid for the lease, but I got plenty of car for the money. I have to give up my old V6 Sable LS for this car. I get the same about of power from this engine, but with twice the gas mileage and I just get that "WOW" factor out of people who see it. It isn't perfect, but for leasing it really out performs many of the cars I test drove. If you are on the verge of considering buying or leasing this car. DO IT! you will be so happy that you did. Especially when you are running low on gas. One last thing I would like to mention. For those of you iPhone owners out there, like myself. The USB connection for the iPod will hate you. Until my most recent phone update, it would play for about 2 minutes and just stop producing sound but saying that it is connected. And now sometimes I will connect it like usually the car doesn't take control of the iPod function :( sooo if you have any other sort of iPod, use that instead of the phone. you will have troubles with compatibility. But this of course doesn't knock it anything, since it came with an amazing stock sound system and AUX connector.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12