2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo consumer reviews

$19,690 starting MSRP
side view of 2001 Monte Carlo Chevrolet
Explore the 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

love it

I have a 2001 ss. I love my car and very dependable. I have 245000 miles on my car and had nothing major go wrong with it. If I was to get another car I would get another one.

Good llittle car

It is very stylish on the outside and inside. The one we got was plain with a factory stereo but put a brand new Kenwoood in it. I am. Very short so it is kind of hhard to get out off with the seat where I can reach the pedals but it is a good car. We love "MC" (that's her name.)

Outstanding value for the price.

This car gets peoples attention for it's styling and performance. It has drive by good looks. All of my kids want to drive their old man's car (toy).

4.0

AWESOME CAR

This is actually the 3rd Monte Carlo I have owned. I had a 73 and a 77 and now a 2001 SS. This car is comfortable, GREAT on gas and love the way it handles. Prior to this I had a 2001 BMW 745IL and would take this Monte Carlo over the BMW ANYDAY!!! The BMW ended up being nothing but a MONEY PIT and will NEVER purchase another one!!!!!

Super Monte

I own 5 Monte Carlos 84SS 95LS 95Z34 Pace Car 2001SS Pace car 2004SS Supercharged Best cars on the road for the money. 2001 is my best for looks and road performance. Low profile suspention for taking 35 MPH rated turns at 65MPH (not recomended for the faint of heart) 160,000 miles and still burying mutstangs and now chargers and challengers.

4.4

Great value

I have had this vehicle for about 6 months now, I bought it used with 99,000 miles on it and it is running good. It is in great shape and runs well. Other than routine and preventive maintenance I had to replace very little. The fuel regulator and right front cv joint needed to be replaced but I had thought ahead by getting an extended warranty. So in the end it was no big deal. It is also good on gas mileage. I would definately recommend this vehicle.

Chevrolet

Have driven and kept these vehcles for 8 to 10 years with well over 100K to 245K miles on them and they have performed very well. Have 3 at the present time 2 cars and a truck. All these vehicles were purchased new and not one of them were took back to the dealer for any problems. Would recommend them highly.

4.0

Good Quality

I got the car from my grandmother when she couldnt afford it anymore. Yes, I did have to replace some thing and still am replacing some parts mainly because my Grandmother doesnt take care of her cars and didnt take care of this one. Example: I had to get 2 new front tires the day I got it because she had worn them out until the wires were showing. So far the car has been good to me mostly. The only thing I dont like is the sensors going off when tire pressure is low when it isnt that bad or low coolant light coming on when I have plenty. The driving feels smooth, and runs great. Over all I would recommend it and contuine to buy a Monte Carlo, even though I had to spend some pennies fixing my Grandmother's irresponabilities

2.6

Beware

Purchased the car used from a dealer in Villa Park, IL. I have had to rebuild the brakes all the way around at 30,000 miles (4 rotors and 2 calipers on the front), replace both wheel bearings on the front end, the thermostat, had a high pressure line on the a/c go out and need to be replaced, had to rebuild the tranny at 54,000 miles, my daytime lights have shorted out causing them to blink which causes the system to switch over to my headlights and the high beam indicator to flicker whenever the car is in operation (the fog lamps will flicker as well). On the center consule, the lights beind the passenger control for the a/c and heat do no illuminate (at 85,000 miles). Almost forgot, I had to replace the bearing plates, and as a result the struts, on the font end too. It has been the worst car I have ever owned as far as reliability is concerned.

Monte Carlo SS Pace Car

This vehicle was purchased used. It has been a reliable safe vehicle that has also satisfied the desire for a "sporty" car. It is a highly recommended vehicle for purchase.