NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2012 F-150

2012 Ford F-150

2012 Ford F-150

4.5

Have You Driven the 2012 Ford F-150?

best selling VEHICLE 34 years for a reason!

by texasguy214 from Dallas texas on Tue May 29 2012

ABSOLUTELY love my 2012 XLT supercrew! I find any excuse to drive it and cant wait to get up in the morning for work JUST to drive it to work! This truck is SOLID yet has a car like ride. It makes you feel like you can do anything with it. I bought the truck with the base motor 3.7 V6... If you are looking at this motor KNOW that it does NOT get the advertised MPG until its fairly broken in. I was getting about 18 average when i first got it. Knowing a few things about cars I knew its a small motor for a 6,000lb truck so i figured it had to work a little harder. Now at 10,000 miles and I am averaging right at 20MPG which im fine with, hoping it goes a little higher. On a flat road this truck WILL SCREAM... getting you to 60 in about 6.9 seconds. Not bad for a small motor in a heavy truck. This engine is perfect and sounds really good. You cannot tell this motor is a V6 unless you give it a big hill or a steep incline. So if you are going to want to get the truck for just hauling 6 people around or a few loads back and fourth to home depot... its perfect! Anything more I would opt for the eco boost or V8. Other than that its the little engine that could! Love the truck my family has owned Ford trucks for decades and have done nothing but routine maintenance. No other truck can compare thats why this truck has been the best selling VEHICLE for 34 years! Get an F-150. 10 years and 200,000 miles down he road you will be glad you did! A wise investment indeed.

Most reliable and comfortable vehicle I've owned.

by geezler from Tacoma, WA on Sun Nov 25 2018

I ordered this truck from a local dealer in 2012 so it has everything I ever wanted in a truck . I use this truck as a commuter vehicle, driving approximately 70 miles per day, and as my weekend tow vehicle to pack up the family and get out camping. The 3.5l eco-boost motor is a beast when it comes to towing. It out performs ALL the chevy trucks, with their V8 engines, that I have owned in the past. The gas mileage during my daily commute ranges from 16 to 21 miles per gallon depending on the traffic. When towing my 22' travel trailer it will get between 8 and 10 miles per gallon depending on the amount of hills we need to climb. And did I mention - this turbo charged V6 engine has NO Problems pulling the fully loaded trailer up the steepest mountain passes at/or above the posted speed limit. The truick currently has 135,000 miles on her and is still running strong.

Turned me into a Ford Guy

by Rick from Burlington, Ontario on Sun Nov 11 2012

I have owned my 2012 F-150 XLT Supercab 3.7 V6 for about 6 weeks now,and have about 3000KMs (1800 miles) opn it and l must say l love the truck and everything about it. It rides great, very comfortable, the truck looks great. Very high quality truck. The 3.7 has ample power for what l bought it for. I drive it pretty easy, and l get 16 mpg (U.S. gallon) if its all city stop and go, and between 20-21 with about 75% highway (65-70MPH) and the rest city (30-35MPH driving). I have no doubt that if l did all highway l would get in the 22 - 23 range. Not bad for driving a brick down the road, while being able to actually being able to carry sometthing in the back if l had to, which l do on occassion. I have been a GM guy all my life, but this truck changed all that. This is an incredible truck. No wonder they are selling so many of them.

f150familyguy

by f150towstrailer from Penticton, BC, Canada on Wed Mar 06 2013

Very happy with overall performance and great fuel economy. I can go over 1000 km on a tank of gas! Towed the 7000lb trailer last summer over 3500 km, what a pleasure. Out pulled my brothers 2500 GMC.

F150 xls

by Chollie from Cleveland, oh on Sun Sep 30 2012

Eco boost twin turbo charger - 360 HP - 420 ft pounds torque - its a screamer. Pulls my 8600 pound fifth wheel easily. Rides smooth and solid. 4 wheel drive have not tried yet. Good gas milage but 36 gallon gas tank is a me an bite on my wallet. I love the truck-the end.

Uses car for Towing

2012 FX4 Ecoboost Max Tow Luxury Pkg

by Acadianbob from Saint Paul, MN on Sun Mar 04 2012

What an AWESOME truck! It looks sharp, is quiet, is quick, is comfortable, incredible technology in drivetrain and electronics, returns decent fuel mileage. The best part is that there have been absolutely NO issues with this truck. Zero defects. I can't wait to tow the RV trailer once winter lets up. I'm looking forward to the Ecoboost performance when towing in the Rockies.

Uses car for Towing

Eco boost has poor turbos and timing belt

by Steel Horse from Martensville sk on Thu Jul 12 2018

Turbo $3000 and timing $4000 to fix with no backing from Ford. Stay away. Had to pay to repair it myself even thou ford gave me life time warranty for power train

Does not recommend this car!!

f 150 ill never go back to gm

by off road from buffalo ny on Fri May 24 2013

I bought the truck used with 120000km best truck ive owned i pulled my 23f trailer to alaska from buffalo easy towing up hill alot better on fuel than my gmc 2500 more power i love my new truck i always owned a gmc truck but ive been converted sorry gmc stay in mexico

Luxury and performance meet.

by Paco from Pasadena, Tx on Sat Jun 01 2013

This ford has awesome performance and luxury for its value. It has a great engine. The leather was my favorite of the vehicle. I was speechless when I had driven it off home. It is spectacular.

Best truck ever!!

by truckman from seaside, njj on Thu Mar 21 2013

Went to All American Ford in Oldbridge nj. I went to look but I ended up with the best salesman, Bob Reardon who took the time, got my car traded in, got me approved for A loan and I drove my truck home that day!! He was so good at what he does, im sending everyone there to see him. Im so happy with the truck of my dreams.

Our Take on the 2012 Ford F-150

Any time a celebrity relationship lasts more than a decade, you wonder how the couple keeps it from getting stale and if there’s enough substance underneath for the relationship to continue. Maybe they’re not actual celebrities, but the Ford and Harley-Davidson relationship, now in its 12th year, has definitely given birth to some amazing offspring.

Over that time, there have been 10 F-150s and six Super Duty models, with the first F-450 model in 2009. In all, more than 70,000 Harley F-Series packages have been sold since 1999.

With all those years of success behind Ford and Harley, their relationship might be showing signs of conflict. In fact, the newest Ford Harley truck in the lineup... Read More