2012 Terrain

4.5 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.3 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

beats all the imports, hands down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by RoyBoy from Mountain WI on April 3, 2012

We did our exhaustive research before buying a smaller suv. Drove several imports and loved the Nissan Rogue as we had a Nissan for years and loved it. Also had a Toyota and hated it. So we savd the American suv's for last as we have not had one for several years. Then we read about the Terrain, have a friend whom has one and finally drove one. Let me tell you Detroit is back!!!!!!!!!!Awesome suv, put's all the imports to shame, PERIOD!!! Rogue small and noisy, Rav4 tinny junk, Tuscon cheap, Kia sucked, Ford explorer, little and dated, VW Tiguan over priced, Forrester was no comparison, either was the Dodge journey. I stated 6 years ago to all my friends that when Detroit built a better vehicle I would buy one and the Terrain is it. The ride is awesome as conveniences, electronics, safety, fit and finish, versatility and averaging 31.3 mpg! We drive on eco setting and get 5mpg less than the aweful toyota corolla that we commuted with!!!For the extra cost of 12.00 per week? it's a no brainer and yes we commute 600 miles a week! But now in commfort and a 5 star safety rating. Don't beleive the posts of only 23mpg they are bogus. We have freinds that bought one last year and get 31mpg also, So we knew that they got great mileage before we shopped. American engineering is back in Detroit my friends and it's here to stay. All of the Chevy line we looked at were grat cars and the Cruz? I wanted one of them too! what a nice car. Imports are out of our garage for sure.

Early Terrain review

by Bags from Naples, Florida on June 20, 2012

First and foremost, the wife loves it. Need to say no more, but I will: Comfortable seats, love the rear sliding seat; touchscreen color nav. screen is excellent. Mileage after 600 miles with the 4 cyl. is 26.5 in combined driving. A little noisy at highway speed, but I'm used to a Cadillac, so it's probably normal. Lots of storage compartments for everything....great! Auto down side windows, but no auto up...why? "Eco" button does make a difference in mileage. For the money, it is well worth it.

In Love With My GMC Terrain LST2

by Phyl from Atoka, TN on December 21, 2011

in 2010 bought Honda CR-V AWD, hated it and traded 1 year to the day, didn't care if I was upside down or not. The GMC Terrain SLT2 is loaded, wonderfully comfortable leather appointed seats. The cabin lights up like a cockpit at night. Drives like a dream, agile on the road, very smooth ride as well. Absolutely minimal cabin noise, if any. I just love this vehicle. And, I am getting 23.1 miles on my 33 mile commute to work, was lucky if I could squeeze 21 into the Honda CR-V. My husband says there is 2 times the room for him to move around. Would I recommend, YES, treat yourself, buy the GMC Terrain, and may I suggest the SLT-2.

Love this SUV

by Bichonlady from ct on March 12, 2012

I have owned many and love this SUV in every way. Would buy another when the time comes. The ride is very smooth more like a car. It is easier to get in and out of compared to others. I had a ford escape that I loved and gave to my husband. The terrain was to replace it and I am very happy. The worse SUV was the Honda CRV. Was horrible in the snow and living in the northeast I need a good car for the winter months

My first ever "new" car

by Teach from Mid Ohio on June 3, 2012

This is a great vehicle for my family. We loved the adjustable/sliding back seat. It allows us to choose more storage or more passenger room based on our needs. In addition, our children are in car seats now, but with an adjustable back seat, it will allow the Terrain to adjust to their size (leg room) needs as they get older and taller. There is plenty of head room and the amount a great standard equipment is fantastic. There are are at least 4 ports for charging, etc. spread throughout the vehicle and a USB port for MP3 or even just a flashdrive with music files on it. The navigation of the menus is great, especially with a touch screen, and the vehicle is smart enough to default to the method of calling, etc. that you want to do via OnStar or a bluetooth connected cell. I can't speak for the V6, but because our other vehicle has a V8, it's refreshing to see that we have well over 400 miles in a tank of gas. And, finally, the backup camera is standard and a must for a vehicle like this.

Great new Terrain

by GMC Terrain fanatic from Jacksonville, NC on March 11, 2012

I bought a 2012 GMC Terrain SLE-2 and I love it! I feel like a 16 year old that just got his first car. The only thing I could even think about complaining about is the rear end. The back of the Terrain looks a little bit like a mini van, but I love everything else about it. I have 4 cyl. so it doesn't have a lot of power, but it has plenty of power for what I use it for. Go buy one!

My new baby Jewel

by Jenk from Pittsburgh PA on April 30, 2012

I love my new Merlot Jewel Terrain. I was debating between this and the Chevy equinox and I'm very happy with my decision. The options are awesome. Surprisingly spacious and I'm hooked on my XM radio which I got an excellent deal on. The hands free calling is such a great feature to have. The backup camera and the steering wheel options are so helpful and convenient. My only complaint is I wish the engine had a little more power. A nice surprise for me was the digital speedometer, I just love it. This is a great and fun car to drive.

forgot how much I used to love GM

by Alo from Northern Ohio on June 1, 2014

Its been at least 20 years since I owned GM. Used to be a big Pontiac guy. Got away from them but just bought a used 2012 Terrain. I had a lot of second thoughts. Why does anyone get ride of a 2012 with 20000 miles on it? GM offered extra 12000 miles and a year bumper to bumper so I thought I would give it a try. Boy am I glad I did. Love the ride. Quiet and smooth. Great looker and hates gas stations. 28 mpg combined as high as 31 on the road. Only put 5 thousand on it so far but I do enjoy it. Can't say enough about it. Only draw back can't get clubs in back without putting seat down.

new car

by Howsssssttttt from Kiel , Wisconsin on September 4, 2012

i have just purchased a new 2012 terrain . my wife picked it out as a hot looking vehicle .now i just have 500 miles on it so not much to review at this time . I asked the salesperson what kind of mileage i could expect to get with it . first the vehicle is an all wheel drive with the 4 cyl engine which is rated at 30 m.p.g. highway and 25 city . Well we averaged 29.9 highway on the way home from milwaukee and it is averaging 25.8 around the city right now . I hope once the engine is broke in the mileage will increase .Our last truck was an 2500 chevrolet silverado and the mileage was about 15 m.p.g.so anything would be an improvement . will update this review in about 3 months when the terrain is broke in . Very happy with the vehicle at this point .only i miss the pickup truck for the convenience of throwing stuff in the back and not worrying about getting anything dirty . not so with the terrain .

GMC Terrain SLT 2012

by katiehotze from Monroe,OH on April 26, 2017

We loved our 2012 GMC Terrain SLT. It was comfortable and ran well. We had our for about 2 years before we had to upgrade for our growing family. I would have loved to keep this car forever.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10