2013 Suburban

2013 Chevrolet Suburban

2013 Chevrolet Suburban

4.1

Have You Driven the 2013 Chevrolet Suburban?

Compares to Driving a 4WD Leather Recliner

by HanknTexas from Dallas, TX on Mon Aug 19 2013

Purchased a 2013 Suburban in the Z71 trim package - was disappointed in the color options remaining (mostly white , silver and/or black - end of model year), but that's where my disappointment ends. Settled on the white, which has started to agree with me after a short two weeks. From a performance - drive - comfort point of view, this SUV is ACES! The Z71 trim package gives you the feeling like you're the 'King of the Road'. We just returned from our first family vacation / road trip (1,800 miles round trip) and I'm looking forward to the next one already. Smooth ride - plenty of power - stylish - and very quiet at highway speeds.

Chevrolet

by Dans the man from Selha. Washington on Tue Jun 25 2013

I've allways has new trucks. But since I've got a suburban it's so much better then a truck. I can tow 8000 lbs trailer. It has two DVD players. Rear air. To can haul 8 people around we're in. Truck only five. Auto lift gate is really nice it's drives like a car. It's my second chev. SUV Thay cost alot. But we'll worth the money. I was looking at a four door pickup. But most didn't have a sun roof. And NONE. Had. DVD So the cost of a canopy. And DVD installed was $3400. Plus 43000.fir a truck For a few thousand more the suburban is a much better deal. The only problem I've had with looking for a new SUV. Is I live in Yakima Washington. And both time I had to go to another city to buy one. Yakima dealers Won't work with you. On finding what you want And that screw around with the pricing I went the Seattle the first time. And Wenatchee wa. The second time. Really nice dealership I'd go there again

5 X Buyer

by mhokc from Oklahoma on Thu Sep 05 2013

I bought my first Suburban in 1999 when they still made them under the GMC name. Later, I bought a 2002 Yukon XL and a 2007 Yukon XL. Traded in the 2007 for a 2010 Z71 4x4 Chevy Suburban. Liked the styling and amenities better than what I had had on the Yukons. I liked the 2010 Z71 so much that I bought a 2013 Z71 4x4 exactly like the 2010. So far, the 2013 has been every bit as good as the 2010 and maybe a little better. I'm converting the 2013 to run on natural gas and look forward to many years of dependable service. I've looked at a lot of SUVs over the past 14 years, and I haven't found any of them that meet my needs as well as the Suburban. I use it in my business which takes me into rural areas with unpaved roads. I like having the option of selecting either 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive. I also use it on family vacations, and there just aren't any other SUVs that have as much passenger and cargo space. I'll probably buy another one in 3-4 years.

Awesome family vehicle!

by Dan D. from Saint Paul, MN on Thu Nov 29 2018

This is the most comfortable vehicle we have ever owned! Make sure you get leather and heated seats, huge plus! We bought a 2013 in 2017, we only drive as a family on weekends and to pull our camper in the summer and fall. It does everything we need it to do, comfortably and in style, zero maintenance issues so far. Really couldn't ask for more, we will be buying another Suburban or Tahoe after this one for sure!

Suburban Love

by MrBeekeeper from London, KY on Mon Aug 27 2018

I have owned many Suburbans. I use them for travel and for work (I am a beekeeper). Tows great. Travels long distance comfortably. Decent fuel economy for the size.

Make squeaky noise when it's too cold, swerving.

by Nickholet from Waterbury, CT on Thu Jan 23 2020

Plenty of seat fit my family perfectly, children are comfortable with seating. Just which the dealership was honest. Still waiting for the dealership to fix my SUV this has been since July.

Engine needed replacing at 99K

by NoMoreChevys from Granite, Maryland on Wed May 13 2020

Its a beautiful piece of junk-holds a lot of people, very comfortable, unfortunately if the engine is crap that doesn't mean anything. An engine should last longer than 99K

Gets the job done

by Olivia from Rancho Cucamonga, CA on Sun Nov 03 2019

Great family car, has enough space for a family of 5 to pack for a week long vacation to San Francisco, reliable to get you anywhere

Great Vehicle

by winterwx from Iowa on Tue Oct 08 2013

This is the 2nd suburban we've bought. I love the size, amenities. Handles well, makes me feel safe that I have some vehicle around me on the road. Comfortable for both me and my jumbo husband, enough space for the grandkids and their stuff. Made for us!

Cheap

by Yurik from Los angeles on Sun Jan 05 2014

avoid do not buy! more sounds coming from interior than 1988 pick up truck. looks good but very cheaply made.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2013 Chevrolet Suburban

Editor’s note: This review was written in June 2012 about the 2012 Chevrolet Suburban. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2013, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Should SUVs such as the Chevrolet Suburban, a longer version of the Tahoe, be extinct? Faced with gas mileage in the teens, dimensions that hug both lines of a parking space and an outmatched V-8 that huffs more than it hauls, most shoppers will laugh their way to anything else. But for the few who need its capabilities, the Suburban has few peers.

For many, the 2012 Chevrolet Suburban is yesterday’s dinosaur, but if you need an... Read More