2005 Honda Element consumer reviews

$17,450–$19,650 MSRP range
side view of 2005 Element Honda
Explore the 2005 Honda Element
Shop the 2005 Honda Element

A all around great car for many activities

I have owned for three months and not only have I cut my gas bill in half but I can bike, tow a boat, hunt and haul music gear not to mention a true one man camper.....love it . Very sad they dont make them anymore and for this I say "boooooooo " to Honda.

Best Toaster on the road

This is the only car I've ever owned for longer than 2 years. It's so versatile, easy to maintain and there's no other car in this world that has all the same unique features the Element has in one package. I've had this toaster of a suv for 4 years now and have never had anything go wrong with it and it has over 100,000 miles. I've only ever had to change its oil and it's breaks. The rubber floors are brilliant...I never want to have carpet In a vehicle again...this car is butt ugly but I love every quirky, ugly, weird feature it has. I've come to see the front end as a happy face with dimples and I LOVE MY HAPPY TOASTER!

3.9

Most Versital

Amazing space for all activities and travels, additional roof rack really sets this car up. If they still made them I would be buying!

A most flexible box

123k miles and still going strong. EX model. 21-22 mpg. Green. Interior is everything advertised for flexibility. I have fit 4 bikes inside, washers, dryers, snowthrowers, dogs in created, a 1/2 face cord of wood and all my camping gear for a weekend, camped in it, hauled light trailers, hauled 600# of corn in it, and had it out for hunting expeditions. Only seats four so get over that before you look. Power is okay from a performance level, but could have used more for acceleration when loaded with gear. It's seen years of dirt roads and have had to change the rear links and bushings, but it has been reliable. AWD system is wonderful in the winter and will be my son's car to drive when he gets his permit. I'll woory less when he's on the road in the winter. Interior clean up requires bottle of windex, one warm wet towel, one dry towel. All plastic interior and urethane floors are kid friendly. No funky carpet stains and smells from the mystery substance spilt in the back seat. Kid's love the rear sun roof and it helps headroom. This SUV defies physics as everyone that I've had in it says it feels bigger when you are sitting in it rather than looking at it. Good view (except when rears seats are stowed folded to the side walls. Seats are comfortable, water proof, and the radio sounds great. It's a box, so there is a little more windnoise than a car. It's a shame Honda discontinued this model rather than revise it. I would have loved to see it as a hybrid with the Civic or Accord powertrain, or a Diesel, and about 10" longer with back seats redesigned for 5 (they could have done it). Get one. I'll probably pick up another on the used market for my other child when time comes.

Great Car

Great space inside, removable seats, very functional, fair gas mileage, good visibility, will buy another one. Wish they would continue to produce them.

Best car ever made

I have had this car for my construction business for 9 years now hauling 2x4s stacked to ceiling, drywall hanging off back, 30 5gallons of paint packed in, trailer weights well over 1500lbs, ladders stacked... This 4 cylinder is awesome! Best vehicle ever made in my book for the price. Maintenance has been minimal other than upgrading to higher end shock & springs to handle weight capacity Triple A rating in my book. Mine has 140,000 miles and still kicking hard! Other than multiple broken windshields, this car ROCKS!!!!!!

Honda Element

I traded in a very well used Toyota Carolla, 1991 and purchased a 2005 Honda Element so I could take my dog on trips with me. The Element has been an excellent choice for me. It is good on fuel, handle well, easy to drive, and has wonderful features for camping and storage. The dealer was very professional and I am happy with the car.

Love my "Toaster on Wheels"

It's fun to drive -- turns on a dime! It's the most unique auto out there! You can flip the rear seats up or completely remove them to have a spacious box interior. If you need to load something tall, just open the surf-board roof and there you go! Plus, the front seats can lean back to create a double bed. So much fun!

always on the go

I bought my 2005 element used in january 2010 when I bought it it had 212,000 miles on it since then I have put 18,000 miles on it, other than regular maitnence I have not had any problems. I have two girls 5 and 2 and we are always on the go doing something.The suicide doors are a huge time saver i put both in at one time. the plastic flooring is great i dont have to worrie about stains if they spill somethin I just wipe it up. The look is interesting I was hesitent at first but now I love it I'm a young mom its a perfect mommy vehicle, just wish it didnt have the gray plastic quarter pannels. over all donot regret buying it.

Great little job car

Just bought a used 2005 Element and really love it. I use it in my business for handyman repairs, small jobs, etc. Gas mileage runs about 22mpg, not bad, comfort is ok, handles great, turns are quick, parking easy, loads easily, the side doors and the clam shell doors on the back are very good. Looking to buy another one for personal. Everyone loves this car and it attracts a lot of attention for my business. I put Yakima racks on the top for ladders and a bug sheild on the hood. Great car. And this on has 132,000 miles when bought.