2010 Dodge Journey consumer reviews

side view of 2010 Journey Dodge
Explore the 2010 Dodge Journey
Shop the 2010 Dodge Journey
1.9

I was driving a death trap.

This car was beyond scary to drive in. At all hours of the day, driving or not driving, this car would honk on it's own and I mean lay down the horn. Within 1 month of owning it I began experiencing start up issues, it wouldn't even try to turn over (just a click noise when turning the key) for 15 to 20 minutes at a time and then magically decided to turn on at some point. We found multiple forums of people with this issue and decided to try keeping it in neutral when this would happen, I'd say 50% of the time it worked. I then began experience more terrifying issues on the road, I live outside of DC in terrible traffic that comes from 65 to a stop in seconds sometimes, brakes that are good are a must. The brakes started to have a lag in response, 3 whole seconds to start slowing down after applying full pressure. When this would happen my power steering would shut off completely so I had no control to steer out of the way if I was about to hit someone because the brakes didnt work. I took it in multiple times for all of these issues, none were solved. I brought it to a Dodge/Chrysler dealership and left it for a week, called every day, and was continually told the engine specialist was still diagnosing it. Finally a whole week goes by and my husband called, employee placed him on "hold" to get the engine specialist, except he forgot to place him on hold, we heard a whole conversation about how they dont have a specialist, that they weren't sure how much longer they could stall not looking at the vehicle because they knew it had an issue, but Dodge wouldn't allow them to fix it. They never once saw my car and I was without a vehicle for a week. They got on the phone and my husband informed the manager we heard everything and he told us to come get the car, they weren't going to look at it. Traded it in and am still paying for it because I couldn't afford to wait to declare it a lemon or move forward with legal action. I needed a safe car for my travels. There are tons of forums of people with the same and even worse scenarios and the dealers never help them. The recalls on this vehicle dont fix the issues.

An 8 seater converts into a 5 seater so I love it.

Is confortable it drives like a truck, it looks like a SUV and it fits 8 passenger like a Mini Van. I Love it! No regrets!

3.4

OK I guess

2010 Dodge Journey SXT AWD 49,650 miles, New rotors and pads all around (old ones warped); Horn assembly replaced has engine ticking which is "normal" for Dodge so says the Dealers. If I can keep it out the autos hop, it rides great though and sits comfortably with infinity system a 6 passenger seating. Hate to trade it...

My experience with my new car.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a car in my price range, that was up to my standards. It?s in very good condition, and rides very smoothly.

graceful body design, lots of cool features

This car is a wonderful blend of sleek styling, handy features and cargo space. Good gas mileage, electric windows, height adjustable driver seat and electronic locking and ignition

Great value and features

I bought this vehicle 12\2017 enjoying the ride options and features glad I choose this vehicle for me and the family awd family Package

4.0

Dodge Journy

This car Dodge Journey 2010 is nicely equipped and is a value for the money.It has four doors.Air bags tilt telescopic wheel Alloys 17 inch tires.It has a nice entertainment system a cd a cell phone Sirius radio Rear hatch intermittant wipers rear defog cruise control. This vehicle has a nice power plant equipped a 6 cylinder motor an automatic transmission anti lock brakes It should have a good safety rating and a good crash rating.It should have a good mpg rating and this car should last long.

3.9

It was a good small suv

It was a good small SUV, didn't have a lot of problems with it. I had it for 6yrs before someone hit me in an accident that totalled the truck.

4.3

Great All-Around People Mover

Functionally, this is a minivan, but without the stigma associated with the sliding doors. With seating for 7 and a ton of space inside, this vehicle was great on a 7000 mile road trip a few years back. Whether driving across the plains, or up in the Rockies, the V-6 in the R/T never left us disappointed. There are many surprise places to store this, that, and everything else. The only downside is the brakes needing replacement more frequently than the average vehicle. It turns out that Dodge put on rotors that are a bit too small for a vehicle of this size which leads to increased wear on the pads and rotors. On the plus side, I have now learned how to do my own brakes in just a couple hours and save a ton of money compared to taking it to a mechanic. All in all, it's a great and versatile vehicle.

I bought a Dodge Journey

I test drove it, and bought it with the helpful knowledge of Doug & Victor at Chelmsford Street Auto Sales. Wonderful to meet an Honest, Friendly, Knowledgeable & Funny Professional who truly cares for their customers.