2017 GMC Sierra 1500 consumer reviews

Explore the 2017 GMC Sierra 1500
Shop the 2017 GMC Sierra 1500
2.3

A BIG Headache !!!

I need a rebuilt/new engine and a new transmission... I have less than 150k. Make sure you buy an extended warranty. This vehicle has broken my heart too many times.

3.0

Electronic disaster

It has been one electronic failure after another now I see through research there a lot of engine failures due to the truck going from 4 to 8 cylinders it impacts the valves and there's many transmission problems that may vary. I had the truck brand new and there's a lot of unexplained malfunctions in the computer that come and go I personally think the computer system is totally a function.

2.6

Beware!

Air conditioner replaced, Valves replaced. Rusted under carriage after rust proofing added? Transmission and diff issue with big knock while driving when engaging between them? They call it normal…. Poor acceleration. Battery charger pad gone in first yr. Not a fuse and they said it would cost over $500. Navigator system was outdated when purchased and they told me it would cost $400 to upgrade… Beware of this truck if you are interested to purchase it. Big transmission issues and they are still trying to say it is a design issue and trying to put it back on the customers.

2.9

torque converter transmission issues

I love my 2017 Sierra 1500. however, my truck stays in the shop more than it does out. Now I'm having to replace the torque converter /transmission . this is a very common issue with GMC's and very expensive. unless you have thousands to just blow I wouldn't recommend this beautiful truck.

A lot of truck for the money

This truck is very comfy for long trips. Fits the whole family in. Plenty of extras like the center console charging point. Memory seating helps when you have more than one driver. Very nice ride, drive.

Just purchased...

Great so far... Just what I was looking for, excellent condition and well taken care of. All the options and priced competitively. I am sure I will like it for many years to come.

Best truck I have ever owned

I love the options in the SLT model, very comfortable and quiet. It has great backseat leg room and quiet enough on the highway to have conversations with passengers in back seat without needing to raise my voice.

3.4

Dump it before 75k miles

5th truck in 24 years All have had transmission failures around 100k -125k miles ( I don’t tow anything) Current 3 year old 1500 Denali has 95k miles and required a new ac condenser ($1700) and radiator ($1100) Transmission failed at 60k but was under warranty Either have enough $$$ to buy extended warranty or a new truck every three years

Nicest truck I've ever owned

Great truck purchased with 35k miles, went with the 6.2l denali ultimate edition. I did however plug in a range technology obd2 controller though to eliminate v4 mode as its know to cause major valve train/ possibly transmission problems. I didn't buy a truck for fuel economy anyways. Still get around 20-38mpg on instant fuel economy, averaging 14-17 city depending on driving. Haven't really been on any long trips with it yet so don't have any highway mpg numbers. Overall great truck love everything about it.

Only have owned it for a week

Very thoughtful interior design & layout. Very comfortable so I do not mind my boyfriend always driving! When I have driven the vehicle it doesn’t drive like a large vehicle. Very easy to drive and a nice braking system on the vehicle (the last truck we had, had an undersized braking system). Garage door system was easy to program. Easy to use owners manual. System setup is not overly complicated