2017 Silverado 1500

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

#2 Most Popular Truck
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Have you driven the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500?

The truck guys truck

by Ryan S. from Edmonton, Alberta on Sun Jun 25 2017

I've driven the Hemi powered 2017 Ram 1500 the 5.0 powered 2017 F150 and the 5.3 and 6.2 powered 2017 GM's. I didn't bother with the Nissan or Toyota's because I just don't see them as being as good of a value proposition for what you get. Driving the GM's I find they had the quietest interior on the hwy in both terms of engine noise, tire noise and, wind noise. Some may want more engine noise but I wanted a quiet interior. I find the Ford with the 5.0 to feel faster than the Hemi or the 6.2 GM, With the 6.2 and the Hemi feeling pretty even. But around town the 5.3 and 6.2 GM's feel torquier than the Ford or Ram. The Ram and Ford seem a bit too peakie in their power delivery for my liking. The 6 speed and 8 speed transmissions in the GM's also feel the most intuitive and always seem to be in the right gear for whatever driving situation I'm in where as the Ford seems to have the worst calibrated transmission with me needing take over and put it into manual mode on more than one occasion. The Ram has a very good transmission too, shifting even quicker than the 6 or 8 speed from gm. The shifting in both the Ram and the Chev was much smother than the Ford. One thing to note is the very relaxed throttle tip in on the GM's compared to the Ram or Ford, but I learned to drive around it. The ride in all three trucks is good. The Ram feels very car like (probably because of the coil rear springs) and seems to have the least axle hop going over washboard gravel. The Ford is fairly composed over the rough stuff too but feels kind of floaty and is the least confidence inspiring going around corners with the most noticeable body lean. The GM's have the "stiffest" ride but I find they also have the least body lean although you can tell they feel heavier than the Ford going around corners. The GM's are still very composed going over bumps just not as much so as the Ford or Ram. I also like how low the GM's are compared to the Ford or Ram, I didn't bother putting side steps on my Chev because you don't need them. The steering feel and Weighting in the Ford feels the most "truck" like with the Ram and Chev having much nicer feeling steering systems. I also didn't like how big the diameter of the Steering wheel of the Ford is compared to the Ram or GM's. Ergonomically the GM's had the most well arranged interior with the Ram coming second and my least favorite being the Ford with way too many buttons! The Ram was mostly ruled out because of the lack of payload and towing as well as the huge depreciation and poor safety ratings. The Ford was ruled out because of the bad interior layout, lack of confidence in corners and, unsmooth transmission. The Chev isn't perfect either with direct fuel injection being know to cause intake valves to get dirty although I cured that with a catch can. The key and fob aren't integrated which is bad for a vehicle made in 2017. And at night when in reverse the screen goes to full brightness while displaying the backup camera. The Ford has some serious quirks too like not having a light in the cab to let you know when the cargo light is on and, there no low washer fluid light either.

2017 Silverado LTZ Z71 Off Road

by Pat19018 from Aldan, PA on Mon Apr 24 2017

The Crew Cab version (which I purchased) is equipped with every amenity one could desire. The interior is spacious, with abundant power, USB, and even wireless charging for your cell phone. The leg room in the Crew Cab is impressive, even at 6' 2", I had plenty of room in the rear seat with the front seats adjusted to accommodate my leg and pedal reach. The vehicle with it's AFM (Fuel Management) system gets an impressive 25MPG for me (on fairly level surface).

Nice Truck

by Jerry from San Antonio on Thu Mar 23 2017

The truck was love at for sight, drove over 150 miles just to purchased it, and when i test drove it and saw it in person this vehicle was all me, its unique style was different from other Chevy Silverado trucks, and for being a basic work truck it was what i wanted, but imagine the higher grades. Man! If i can feel this way with just a basic standard truck, Chevy is doing something right.

as usual a very nice vehicle

by shotgun14094 from Lockport N.Y. on Tue Apr 18 2017

great vehicle, nice ride and great looking. Fits all my needs. both in style and usability for towing and winter driving

Love our Midnight LT Z71

by Nick from Trucksville on Fri Mar 31 2017

Options for this truck is nothing but awesome. Looks sharp and rides smooth. We love the black on black.

