2003 Chevrolet S-10 consumer reviews

side view of 2003 S-10 Chevrolet
Explore the 2003 Chevrolet S-10
4.0

The Xtreme

I bought my s- 10 this june it blows my ranger away the Xtreme model is the perfect tuner truck paird with the perfect motor. I got the V 6 since iv bought it its never failed to start. This truck has decent room espically in the front, the bucket seats are pretty comfy for a smaller truck. I put a twin turbo and did endless work to the motor and my last dino report has that little V6 putting out 370 in tourqe and 300 Horsepower wow i do believe the s- 10 is the perfect truck

PERFECT LITTLE PICK UP

I NEVER THOUGHT I'D BE HAPPY WITH A SMALL PICK UP BUT THIS LITTLE BABY SURPRISED ME - IT'S A 4 CYLINDER LONG WHEEL BASE WITH A SNUG TOP CAMPER SHELL THE EXTENTED MODEL---MY OTHER CAR IS AN SRX CADILLAC AND I WAS THINKING OF TOYOTA BUT I THINK THEY ARE WAY OVERPRICED!!!!

3.1

its ok

its a weak 4cylinder they need more power. if you have to climb a mtn you might as weel floor itits not fast.

Great truck!!!

I bought my '03 S10 in 2006, since then I havent had any issues with it!!! Although my truck is only the base model(regular cab, 2 wheel drive) I still enjoy it! I am looking for a ZR2 model now because not having 4X4 is keeping me from going out and doing the activities I love to do! Definitely an outstanding truck and would recommend it to anyone!!!

3.4

alright beater

i really enjoyed my S10 when i first purchased it but had to replace the transmission and purchased a faulty aftermarket warranty that didn't pay a dime. It nickeled and dimed me here and there but always made it to the garage and never left me stranded. I felt the 4.3 vortec felt a little doggish at times. I'm forced to sell my chevy for a toyota. I think if the previous owner took better care of it I wouldn't of had a problem with it.

1.9

poorly built

I bought a 4x4 crewcab 6 months ago with 70 k miles. In that time I've spent $3000 for a new intake manifold, a broken shock, stabilizer bar, frozen cailpers, leaking rear axle seals, oil cooler lines and numerous minor problems. The mileage is atrocious unless (I expected this) unless I really drive extremely carefully. Should have spent more and gotten a Toyota.

3.0

good litttle pick up

For the light construction work I do the truck is good. It isn't much in the snow nor does it do well in mud. With the cap we can use to camp.

Truck of my dreams

Makes my old Ranger look like a toy. I love how well the 4x4 works when towing my boat out of the ramp. the torque is incredible when towing a heavy load. great power and decent fuel mileage with the 4.3. real roomy inside, feels very similar to a silverado.

4.3

A terrific little truck

This is the perfect little truck for what I need. It has great power and a lot of torque for a truck of its size. It gets decent gas mileage and I really like the look of the truck, inside and out. If you need a light duty truck, this is the best. A ton better than the Ranger I used to have, hands down.

4.4

Mr

This is a fantastic 4x4. It has the ground clearance and design that makes it nearly impossible to stop. During a blizzard, this truck was not stopped, although my friend's Jeep was stuck for days. The rear locking differental makes the difference. All I can say is that I love this truck.