2011 Ford Edge

2011 Ford Edge SEL

by from West TN on March 15, 2012

I traded in my F150 for a 2011 Edge SEL because I didn't need a truck anymore, and I wanted something my wife could drive. It has been a big change for me, but I haven't regretted it after several months of ownership. The Edge drives like a luxury sedan compared to a truck. The 3.5L has alot of power and acceleration. I have been getting alot of compliments from my friends and coworkers that are unfamiliar with the Edge. Alot of the negative reviews you see online are about problems with MyFord Touch. I saw the reviews and bought an Edge without MFT on purpose to avoid any potential problems. I wish the Edge sat up a little bit higher, but that would probably lower my MPG. I've been getting an average of 24 mpg in the city. This is a great SUV! If I had to purchase again, I would either buy this or the new Explorer if it was a little bit cheaper.

Awesome Ride

by from Kansas City MO on September 14, 2011

Bought my wife a 2011 Edge Limited with all the options. This vehicle is the bomb. Everybody stares at it (or maybe at my wife). She is a wizard and has the sync technology down pat. There is lots of room insidethis vehicke for a moderated sized family of 4 and the interior feels wide and long. The seats are VERY comfortable. Not so in the Cadillac SUV. The sunroof is amazing, I love the 20" Perrilli's, the kids love the interior lighting (purple right now), the weather radar built in with nav is killer, Sound system is better than my Benz for sure, recommend the pushbutton start. I'll tell you what you will be satisfied even with the less expensive models like SE. Have fun!

very impressed

by from Rockford, IL on December 25, 2010

Bought the car in September and have been very impressed with it so far. The MyFord Touch has been fun to figure out and play with. Comfrotable ride and the interior and exterior are nice. The hazard button is a bit awkwardly placed as it is easily activated while using the touch screen but you get ysed to it pretty quickly. Overall, nice vehicle with lots of extras for the money.

great vehicle

by from on July 24, 2011

I was going for the Escape V6 but checked it out and did not like it. I steped up to the Edge and I loved it. Trust me if you want the escape you are better off spending a couple thousand more on the Edge unless you are considering a hybrid. I had it for about a month and I still love it them same way I drove off the dealer lot. Compared to the cheaper Escape it handles very well and the interior is very good. The performance is excellent but takes time getting used to. I have lots of headroom and im pretty tall. I first test drove that V6 Escape and it was downshifting alot. I would expect that from the 4 cylinder but the salesperson said it was due to being a 6-speed automatic transmission, well the Ford Edge has a 6-speed as well and theres no downshifting and its also because it has 45 more horsepower. plus the sound system is better anyway so go for the Edge.

Love the Edge

by from Los Angeles on October 10, 2011

We purchased the Edge Limted FWD for my wife who is in love with it. This Cross over drives like a car but has the power of a truck. Its pick up is amazing on the highway. The technology behind the car is great as well the only thing i wish ford would have done is put in a built in harddrive but since she can sync (no pun intended) to her droid or ipod it doesnt make a different. The ride is amazing as well we live in southern California where no matter where you turn their is a speed bump the Edge takes them and you barely feel it.

Love the new Toy

by from Elgin, IL on March 17, 2011

Ford really hit the nail on the head with this vehicle. I got the Black Sport and everyone just loves it, its roomy, rides nice, handles great and turns heads.

Outstanding Vehicle

by from NE OK on April 20, 2012

Quiet, smooth, great mileage for a V6 (20+ city, 26-27 hwy). SYNC works great, you can do so many things by voice command. We have the SEL.

Luv My Edge SEL

by from Millersville,MD on October 10, 2011

I bought my Edge SEL at the end of May 2011 and have been in love with it since. The ride is solid and extremely comfortable whether you are the driver or the passenger. My Edge SEL is one step short of the limited model. The leather seats are beautiful. The navigation has been very helpful on several occasions and I swore I didn't need a GPS. I don't have the moon roof, but I don't miss it either. My only concerns are with the MyTouch getting stuck on occasion and there is no punching the gas to get around slow traffic (the engine grinds like it is in the wrong gear). My husband now knows he has to ease into passing slow pokes...this could be a safety feature...who knows? These two things don't take away from how pleased I am with my crossover. I love-love-love it!

Excellent Vehicle

by from Cincinnati, Ohio on January 14, 2015

I purchased a 2011 Ford Edge SEL AWD with 64K miles about a month ago. It replaced a 1996 Chevy Tahoe with about 300K miles that was finally starting to show it's age. (so far, the best truck I've owned)Since then, I've put about 2000 miles on the Edge and am really enjoying it. I really like the handling, its very tight and agile. It has great traction in everything from snow to dry pavement. The brakes are GREAT! Acceleration is good too. It really puts the sport in SUV. Gas mileage has been pretty close to the ratings. Instrumentation and controls are well placed and easy to use. Other things I like are the storage space under the rear deck around the spare tire, the large flat cargo space with the rear seats folded down, and a lift gate that really works. All of the routine maintenance items are located where they can be easily accessed. On the other side, a few minor issues. The standard drivers side seat is good, but my wife doesn't think the passenger seat fits her very well. There's less storage space that's accessible from the drivers seat. The center console takes up a lot of room and the storage compartment in it is awkward to get into. I miss having full engine instrumentation. Engine temperature is all you get, and only if you select it on the center display. All in all, I think this vehicle really fits my needs well and I'm really happy with it. It's a lot of fun to drive and it can still haul a lot of stuff.

Sophisticated and good economy

by from Plymouth, MA on April 17, 2012

The vehicles technology is sophisticated and easy to use. To date, ecomony is in the range of 22.8 around town, abd 26.2 on the highway. Very nice!

Our Expert Review: 2011 Ford Edge