2005 F-250

3.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
3.8 out of 5 starsReliability

Reliable w/ low maintenance

by Doc from Port Angeles, WA on January 17, 2011

Reliability is of paramount importance while owning my own business. These trucks are unsurpassed for reliability.

Best truck in the market

by Bruno brb from Hollywood, FL on August 12, 2017

Is the moost beautiful truck of his year, great engine, great transmission, on the Lariat the interior is so much confortable.

Great car, Great deal, Great business

by Trevor from San Diego ca on June 17, 2017

This car meets all and more of my requirements, the low mileage, the towing capabilities, as well as the satisfaction of purchasing this truck through a great business.

Powerful towing, poor gas mileage

by JohnnyShredder from Vail, CO on September 29, 2017

Strong engine for towing. Comfortable interior. The ride is a bit stiff. Does everything I need it to do!

Uses car for Towing

Most reliable heavy duty I have owned

by OilfieldDuramax on January 17, 2018

This was a great truck, regardless of what you will read. I owned this truck and drove it until 165k miles. Never gave me an issue. Biggest regret was selling this truck for a Dodge. As long as you maintain it and "delete" it you'll be good.

A great second truck.

by James Cramer from Natrona Heights, PA on April 3, 2018

We called him the Col. Mosby, after a distant relative, because he was confederate gray. The Col. worked for us just 6+ years, but did some great things. He helped us retire & helped us move from IN, to PA. He was plenty powerful, stood tall & carried heavy stuff easily. He'd been owned by a Concrete Contractor from new. When we got him he had a new bed liner. I wanted to rust treat him, so I pulled the liner to coat the bed. I found the bed cover was a dealer hid for several punctures. I laid in 3 coats of Rhino Liner, & pressed the plastic Ford bed liner into the wet stuff. Whoever has the Col. now will never have a bed problem & enjoy a quiet ride. The Col. was reliable, tough, great to drive & provided a good value when traded for a new vehicle. I home he went to someone who needs a good work truck.

2005 F-250 super cab 6.0 diesel

by mwpa123 from Nor-Cal on February 13, 2013

This truck, trans, and engine are made to pull! The truck is used to pull a 28ft trailer, tows great and has ample power. The integrated trailer towing setting on the truck and trailer brake are awesome. I Scored a 2005 SD, SC, Lariat, FX4 LB w/59K in 2013 to replace my 1994 F-350 7.3. This is an awesome truck. The 6.0L Powerstroke is incredible. I did a lot of research on the 6.0 before purchasing and the info I took away on the so called inherent problems is that they are mostly due to the power mods folks do. Mine is completely stock and I plan to keep it that way. The truck commands the road and traffic. It's loaded with just about every option and very comfortable. Leather is top quality, roomy, eye appealing inside and out. Handles well for being as big as it is. Have only had it a short time and I get many compliments. I liked the 2005 model changes to the grill best so went with that year. Suits me just fine. If it's like my other Fords, I'll get years of reliable service. I average 16 to 17mpg in town. On the highway, I get over 21 mpg if I am driving 65-70mph and 15-17mpg if I am loaded up or trailering@60-65mph. I plan to keep this truck for many years.

best diesel truck I've owned

by Al from columbus ohio on November 18, 2011

I've been a diesel truck driver for 40 years and I would say that the O5 is one of the best. It has outstanding power and never fails.

Muscle and comfort

by Bravo from Illinois on May 11, 2010

This truck crosses barriers for me. My F15 KRanch was as close to a cadilac ride wise as I believe a truck can or should be. All of the 1 ton models I drove felt like a bobtail truck. The F250 give's the power of the 1 tons and comes very close to the comfort of a 1/2 ton. This makes my wife and I both happy. Thanks Ford

I couldn't ask for more in a truck

by Truck guy from Sacramento, CA on December 26, 2008

I've owned this truck for three years. The power from the diesel motor is quick to respond and the transmission shifts intelligently. After three years of driving and offroad use, there are no squeaks, rattles, etc. The driver controls are well placed and I highly suggest getting the advanced electronics package for the controls on the steering wheel. The trucks turning radius is much better than previous Ford's I have owned. The steering is true and straight with no wonder or drift in the controls. The cruise control is too aggressive on hills and has to be turned off when approaching hills to prevent ridiculous accelerator movement. Overall, the F250 is a great truck and a real workhorse. I have experienced no engine or transmission problems and no diesel specific problems what-so-ever. Treat your trucks well and they will run reliably for a long time.

1 2 3 4