2002 Intrepid

2002 Dodge Intrepid

$98 - $5,914  MSRP Range
2002 Dodge Intrepid

3.7

Have You Driven the 2002 Dodge Intrepid?

Dodge Scores a Home Run

by Car Guy from Park Rapids, MN on Tue May 27 2008

The Intrepid is the best car i have ever owned. besides the fact that the seats can be a bit uncomfortable sometimes i give the intrepid 2 thumbs up

PLEASANTLY SURPRISED

by CAR ENTHISIAST from on Sat Nov 22 2008

OWNED ONE, BEST CAR I EVER HAD, LOOKING TO GET ANOTHER! EXCELLENT HANDLING CHARACTERISTICS, VERY COMFORTABLE, BETTER GAS MILEAGE THAN I EXPECTED. ROOMY ENOUGH FOR A FAMILY. SPORTY LOOKING.

The R/T's ROCK !

by Darkstar from Albany, NY on Mon Jun 02 2008

I've never liked any FWD car before the Intrepid. This car feels and handles much more like a RWD, which it was designed to be (both FWD & RWD versions were originally planned). The looks & style are fantastic, and still look modern - and even futuristic - today. The favorite part, for me, is this is the BEST handling sedan in it's class, period. She's large. She's heavy. She's not the fastest - though very respectable at 7.9 sec. for 0-60 - but, with the way she can hold curves, nobody beats me in the twisties... with a sedan. And, for long trips, you can't beat the ride, either !

Only get the 3.5L v-6 if getting a Intrepid.

by DodgeFreak13 from Alma, WI USA on Sun Jan 06 2013

Most of the Intrepid's that had the 2.7L and 3.2L engine went to rental car fleets, that's why that Engine/Transmission has so many problems, If you can find one, get the Intrepid with the 3.5L engine in the SXT or the R/T Models.

Does not recommend this car!!

First Dodge ever owned... LOVE IT

by Tek-Gyrl from Quantico Marine Base on Tue Jan 09 2018

I bought this car used last Thanksgiving of 2016 with 115,000 miles on it It currently has 178,000 miles on it and has only been in the shop 3 times (twice for suspension tie rod issues) and once for a brake line failure so I really cannot complain at all given the fact I have put 63,000 miles on it .... I have a fleet vehicle with the 3.5L Engine in it and she is fast. I think those who complain generally are the ones with the 2.7L engine and any web search (and the manual) will tell you every 75,000 miles you MUST replace the water pump (REGARDLESS) its called preventative maintenance> Any car that can take me racking up 50,000 miles on it in 1yr is a good used car in my opinion but remember it is ALWAYS about how your vehicle is maintained

Good Car

by love to drive from Westland,Mi on Sat Nov 17 2007

I got a 2002 in 2007 . So far this car is great the only thing that I've needed to do is replace the filters and it runs like new. I've had really bad cars in the past but this one is the best so far. but there is one problem with the car that I really hate it only has a cassette player:) come on who makes a 2002 and puts a cassette player. easy fix.

wish they still made it

by past spirit owner from novi, mi on Sun Jan 08 2012

I own a 2002 3.5L V6 Dodge Intrepid ES. Purchased new . It has been very reliable. Great style, sporty, fun to drive. Handles the road great in both dry and wet/snow pavement. Takes the bumps - though you can feel them. Have had NO problems with it. Gas mileage was just as they said it would be 18 city, 26 hwy. -which is good considering the size. Huge trunk - can fit my bike in it. IF THEY STILL MADE IT I WOULD BUY A NEW ONE!!

worst car ever!!!!!

by former interpid owner from Wylie, TX on Thu Oct 25 2012

got the car at 119k about a month later the struts go out and then that where it all started next you know the whole engine goes haywire id had the car for about 6 to 8 months when finally the engine gave out on me and left me stranded it had 135k on it i put around 3 to 5 gs on repairs and parts and now because of that I don't think I can trust dodge or get another dodge car

Does not recommend this car!!

BEST HANDLING & MOST COMFORTABLE CAR I EVER OWNED

by Car Browser from Herkimer County, NY on Wed Jan 22 2014

I purchased a used 2004 Intrepid SE which was loaded with options. This car is the best car I have ever driven. It handled curves and corners like you were on a straight away - never any fish tailing even on snow covered roads. I always called it my road hugger. As far as comfort and convenience as to where everything was located, it was the best. Another thing that I loved about this car was the paint on the car. It's 10 years old and does not have a speck of rust on it. I never had to put a penny into the car except for oil changes and a set of brakes. Then when the car hit over 100,000 miles, I decided I better get an additive for the radiator to keep it clean and also an oil additive to keep the motor clean. I also added a gas additive to keep the fuel injectors clean. Shortly after that, I developed a leak in the cooling system. The way it is designed, you could not crawl under the car and see where it was coming from. The coolant looked like it was dripping from everywhere underneath the hood. There are a lot of covers underneath the car to protect it from rusting out and it also caught the coolant and it dripped from there. I don't know if the problem was caused by the car itself or if it was all the things I added to the car fluids. At any rate, I still do not know, but the mechanic thinks it has a blown head gasket now and the car will not start. I love the car. I just don't know if I loved it too much by adding all the additives. I never had to do any repairs to the suspension or anything else and it has a 107,000 miles on it. I loved this car and I am having a hard time finding a car that I like that much. I felt so safe driving that car because of the way it squatted and hugged the road on the curves. I would recommend this car to anyone because it got me through many winters without slipping on the road. It was always dependable and never let me down until the end.

Donny Mills Auto Sales

by 2002 Dodge Intrepid from Tampa, FL on Wed Nov 26 2014

Donny Mills Auto Sales. Great purchase. Great value. Price was good. Miles were low. Car is in good condition. No complaints. Thank you.

1 2 3 4