Almost perfect truck

by cjaeroflyer from North Dakota on Sat Aug 18 2018

I bought my 2017 SIlverado as a certified pre-owned truck about a month ago. While doing my research, I read reviews on all of the current full-size trucks, and found just about universal praise for the Silverado. Went for a test drive, and fell in love with it. Not only is it a great truck, but it's a fantastic vehicle overall. I love the exterior styling - it's modern and aggressive, without being too much of either. I got the double cab/standard bed, and am happy with that configuration - the bed length is perfect. The truck maneuvers insanely well for as big as it is, with good steering feel and a slightly stiff but comfortable ride. Interior design is gorgeous, and the controls are all laid out intuitively and within comfortable driver reach. Materials are fantastic, as is build quality....I have yet to hear even one rattle or find any panel that doesn't line up with the one next to it. Engine power is strong when you get on it, but the throttle response off the line could be improved. I average 17-22mpg, which is above expectations for a big 4x4 truck. I haven't towed anything super heavy with it yet, but have complete confidence that I'll be able to pull most anything I need to without it breaking a sweat. If you're in the market for a truck, new or used, the Silverado deserves a hard look for sure. As long as the reliability stays high, Chevy may have just earned a customer for life.

Cowboy Cadillac

by Loopy from Napa, CA on Mon Jul 03 2017

Beautiful truck, inside and out. Superior comfort with all the bells and whistles! Couldn't be happier with it!

Amazing Truck in Every Way

by scantz56 from Butte, MT on Tue Oct 03 2017

Owned for almost a year and have been impressed with everything from style to performance. Awesome on economy as well as towing.

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Allstar

by John B. from Derry, PA on Tue Dec 12 2017

This truck rides like a Cadillac and runs like a Corvette! I confident it will meet my towing needs for many years to come.

Uses car for Towing

Most reliable car that I have ever had

by Masadoll from laramie on Tue Mar 14 2017

My wife and I were looking for a truck for awhile (I have to mention that is our first truck and we never had one before). You might say I shouldn't judge the trucks because I never had one but as a beginner who studied all the brands and features of all the trucks out there my experience can be helpful for beginners. We looked at different dealerships in Laramie, Fort Collins, and Denver and different brands and models such as Ford F-150, Ram 1500, and Silverado 1500. I have to confess that our experience with Chevy was beyond our expectation. Silverado 1500 was exactly the truck that we were looking for. Its steel body make you feel safe in the truck and its beautiful design is like you can wear a suit and go to a dress code party. It has the spirit of a real truck combined with modern technologies and luxurious features. On the other hand, Ford F-150 with aluminum body and all the features looks like a plastic toy for a kid that does not look like a friend with loyalty. We ended up with a Black crew cab Silverado 1500 LTZ with all the features that we asked for. I should say that I never had any of Chevy's product before in my life and I think I can not buy anything else in the future except Chevy. Thanks Chevy for its outstanding products and services.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24

Our Take on the 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

The verdict:

The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado exudes a good, old-fashioned trucklike attitude with its bold presence, but it isn't the least bit outdated, with highly competitive capabilities and the latest multimedia technology.

Versus the competition:

A 2016 Chevrolet Silverado with the optional 6.2-liter V-8 and eight-speed automatic transmission is a nearly unstoppable combination in overall performance against the most powerful half-tons the other guys have to offer.

Editor's note: This review was written in March 2016 about the 2016 Silverado. The 2017 now offers low-speed automatic braking with forward collision warning, but little else of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2017, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

With its latest update, the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado adds a few features on the inside and under the hood to keep the full-size, half-ton truck up to date in a constantly changing segment. For 2016, the Silverado's styling is mildly updated, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are added, and an optional eight-speed automatic transmission previously teamed only... Read More