2006 Escape Hybrid

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid

4.4

Have You Driven the 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid?

102,000 Miles and Still Running Strong as Ever!

by Rob from Dover, DE on Sat Jul 24 2010

I've owned my Escape Hybrid for 4 years now and currently have over 102,000 maintenance free miles without so much as a hiccup. I've owned many many cars, trucks and SUV's and i've got to admit being my first hybrid i was kind of skeptacle about all the hype about them, i couldnt of been more wrong though. The Escape not only gets excellent gas mileage, it's been extremely reliable and looks great too. The interior is well built and holds up to the day to day abuse and the exterior has held up equally as well. I was more suprised at how maintenance friendly it has been. Being a hybrid you would think there would be a LOT of up keep and constant checking of hybrid components but there really isn't. There is a small battery filter in the back cargo area that you have to change about 2 times a year (costs about 15-20 depending on where you go), and just keep up with the oil changes and preventative maintenance. Couldn't believe the brake pads held up for 87,000 miles and the rear are still original after 102K! The automatic 4X4 works great in the snow, you don't have to think about when to turn it on or off it automatically engages when one of the tires slips and turns off when you regain traction. The onboard computer tells you when you need to change your oil, if a headlight or tail light buld burns out, has a full system check, and displays your average MPG, Battery Charge Amount, and much more. Overall it's been an great SUV and i plan on keeping it for at least another 100,000 miles. Plenty of room for groceries, bikes, camping gear, or whatever you need. Great for those that want to save money at the pump but don't want to sacrifice features, room, and styling (couldn't see myself in a prius ;-) ). Ford definitely hit a homerun with this one. If you're looking at buying a used one don't get nervous about buying one with high mileage, they use these as the NYC taxi's now and their first fleet of them was turned in last year and none of them had any major repairs after over 300,000 miles (Can check it out on Ford's site) and that's 300K of the hardest miles you could possibly put on a vehicle. 2 Thumbs up Ford!

I love my 2006 Escape Hybrid

by Hoot from Kentucky on Tue Jan 13 2009

I did alot of research before we got our Escape Hybrid. I found so many positive reviews both from owners and others.. I love it. Its winter here so my milage is lower than it will be in the summer. The milage goes down when you use the defrost or defrost/floor settings. It has gotten as 26 mpg city so far. It is comfortable and easy on the eye. We couldnt afford a new one and I am tickled to death with the 06 we found on cars.com. I bought the extended warranty and the dealer knocked some off of the cost on the warranty. I would highly recommend it to anyone that wants a 4WD SUV that is comfy and gets great mpg...

Wow! These things do get great gas mileage....

by EV enthusiast from Washington State on Sun May 18 2008

I was averaging around 31mpg mostly in town for my 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid 4x4. Taking it out of town and onto the highway creeps the average up to over 34.5mpg. The hybrid version is definitely worth the money. Driving all electric at slow speeds is very cool. I bought it used with 45K miles and it has held up well. It looks like it is still brand new. The quality is great and the ride is smooth. The navigation is a little quirky, but works well and gets you where you want go. I especially like being able to find any kind of restaurant with the touch of a button. There have been posts about the escape hybrid not getting the posted mpg, but I have this vehicle and no matter how you drive it will get 31 mpg or better! All we need now is a plug-in version.I have been very pleased with my purchase and thought I should leave a review about my experience thus far.

Reliable Hybrid

by Alpinelite27 from Victoria, BC Canada on Wed Nov 16 2016

Quite enjoyable ride. this unit has over 180,000 kms on it, very good condition, mechanics overall impression was very favorable. Brakes looked original with over 80 % pads still left as the braking on the hybrid sends energy back to the battery, before actually having to make pad contact to brake the vehicle to a stop. With careful driving skills, I have no problem getting 36-39 mpg, especially with all the intown driving that i do every day on a 40 km commute. When purchasing the vehicle, the only key fob was actually worn out. I bought 2 replacement fobs on Amazon.ca , recieved them 4 days later, programmed in less than 45 seconds, and im off to the races! Excellent value, cannot be more impressed, so much so, that i am now looking for another one for my wife. Happy motoring.

Great vehicle for the snow / Hybrid is great too!!

by Electric car enthusiast from Seattle, WA on Tue Dec 23 2008

I bought the Ford Escape All wheel drive this past spring used. This vehicle has been outstanding since we bought it. It seems to get better with time. The snow has been terrible this winter in the Seattle area. The AWD Escape's performance in the snow has prompted me to write a review on how well it performed. We were able to drive over unplowed roads with no problems. I want to say that again, no problems. The AWD is always on and you never know that it is on except the vehicle performs outstanding. Everyone and I mean everyone was having difficulty in the snow , but we went through the snow and over hills without any slippage. We have the stock Mud/snow tires on it as well if you were wondering. Overall a great value and oh yea the hybrid is great too. The mileage does go down considerably in the winter time, especially if you have short trips. The engine stays on if the temps outside are very cold. We average 34 mpg in the summer, but as low as 24 in the very cold winters. I am very happy that we purchased this vehicle. Looking forward to buying a PHEV in the future and Ford will probably have my business again. Anyone that needs AWD for the cold winters - trust me this vehicle is worth a look!

I love it.

by Sensible SUV from Chicago, IL on Tue Aug 02 2011

This vehicle was a real change of pace for me in style, brand, and size... but after 3 months, all I can say is that I have been very very happy with it. Originally I wanted a newer model year, but I'm very happy with this one -- and I'm sure I'll keep it for a few years (and have already started thinking about eventually getting a newer model Escape Hybrid.) It has abundant versatility along with a smooth ride and decent comfort. I get all the "utility" I wanted, plus it still drives beautifully on the highway. I get more than double the city mileage than I did with my previous, smaller SUV, and significantly higher highway mileage too. I wish I would have become a believer years earlier! (The money I could have saved on gas!)

Wonderful car !

by Connie from New York, NY on Sun Jun 29 2014

I have a Ford 2006 escape hybrid 4WD, running almost 19000 mileages now....Thanks God, Thanks Ford !

Got what I was looking for.

by Tri from Seattle, WA on Sun Sep 30 2007

Before this I owned a V8 Jeep Cherokee so I was supprised by how much power I got out of the escape when I test drove it. For the first 5000 miles this car only got about 26MPG when it was rated at 31-36MPG. Now I'm at nearly 20000 miles and it reads 32.8MPG. I guess the engine gets more efficiant with time. I do have a few small complaints. The passanger airbag says it's off half the time no matter how heavy the person sitting there is, and the trunk mat that lays over the battery slides all over when I put heavy things back there. If I could go back I would have bought the 4 wheel drive version.

This car is great and I certainly did not expect F

by Margoround from Tucson AZ on Thu Aug 16 2018

Great ride, quiet, fast, fuel efficient, comfortable, easy to drive with tight turn radius, great visibility, it's a smaller SUV that surpassed my expectations. I hate Ford's and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality.

Great Car, Dependable

by Toolman59 from Anderson, SC on Thu Aug 10 2017

I've owned this little SUV since 2010. It's been very reliable, comfortable, and great on gas milage. Never had any problems with the High Voltage Battery! Basically I've changed the oil, routine maintenance, and replaced the tires, and battery. I now have 214,000 miles on the car and it's still running strong.

1 2