2002 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Reviews

3.6
Average based on 27 reviews

My 2002 Dodge Intrepid ES

by from Hensley, Arkansas on November 17, 2010

I bought my Intrepid brand new in 2002. I love it. I use it as a company car/personal car. It currently has over 148,000 mile's with no problems. The only thing I had to do was put freon in the AC.

Excellent cars

by from INDY on March 11, 2011

This car has an awesome mix of great gas mileage and V6 power when you need it. roomy trunk and back seats make it a very practicle car for the money.

PLEASANTLY SURPRISED

by from on November 22, 2008

OWNED ONE, BEST CAR I EVER HAD, LOOKING TO GET ANOTHER! EXCELLENT HANDLING CHARACTERISTICS, VERY COMFORTABLE, BETTER GAS MILEAGE THAN I EXPECTED. ROOMY ENOUGH FOR A FAMILY. SPORTY LOOKING.

The R/T's ROCK !

by from Albany, NY on June 2, 2008

I've never liked any FWD car before the Intrepid. This car feels and handles much more like a RWD, which it was designed to be (both FWD & RWD versions were originally planned). The looks & style are fantastic, and still look modern - and even futuristic - today. The favorite part, for me, is this is the BEST handling sedan in it's class, period. She's large. She's heavy. She's not the fastest - though very respectable at 7.9 sec. for 0-60 - but, with the way she can hold curves, nobody beats me in the twisties... with a sedan. And, for long trips, you can't beat the ride, either !

Dodge Scores a Home Run

by from Park Rapids, MN on May 27, 2008

The Intrepid is the best car i have ever owned. besides the fact that the seats can be a bit uncomfortable sometimes i give the intrepid 2 thumbs up

Great First Car!

by from Pennsylvania on July 1, 2012

Bought this car as my first car from my grandmother and I think it'll run for at least 10 more years (currently at 82k miles). It's the 3.5L engine, which are known to run perfectly, as opposed to the 2.7L.

Good Car

by from Westland,Mi on November 17, 2007

I got a 2002 in 2007 . So far this car is great the only thing that I've needed to do is replace the filters and it runs like new. I've had really bad cars in the past but this one is the best so far. but there is one problem with the car that I really hate it only has a cassette player:) come on who makes a 2002 and puts a cassette player. easy fix.

wish they still made it

by from novi, mi on January 8, 2012

I own a 2002 3.5L V6 Dodge Intrepid ES. Purchased new . It has been very reliable. Great style, sporty, fun to drive. Handles the road great in both dry and wet/snow pavement. Takes the bumps - though you can feel them. Have had NO problems with it. Gas mileage was just as they said it would be 18 city, 26 hwy. -which is good considering the size. Huge trunk - can fit my bike in it. IF THEY STILL MADE IT I WOULD BUY A NEW ONE!!

Great Car!

by from East Lansing, MI on March 8, 2007

I bought a used Intrepid SE with about 11,000 miles in January of 2003 and have had it since. Up until a year ago it was my commuter car and now is driven by my sons. It now (March '07) has 61,000 miles and has only recently needed front brakes and new tires. One minor repair under $70 of the blower resistor plus an air conditioner actuator replaced under warranty. The car is excellent on the highway, tracking faultlessly and getting over 30 mpg in sustained highway driving, about 25-26 in mixed driving. Lowest mileage has been about 18 mpg exclusively around town in very cold weather. The Intrepid is still as nice (or better) to drive than my new Dodge Magnum.

Only get the 3.5L v-6 if getting a Intrepid.

by from Alma, WI USA on January 6, 2013

Most of the Intrepid's that had the 2.7L and 3.2L engine went to rental car fleets, that's why that Engine/Transmission has so many problems, If you can find one, get the Intrepid with the 3.5L engine in the SXT or the R/T Models.