2010 Dodge Journey consumer reviews

Explore the 2010 Dodge Journey
Shop the 2010 Dodge Journey
3.9

A couple problems

So I got a 2010 Dodge Journey SE FWD. Just now I got the brakes fixed, the calipers were starting to scratch other metal pieces, which whenever I broke it sounded like nails on a chalkboard, the other is the front windshield wipers start squeaking at 15 thousand miles for me, and I bought it new. I mean gas mileage is good but the 2.4L 4 cylinder is so so slow, and I tried to turn out of a place when other cars were going 45 i caught up at about 10 seconds. I was putting my whole foot on the gas. If you want good gas mileage and room, this is perfect, but if you want technology and power, look somewhere else.

3.5 Years of pure enjoyment

We purchased this R/T AWD loaded with about every option imaginable just after the 2011s came out. We got the 3.5L V6 which is not quite as good as the newer 3.6 in the later models. However, it has been trouble free an gets 24 to 25 MPG on the highway. Overall average mileage is 19 MPG. We had a Mercedes E350 4Matic we traded in on this Journey only because we like the SUV/Crossover type vehicle for comfort, ease of entering and exiting, versatility, and visibility. Not much out there any better than the Journey. I feel sorry for those that have reported problems with theirs because this is one fine vehicle. In all our years of driving (have been driving since 1958) we've not enjoyed any vehicle more that this one and we've literally had hundreds. Before we bought the Journey, we considered the Ford Edge and the Mazda CX9. The Mazda was the closest but a bit larger and more expensive. Didn't fit in our garage as well. That's it in a nutshell and I won't be surprised if this is our last car we own.

Prettiest Car I have owned

We recently purchased a 2010 Dodge Journey from Suburban. Jeff Lada was our salesman. He was great! Would go back.

Great 7 passenger vehicle

all the bells and whistles, easy to covert 2nd and 3rd row seating for cargo, great smooth ride and pickup, looks as good as it runs

4.4

Nice vehicle

Tires and brake have been a problem, and I think Chrysler knows it. They fixed mine under war. One of the best I have owned. I agree with the more positive reviews. I thought the 2011,2012 had a stiffer ride.

4.3

A Great Fit for Us

We wanted a car that seated 7 so we could use it to transport 4 grandchildren. This car exceeded our expectations. We recently transported 4 kids plus a friend along with school packs and still were able to stop at Costco for some shopping. Seems to hold more than its interior dimensions would indicate. The car has some clever interior design features.like a removable cooler built into the floor. The V6 and six speed automatic make it go down the road very nicely. Fuel mileage is within expectations. I would avoid the 4 cylinder engine For anyone shopping for a crossover SUV, check out the Dodge Journey.You might be pleasantly surprised as we were.

1.0

it not worth the trouble

it not worth the trouble of buying it or renting it the gas mpg is low between 13 and 19 mpg when it should be between 21 and 29 it never went above 19 mpg except 3x and all with the strong wind was at its bacdk. now the gas is so low its not worth driving except in emergencies. ths car which is a 4cyl should not be rated any stars AT ALL NO STARS but if must have then it should be 1 star/

Big Man Loves This Little Ride

So, I bought my 2010 Journey while in a pinch. My car was recently crushed by a Big Rig (yeah i know). So I must admit that I am a bit of DODGE loyalist. But its largely in part to this sweet little ride. I'm a pretty big man. 6'3 and around 330 bills. Guess what? I have plenty of room in this little ride. It fits my wife equally as well and she stands a mere 4'11". Quite a difference in height and size but the same conclusion. We love this mini suv. From the styling to power and understated interior room and flexibility this mini suv delivers where most are just geting started, and for the money, you cant beat it. We've put over 30K on this vehicle this year and still no real change in performance. Im interested to see how it will perform in the snow as we have the FWD option. Long story short. Great storage, great leg room, good performance, decent gas milage, and a whole lot of Fun to drive. I do wish the scecond row was a little further back and the third row real is only fit for anyone 12 and under. I actualy would prefer to lose the third row to gain the storage.

2.3

Never again....Last dodge i buy

We have had this vehicle for 1.5 yrs, it was purchased Dec 2010. it now has 26000 kms on it and it needs new front brakes. It has been in the shop twice now for engine problems, The vehicle will start to sputter and shake when accelerating, the check engine light comes on as well.. First time the dealer said the throttle body needed cleaning, they did this and cleared the engine light and all was well for about 6 hours.. It has now been in the shop for 11 days, they are saying it has a bad cylinder, so they need to go in and replace it. They have been no help at all. took three days for them to get me a rental car to use. Thank god i bought the 7 year 160,000 bumper to bumper warranty. Would not recommend this model year.

Good value

Bought this SUV two months ago. Needed something that is all wheel drive to get to work in the winter. It has all the features I want, is roomy and the gas mileage is pretty good...approx 26 mpg. It has minimal blind spots for a SUV. I feel safe when driving this vehicle.