2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

All Reviews

by from Edmonton, Alberta on June 25, 2017

I've driven the Hemi powered 2017 Ram 1500 the 5.0 powered 2017 F150 and the 5.3 and 6.2 powered 2017 GM's. I didn't bother with the Nissan or Toyota's because I just don't see them as being as good of a value proposition for what you get. Driving the GM's I find they had the quietest interior on the hwy in both terms of engine noise, tire noise and, wind noise. Some may want more engine noise but I wanted a quiet interior. I find the Ford with the 5.0 to feel faster than the Hemi or the 6.2 GM, With the 6.2 and the Hemi feeling pretty even. But around town the 5.3 and 6.2 GM's feel torquier than the Ford or Ram. The Ram and Ford seem a bit too peakie in their power delivery for my liking. The 6 speed and 8 speed transmissions in the GM's also feel the most intuitive and always seem to be in the right gear for whatever driving situation I'm in where as the Ford seems to have the worst calibrated transmission with me needing take over and put it into manual mode on more than one occasion. The Ram has a very good transmission too, shifting even quicker than the 6 or 8 speed from gm. The shifting in both the Ram and the Chev was much smother than the Ford. One thing to note is the very relaxed throttle tip in on the GM's compared to the Ram or Ford, but I learned to drive around it. The ride in all three trucks is good. The Ram feels very car like (probably because of the coil rear springs) and seems to have the least axle hop going over washboard gravel. The Ford is fairly composed over the rough stuff too but feels kind of floaty and is the least confidence inspiring going around corners with the most noticeable body lean. The GM's have the "stiffest" ride but I find they also have the least body lean although you can tell they feel heavier than the Ford going around corners. The GM's are still very composed going over bumps just not as much so as the Ford or Ram. I also like how low the GM's are compared to the Ford or Ram, I didn't bother putting side steps on my Chev because you don't need them. The steering feel and Weighting in the Ford feels the most "truck" like with the Ram and Chev having much nicer feeling steering systems. I also didn't like how big the diameter of the Steering wheel of the Ford is compared to the Ram or GM's. Ergonomically the GM's had the most well arranged interior with the Ram coming second and my least favorite being the Ford with way too many buttons! The Ram was mostly ruled out because of the lack of payload and towing as well as the huge depreciation and poor safety ratings. The Ford was ruled out because of the bad interior layout, lack of confidence in corners and, unsmooth transmission. The Chev isn't perfect either with direct fuel injection being know to cause intake valves to get dirty although I cured that with a catch can. The key and fob aren't integrated which is bad for a vehicle made in 2017. And at night when in reverse the screen goes to full brightness while displaying the backup camera. The Ford has some serious quirks too like not having a light in the cab to let you know when the cargo light is on and, there no low washer fluid light either.

by from Aldan, PA on April 24, 2017

The Crew Cab version (which I purchased) is equipped with every amenity one could desire. The interior is spacious, with abundant power, USB, and even wireless charging for your cell phone. The leg room in the Crew Cab is impressive, even at 6' 2", I had plenty of room in the rear seat with the front seats adjusted to accommodate my leg and pedal reach. The vehicle with it's AFM (Fuel Management) system gets an impressive 25MPG for me (on fairly level surface).

by from San Antonio on March 23, 2017

The truck was love at for sight, drove over 150 miles just to purchased it, and when i test drove it and saw it in person this vehicle was all me, its unique style was different from other Chevy Silverado trucks, and for being a basic work truck it was what i wanted, but imagine the higher grades. Man! If i can feel this way with just a basic standard truck, Chevy is doing something right.

by from Lockport N.Y. on April 18, 2017

great vehicle, nice ride and great looking. Fits all my needs. both in style and usability for towing and winter driving

by from Trucksville on March 31, 2017

Options for this truck is nothing but awesome. Looks sharp and rides smooth. We love the black on black.

by from Napa, CA on July 3, 2017

Beautiful truck, inside and out. Superior comfort with all the bells and whistles! Couldn't be happier with it!

by from Derry, PA on December 12, 2017

This truck rides like a Cadillac and runs like a Corvette! I confident it will meet my towing needs for many years to come.

Uses car for Towing

by from Butte, MT on October 3, 2017

Owned for almost a year and have been impressed with everything from style to performance. Awesome on economy as well as towing.

by from laramie on March 14, 2017

My wife and I were looking for a truck for awhile (I have to mention that is our first truck and we never had one before). You might say I shouldn't judge the trucks because I never had one but as a beginner who studied all the brands and features of all the trucks out there my experience can be helpful for beginners. We looked at different dealerships in Laramie, Fort Collins, and Denver and different brands and models such as Ford F-150, Ram 1500, and Silverado 1500. I have to confess that our experience with Chevy was beyond our expectation. Silverado 1500 was exactly the truck that we were looking for. Its steel body make you feel safe in the truck and its beautiful design is like you can wear a suit and go to a dress code party. It has the spirit of a real truck combined with modern technologies and luxurious features. On the other hand, Ford F-150 with aluminum body and all the features looks like a plastic toy for a kid that does not look like a friend with loyalty. We ended up with a Black crew cab Silverado 1500 LTZ with all the features that we asked for. I should say that I never had any of Chevy's product before in my life and I think I can not buy anything else in the future except Chevy. Thanks Chevy for its outstanding products and services.

by from Bay City, Michigan on April 20, 2017

I traded in my 2015 Silverado and got a 2017 model, wow am I happy I did! I have only had it 2 weeks but I love it even more than I loved my old one.... It drives and rides so much nicer it is hard to believe that in 2 years Chevrolet could make so many improvements in a truck. In my humble opinion, the 2017 Silverado is the best truck Chevrolet ever built.