1997 Ford Mustang consumer reviews

$15,355 starting MSRP
side view of 1997 Mustang Ford
Explore the 1997 Ford Mustang

MOST AMAZING CAR EVER

I've had my 1997 manual v6 3.8 liter mustang since 2006. While it has had it wear and tear over the years its currently going on over 220000 miles and is still holding up amazingly! She still drives just as well as whenever I bought her at 130000 miles. Regular maintenance is key.

4.3

Makes you sink into your seat!

I owned a 97 V-6 Standard Mustang, So much torque that the wheels will squeal even shifting out of 2nd Gear! It could of easily pushed 150 but the governor stops it at 120. Shifting out of 4th @ 112MPH with a whole gear to go! I challenged nearly everyone on the road and won. I would totally recommend this to anyone (who can pay the insurance haha!)

fast n fun 2 drive !

i bought this svt cobra mustang in late 96 brand new but it is a 97 car ! put it away in the garage and drive it 800 miles a year the car currently has 12,000 miles on it ! did some bolt on things to it and take it to local car shows in my area. great collector car since they only made 845 in this ocean pacfic green with the tan int. good luck with your search e-mail if your interested in mine ! thanx john

3.9

good reliable car

ive had this car for about a year it has over 150000 miles on it and ive never had a problem with it it gets good gas mileage to

4.4

97 Ford Mustang GT

I bought my 97 Mustang GT in 2003 used. The GT had 64,800 miles on it when I bought it, now with 179,650 miles added, it is still running strong. The gas milage is not bad either, if you are not putting the padle to the metal. I would recommend the 97 Ford Mustang to anyone.

Best Bang for the buck when buying a V8 Convertibl

I shopped around for a V8 Convertible and yes, bang for the buck compared to Camaro Z28, the 97 Mustang GT Convertible is the way to go! The styling on this car has a new and old aged retro look! This type of body will be a collectors car because of its own originality of using old and new age looks combined together for the Mustang! Great buy and lovin; the pedal happy torque/power! I highly recommend it to anyone!

Best car ever driven

Has a low rpm motor, perfect handling. Great suspension, only cost me $1700, strongly recommend getting the manual trans. though, automatics sorta take the fun out of this beautiful car

4.3

Excellent Used Car

Shopped around for a car for my 18 year old son when he was graduating from high school. I luckily found this car - base 2 door coupe. One of the best purchases I ever made. Bought it in May '04. Had 68K miles and looked like the day it rolled off the showroom floor. The original owner took great care of it and all maintenance was done at the local Ford dealer. Now it has 86K miles and is still purring along.