2011 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

4.4
Average based on 56 reviews

awsome vehicle!

by from long island, ny on January 5, 2011

we bought a '11 edge this new years eve, and though we've had it a short amount of time, it had an imediate impact on me! the design is phenominal as well as the interior. rides like my mercedes only 25 grand less! awsome gas mileage, as well as comfort. The myford touch takes time to get used to but its still really nifty! id recomend this vehicle to the following: EVERYONEE!!!

Good but needs minor improvement!

by from Utica, MI on November 16, 2010

Good mileage, not as good of a ride as I expected, SYNC needs improvement--it's easier to manually change whatever it is you want rather than figuring out how to properly say what you want to get it done! A few little things that really were not thought out.

2011 Ford Edge SEL

by from West TN on March 15, 2012

I traded in my F150 for a 2011 Edge SEL because I didn't need a truck anymore, and I wanted something my wife could drive. It has been a big change for me, but I haven't regretted it after several months of ownership. The Edge drives like a luxury sedan compared to a truck. The 3.5L has alot of power and acceleration. I have been getting alot of compliments from my friends and coworkers that are unfamiliar with the Edge. Alot of the negative reviews you see online are about problems with MyFord Touch. I saw the reviews and bought an Edge without MFT on purpose to avoid any potential problems. I wish the Edge sat up a little bit higher, but that would probably lower my MPG. I've been getting an average of 24 mpg in the city. This is a great SUV! If I had to purchase again, I would either buy this or the new Explorer if it was a little bit cheaper.

very impressed

by from Rockford, IL on December 25, 2010

Bought the car in September and have been very impressed with it so far. The MyFord Touch has been fun to figure out and play with. Comfrotable ride and the interior and exterior are nice. The hazard button is a bit awkwardly placed as it is easily activated while using the touch screen but you get ysed to it pretty quickly. Overall, nice vehicle with lots of extras for the money.

Awesome Ride

by from Kansas City MO on September 14, 2011

Bought my wife a 2011 Edge Limited with all the options. This vehicle is the bomb. Everybody stares at it (or maybe at my wife). She is a wizard and has the sync technology down pat. There is lots of room insidethis vehicke for a moderated sized family of 4 and the interior feels wide and long. The seats are VERY comfortable. Not so in the Cadillac SUV. The sunroof is amazing, I love the 20" Perrilli's, the kids love the interior lighting (purple right now), the weather radar built in with nav is killer, Sound system is better than my Benz for sure, recommend the pushbutton start. I'll tell you what you will be satisfied even with the less expensive models like SE. Have fun!

great vehicle

by from on July 24, 2011

I was going for the Escape V6 but checked it out and did not like it. I steped up to the Edge and I loved it. Trust me if you want the escape you are better off spending a couple thousand more on the Edge unless you are considering a hybrid. I had it for about a month and I still love it them same way I drove off the dealer lot. Compared to the cheaper Escape it handles very well and the interior is very good. The performance is excellent but takes time getting used to. I have lots of headroom and im pretty tall. I first test drove that V6 Escape and it was downshifting alot. I would expect that from the 4 cylinder but the salesperson said it was due to being a 6-speed automatic transmission, well the Ford Edge has a 6-speed as well and theres no downshifting and its also because it has 45 more horsepower. plus the sound system is better anyway so go for the Edge.

Love the new Toy

by from Elgin, IL on March 17, 2011

Ford really hit the nail on the head with this vehicle. I got the Black Sport and everyone just loves it, its roomy, rides nice, handles great and turns heads.

Outstanding Vehicle

by from NE OK on April 20, 2012

Quiet, smooth, great mileage for a V6 (20+ city, 26-27 hwy). SYNC works great, you can do so many things by voice command. We have the SEL.

Sophisticated and good economy

by from Plymouth, MA on April 17, 2012

The vehicles technology is sophisticated and easy to use. To date, ecomony is in the range of 22.8 around town, abd 26.2 on the highway. Very nice!

Everything but the Kitchen "SYNC"

by from Phoenix, AZ on October 1, 2011

Bought our EDGE in May 2011. From day 1 we have LOVED the ride Quality. It feels like an S Class MB. We are averaging 24 MPG combo driving city and Highway, which is great compared to our the 13 MPG we were getting in our Expedition. But here is the downside which we had heard were issues in this vehicle before we bought it and were assured by the Dealer and Ford that all the bugs had been worked out. The SYNC system by Microsoft. First off my concern was with Microsoft, as every computer product I have ever owned with Microsoft programming has issues....and this SYNC system turned out to be no different. At first the SYNC would turn off as you were driving and reset itself. This would happen once a week or so. When we took the Edge into the Dealer, they would reset the system. Two days after our second visit to the dealer the SYNC went out and has never come back. The dealer said "FORD is working with Microsoft on a fix, but as of now FORD nor MICROSOFT, have any IDEAs on how to fix this problem". There time estimate for us to be without the perks that we are paying to have and use....4 to 5 MONTHS. Suggestion to FORD...Everything in your line up is great, but why did you cut quality in the Entertainment area by going with MICROSOFT. Even if it adds a little cost, but it works, upgrade to APPLE, GARMEN, something with a quality track record, etc. I've been a very Loyal FORD supporter...three F150's three Mustangs, a Probe, a Taurus and an Expedition....but if they don't make this right. I won't buy another FORD again. Lastly, why do they call it Customer service when you're happy, but when you're not happy, it's just lip service, as they don't want to do what it takes to make you happy!