2022 Ford Escape consumer reviews

$27,185–$28,685 MSRP range
side view of 2022 Escape Ford
Explore the 2022 Ford Escape
Shop the 2022 Ford Escape

A great car that could be even better.

I've had my car about 3 weeks. I really like it. There are a few small mistakes that keep it from a perfect five. The door pull to close the door is just an opening. It should be a small pocket, perfect for a ChapStick or a few quarters or whatever. The cup holders have small arms meant to hold a smaller cup or keep a cup secure I guess. They are hinged at the bottom so they are very annoying and difficult to put larger cups in the holder. They should be hinged at the top. The power windows are only automatic down, you must hold the switch the entire way up. When you touch the spot on the outside door handle to lock the car there should be a 4-5 second delay before the automatic unlock activates. That would allow you to check and confirm the car is locked. Small things, but things that could be done better to make the car even better.

My 2022 Ford Escape

I like the car a lot, and would recommend it to anyone looking for that type of vehicle. It has the space I'm looking for, the comfort is very good. I really like the fact that I can repeat and archive songs that I like on the radio. One thing I don't care for is the "Dial" shifter, I'm still getting used to it, but just don't like it, I like a Stick shifter in the center console or the steering column. Other than that, I'm very pleased with he car, it has plenty of get up and go while still being good on Gas, I'd buy another one.

Great Features & Awesome Gas Mileage on the Hybrid

I purchased a 2022 Ford Escape SE Hybrid. I cannot say enough good things about it. First off, it was one of the few new hybrid vehicles that were actually available. So, kudos to Ford for having things in the pipeline. I love the interior design and all the features it offers. The touch screen is a perfect size and the seats are quite comfortable. The SUV offers a smooth ride with standard AWD on the hybrid models. The best part is the MPG. I took a trip down and back from NY to NC and got 42 MPG driving at the speed limit. I am so impressed. It is saving me a ton of money on gas. I would highly recommend you check out this vehicle. And, if you need a slightly larger SUV, Ford offers the Edge in a hybrid model as well.

2.6

Don't make my mistake!

I replaced my 2014 Escape with a 2022 and do I regret it! The driver's seat is so uncomfortable and pathetic. It does not move up & down or forward & backward for driver comfort. It "angles" towards the steering wheel and away from it for entry or exit. There is no "grab handle" to aid the driver if needed while there is one on the passenger's side. The seat belt "strangles" me while driving. I regret buying it!!

Great mid size SUV

Great pick up with the turbo, average 30 MPG , the ride is good, it’s not a Cadillac, interior is very good , controls good, good size screen , electronics very good .