2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 consumer reviews

side view of 2020 Silverado 1500 Chevrolet
Explore the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Shop the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Best truck owned.

I use my truck to pull a 9000 lb+ 34 ft travel trailer. I have the 3.0 diesel LT 4x4. I get 10 - 12 mpg towing. Once I get to the campsite it's like having an economy car that gets 25 - 30 mpg not towing. I don't ever plan on selling the truck, it is a keeper.

3.0 Duramax is awesome

I’ve had many silverados in my years, all 1/2 tons since ‘77. Enjoyed most of them. Can’t say much about the 700R4 transmission in the 90’s however. But this 2020 Silverado RST little max is the trophy of them all. It’s a fuel sipper with plenty of torque, which is awesome for towing. It averages 12 mpg towing and 30-34 mpg non towing. The 10 speed transmission performance is so smooth shifting, the performance of the little 3.0 is engineering at its best. I traded a 2016 Silverado Z71 5.3 for this truck. Wow, it puts that old ‘16 to shame. The truck is simply the best of the best in the 1/2 ton class. I have driven it 20k now and the only issue I’ve had was the my link freezing up several times in a couple weeks time frame. Took it to the dealer in Biloxie as I was on a road trip and they reflashed the system. Whatever that did, that was a couple months back and issue has not reappeared. It has all the bells and whistles with the first Bose system I’ve ever had in my 70 years. This is a phenomenal truck and I expect it will be my last. I can’t imagine parting with it. I never hesitated buying this truck after my initial test drive in Lubbock, Texas. I was not able to make a deal in my hometown here and was able to make a deal over the phone with a Chevrolet dealership in Farmersbranch, Texas. It’s sad another Chevrolet dealership 400 miles from my home can make a much greater deal than my local dealership. That’s free enterprise however and for what this truck cost, you have to shop your best deal. I feel like I got a great deal and absolutely no regrets. The all around ownership experience of this Silverado has exceeded my expectations. The best in its class

4.3

It's OK for the money

The 2020 Silerado is a pretty good truck for the dollar spent. It has a rough running engine which I was told was nomal for a 5.3 V8, don't understand why. Interior is ok but needs a few electonics added which should be standard. The bluetooth does not work as it should and Terry Labonte- Dealer after 7 month still can't fix it.

2.1

$46, 000 paperweight

3 times will not start, 1st time would crank but no start, the 2nd time nothing but lights all over the dash and bonging like crazy, towed into dealer shop for nearly 2 weeks guessing something electrical but I will likely never know what the true issue was. People purchase new vehicles in order to have something reliable with no repair worries but a $46K truck that won't even start is not much good to anyone. Think we'll find an old 80's model vehicle so we can work on it ourselves if something goes wrong, for the money we should be able to replace nearly every component and come out ahead, there's too much electrical/computer crap in these newer vehicles and they seem to rush everything to market without thorough testing. Personally would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. Chev Silverado LT Crew 4x4 5.3

3.1

Truck not reliable

2020 Silverado left me stranded,only 2000 miles motor cranked but won’t start, towed to dealer they can’t even provided a rental car,finally have it running, they said computer needed to restart

Beautiful Design and Great 3.0 Diesel Motor !

Chevy knocked it out of the park with the Full size diesel 3.0 liter Silverado. Everything about it is awesome. Custom ordered RST with all the bells and whistles. Looking forward to many years of ownership ... may never get rid of it. It will be a classic.

Most comfortable truck ever owned

This vehicle reacts on a dime to all my needs. It looks great, has the power needed but at the same time so comfortable you think your riding a luxury car

3.1

Nice truck But......

ECM went out the first day. Towed in for replacement. 4 months later battery went completely dead. Towed in but dealer could not find problem. Said if it happened again they would start a manufacture rep. request. Truck does make a bumping sound just as you come to a complete stop. Don't know if its a tire issue or an engine miss. Hard to detect.

3.0

Most disappointing and unreliable truck owned.

This truck has been a true disappointment. Great driving and nice interior with nice features and very comfortable. But oh so unreliable. Been in the shop for 154 days so far (38% of its time). Transmission problems all the time. GM trying to fix. Wish we could return this truck.

Solid Truck

Very happy with my Silverado. Overall, pretty nice truck. V8, 4x4, sun roof and my favorite heated steering wheel. Haven’t had any issues in the year I’ve had it. Cruised through the mountains easily. Upgraded from a Colorado - no regrets. Never liked Chevy until these last 2 trucks.