2005 Ford Crown Victoria consumer reviews

side view of 2005 Crown Victoria Ford
Explore the 2005 Ford Crown Victoria
4.0

Fast to drive

The exterior styling is ubiquitous cop/cab. The interior is roomy but there's nothing fancy in there. The plastic looks okay. Generally speaking, these cars have no amenities-mine has air and a four speaker am/fm stereo plus power windows and locks. No cruise, compass, climate control, remote entry, automatic headlights, leather, console. it's stripped. HOWEVER, if you've always wanted to drive a car with an unbelievalbe engine/transmission/suspension package, buy a CV Police interceptor. When it comes to handling, this car is ridiculously good. it's frankly indescribably in words. You have to drive it to appreciate it. An old cop car is indeed a driver's dream. It's a $4,000 car with a $40,000 suspension system. If that's what you're looking for, this car is for you. Plus when maintained, they run forever. I just hope gas stays below $4.00 a gallon.

Fast, furious, and built like a tank

If you're looking for a car to drive 300,000+ miles, you've found your vehicle. I have the HPP model (dual exhaust 3.27 gears, bigger sway bars, heavier springs, and rear air suspension). I installed a Marauder intake and MAF along with a police interceptor zip tube with a Xcalibrator tune from Blue Oval Chips. The car FLIES and handles. Seats 6, easily eats 800 miles a day with ease. I get 26mpg on the highway and average around 18 in the city. The regular model has 2.73 gears and gets almost 30 on the highway. Oh, and the car has presence on the road. People are very courteous to me on the road (here in Washington, DC). I think it's a conditioned response because they're used to submitting to the authority of a police car. I LOVE this car.

Low Budget Luxury

I Test Drove several cars before I got to the Ford Focus. I didn't even want to test drive it, because I wasn't looking for what I considered to be an economy car. My car has leather interior, heated mirrors and seats, a 6 disc changer and mp3 player, and lots of other cool things all for under $20,000. I've had the car for about 2 years, and I don't have any complaints. This is an excellent vehicle if you like nice things, and you're on a budget.