2012 GMC Terrain consumer reviews

side view of 2012 Terrain GMC
Explore the 2012 GMC Terrain
Shop the 2012 GMC Terrain
3.6

I was happy, but GM doesn't stand behind them

I was very pleased when I purchased this car new in 2012. I don't drive a lot so I'm currently only 50k miles. Very well kept and maintained. Recently in the last year, it started using oil (a quart a month), I'm told this is normal, yet I've been driving for 36 years, and NEVER had a vehicle that used a quart of oil in 1 month that was under 120k miles let alone just hitting 50k. Over all it was a fine vehicle, but since GM does not stand behind their products to fix their mistakes in the name of profit, I can't recommend anything GM.

1.9

GMC Terrains Recalls Issues

Unknown recall on 2010 to 2012 Terrains that was a class action suit that was settled. However, for those of that purchased low mileage in good looking condition what's our recourse when there is major mechanical failure?

Nice-looking and comfortable driving vehicle

I chose this vehicle because I needed one as soon as possible I was pleasantly surprised by the ride aside from the issues hidden by the dealership

4.4

Best looking SUV on the market

The SLT has everything I need and want in an SUV. Loaded with options that come standard, and able to tow our small travel trailer. Also very stylish compared to all the bellybutton (everone has one) cars in this class.

Nicest car I've owned

My 2012 Terrain is 8 yrs old and so clean it looks brand new for its age and has very low miles. Its in immaculate condition inside and out. It still has that new car smell to it!

2.1

2012 GMC TERRAIN is least reliable car I bought

Timing chains and gears premature wore out. Sticky throttle, poor throttle response, low power mode. Transmission cooling lines leaking. Camshaft sensor, Crankshaft intake & exhaust defective @ 100K.

Excellent car for family with kids

This car is extremely comfortable, it has great dimensions and a lot of space for cargo. Overall it is a well designed and secured car for family.

3.0

Issues with burning oil

I loved the styling, interior and AWD,but then started having issues with the engine,had to replace solenoids and some other sensors only to get a letter from GMC about this engine has been involved in a class action suit and was settled due to it burning oil. This issue forced me to get rid of it,and buy another SUV,that isn't a GMC.

This an awesome vehicle. My sister has 1 also.

This Terrain is wonderful. I have had a 7 level spinal spinal fusion also a cervical fusion. This summer my sister and I drove from Indiana to Oklahoma and back and I had very little pain on the trip which was a big surprise to me but a pleasant one!!!!!

2.0

Worst vehicle I ever purchased, dont buy it.

Constantly breaking down. In the last three months I have paid over $3000 in repairs, back to back breakdowns with 65,000 miles. Numerous recalls. Unreliable, and it has been just a money guzzler.