2011 Edge

2011 Ford Edge

2011 Ford Edge

4.5

Have You Driven the 2011 Ford Edge?

2011 Ford Edge SEL

by Ford Fan from West TN on Thu Mar 15 2012

I traded in my F150 for a 2011 Edge SEL because I didn't need a truck anymore, and I wanted something my wife could drive. It has been a big change for me, but I haven't regretted it after several months of ownership. The Edge drives like a luxury sedan compared to a truck. The 3.5L has alot of power and acceleration. I have been getting alot of compliments from my friends and coworkers that are unfamiliar with the Edge. Alot of the negative reviews you see online are about problems with MyFord Touch. I saw the reviews and bought an Edge without MFT on purpose to avoid any potential problems. I wish the Edge sat up a little bit higher, but that would probably lower my MPG. I've been getting an average of 24 mpg in the city. This is a great SUV! If I had to purchase again, I would either buy this or the new Explorer if it was a little bit cheaper.

Awesome Ride

by Soccerdad from Kansas City MO on Wed Sep 14 2011

Bought my wife a 2011 Edge Limited with all the options. This vehicle is the bomb. Everybody stares at it (or maybe at my wife). She is a wizard and has the sync technology down pat. There is lots of room insidethis vehicke for a moderated sized family of 4 and the interior feels wide and long. The seats are VERY comfortable. Not so in the Cadillac SUV. The sunroof is amazing, I love the 20" Perrilli's, the kids love the interior lighting (purple right now), the weather radar built in with nav is killer, Sound system is better than my Benz for sure, recommend the pushbutton start. I'll tell you what you will be satisfied even with the less expensive models like SE. Have fun!

very impressed

by stewdog from Rockford, IL on Sat Dec 25 2010

Bought the car in September and have been very impressed with it so far. The MyFord Touch has been fun to figure out and play with. Comfrotable ride and the interior and exterior are nice. The hazard button is a bit awkwardly placed as it is easily activated while using the touch screen but you get ysed to it pretty quickly. Overall, nice vehicle with lots of extras for the money.

great vehicle

by skyediver from on Sun Jul 24 2011

I was going for the Escape V6 but checked it out and did not like it. I steped up to the Edge and I loved it. Trust me if you want the escape you are better off spending a couple thousand more on the Edge unless you are considering a hybrid. I had it for about a month and I still love it them same way I drove off the dealer lot. Compared to the cheaper Escape it handles very well and the interior is very good. The performance is excellent but takes time getting used to. I have lots of headroom and im pretty tall. I first test drove that V6 Escape and it was downshifting alot. I would expect that from the 4 cylinder but the salesperson said it was due to being a 6-speed automatic transmission, well the Ford Edge has a 6-speed as well and theres no downshifting and its also because it has 45 more horsepower. plus the sound system is better anyway so go for the Edge.

Outstanding Vehicle

by Retired from NE OK on Fri Apr 20 2012

Quiet, smooth, great mileage for a V6 (20+ city, 26-27 hwy). SYNC works great, you can do so many things by voice command. We have the SEL.

Love the new Toy

by New Toy from Elgin, IL on Thu Mar 17 2011

Ford really hit the nail on the head with this vehicle. I got the Black Sport and everyone just loves it, its roomy, rides nice, handles great and turns heads.

Love the Edge

by Ford Believer again from Los Angeles on Mon Oct 10 2011

We purchased the Edge Limted FWD for my wife who is in love with it. This Cross over drives like a car but has the power of a truck. Its pick up is amazing on the highway. The technology behind the car is great as well the only thing i wish ford would have done is put in a built in harddrive but since she can sync (no pun intended) to her droid or ipod it doesnt make a different. The ride is amazing as well we live in southern California where no matter where you turn their is a speed bump the Edge takes them and you barely feel it.

Ford Edge Limited

by Knows what she wants! from Wisconsin on Tue Oct 07 2014

This is my 2nd Ford Edge I have owned and this time I got exactly what I wanted from the paint color to interior color. It has everything I've ever wanted. This vehicle makes me feel safe on the road with also sporting class and style. I would recommend anyone wanting a great vehicle for their family, they should most definitely take a look a this SUV. #nolongerjustachevygirl

Really nice vehicle

by Ford Man from Midlothian, VA on Sat Jan 04 2014

I have owned 6 Fords and this one makes my 7th. I have always been a fan but the Edge AWD is a very comfortable and well done vehicle. I recommend this car for anyone who requires versatility and comfort. Ford has really great job on their products in the last 5 years.

FORD EDGE LIMITED 2011

by GABE from on Sun Apr 23 2017

I LOVE THIS CAR. PERFECT COMMUTER. NO PROBLEMS IN OVER 100K MILES. STILL DRIVES LIKE A DREAM. FORD MADE IT RIGHT. ILL BUY A NEW ON IN A HEARTH BEAT.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Our Take on the 2011 Ford Edge

Late last summer, I became the owner of a hand-me-down iPhone 3G, eager at the prospect of a touch-screen, app-filled universe. In short order, I joined legions of iPhone sufferers with a device that can do almost anything except make a clear phone call.

While there's plenty to like about the 2011 Ford Edge, its electronics remind me of my not-so-smart phone: bedazzling in theory, befuddling in practice.

Ford's popular five-seat crossover got a lot of worthwhile upgrades for 2011, including an improved interior, a spiffed-up Sport trim and better gas mileage. But the Edge and its Lincoln MKX sibling are the pioneers in Ford's aggressive push toward touch-screen controls, and their version 1.0 is... Read More