2018 Chevrolet Malibu consumer reviews

$21,680 starting MSRP
side view of 2018 Malibu Chevrolet
Explore the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu
Shop the 2018 Chevrolet Malibu

The 2018 Chevy Malibu, excellent vehicle! Love it!

I have owned BMW, Jeep, and GMC, I decided I didn't want to pay $60,000 plus for a vehicle anymore, I'm over it, lol, so I bought a 2018 Malibu Redline and I have to say...hands down my favorite vehicle I've ever owned! I constantly get compliments when I'm at the gas station on what a great looking car it is. I have the Redline pkg and blacked out the windows, it does look great! I love all the extras they put in the Malibu, drive asst, backup cameras, info center....etc. I have never had a problem, it's never let me down! A simple recall, easy fix, is all. This car is so comfortable, we travel a lot! I would highly recommend this vehicle!

2.0

WARNING: LOSS OF POWER RISK FOR ACCIDENT

Many issues with this car. Filling car with gas takes forever. Gas flow has to be very slow even then fuel handle will still pop off very annoying. Check engine light on after 15,000 miles taken in to Chevy and 1 mile down the road check engine light back on again, engine power reduced light turns on often sometimes reduced power happens & sometimes it doesn't. 2 of the times power was reduced it nearly caused a very tragic accident 1 time barely missed a t-bone collision on side where my 9 year old was sitting. Most fearful moment in my life. On 2 occasions I was locked out of vehicle doors would not unlock. After a few hours the car unlocked the doors on its own. I live in Yuma temp reaches 120 & higher. Being locked out of car for no reason was horrible. Occurs randomly sometimes it often sometimes its once in a while car won't register its in park. Shifter is in park but it doesn't register so car will not turn off. Its very annoying. Also has glitches with the electric system phone connecting etc. I use to be able to tell the car to call a contact but that feature no longer works. My dome light only works if i use the switch. It no longer turns on when door is open. It sucks trying too gather all your things when getting out of car at night. I tried everything to get the dome light to work when door is open been unsuccessful. 5 times car has just shut off. 4 out of the 5 times it stalled when I went to accelerate when light turned green. Then it takes about 10 seconds or more to start back up again. Also sometimes gas mileage is good then sometimes its not and sucks it down fast. Interior may look nice but the quality of it is very poor. All the silver lining is made out of a thin plastic & starts to chip away after a couple years. Looks like crap. Car is hard to get out of. Visibility is poor. Car has blind spots all around you. I have read numerous reviews from many owners complaining about the issues above. Do not purchase a 2018 Chevy Malibu you will live to regret it. Any good reviews you read are most likely from owners that hadn't had the car for very long. The car is a mess and Chevy doesn't care. Most important THE REDUCED POWER ISSUE VERY DANGEROUS. YOU ARE AT RISK FOR A DEADLY ACCIDENT!!!

Bought at Big City Cars Great

I test drove a few Malibu and this one had new tires low miles and was exceptionally clean Drives Great and happy with my purchase

1.0

The Worst

This is by far the worst vehicle I've purchased, the 2015 was much better. I will not buy from or have work done from OBX Chevrolet ever again!! Done with chevrolet !!!

3.4

$525.51 for battery

Loved the car except the battery stopped working at only 24,369 miles. The dealer charged me $525.51 to replace it. I was not sure if it was the battery or alternator. I was assured it was still under warranty and it was not.

Best car I have owned to date

Great car for the money. Quiet ride, Great on gas. Engine is a little slow but gets up when needed. Radio is amazing and enjoy the steering.

3.0

Nothing but problems since I bought it.

Recall after recall, from day one. Poor performance and every time I took it to the dealership service department, I was always told they didn’t know what the problems were. I am very disappointed with the vehicle(2018 Malibu Lt) and the service.

4.3

Very nice car

Nice ride good fuel mileage look good has good get up and go handles smooth good sound system good rear seat room large trunk overall a good car

best car ever had

great ride great on gas used to take it to the beach every summer, loved the interior great service and made alot of heads turn

Excellent car for commuting

I have had excellent ownership experience for the last three years for for commuting long distance drive. The car provides excellent performance in comfort and maneuver.