NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2019 Insight

2019 Honda Insight

2019 Honda Insight

4.3

Have You Driven the 2019 Honda Insight?

Best looking Hybrid with great performance & value

by Smitty #13 from South Euclid, Ohio on Sat Jul 28 2018

Great Car and fun to drive. I was told the car would get 55mpg city, 49 highway and 52 combined. I am currently getting a little more than 60mpg of which most is in the city. I bought the EX model which I love the Apple Car Play. I am 5 feet 10 inches tall so I could see if someone is taller than about 6'3" than they will most likely feel cramped in the driver's seat. I did a lot of research before I made my decision to buy this car. The truck is big and the back seat folds down for additional room. This is the 3rd Honda that I got new and the others have lasted for many years and my son drives my 2009 Civic which is still going strong. I made the perfect decision for myself. If you are taller try the Accord Hybrid but if you are 6 feet tall or shorter I highly recommend you test drive this car.

I am loving my Honda Insight

by Insight Lover from Sacramento CA on Fri Dec 21 2018

I have driven this car for 1500 miles. It is a smooth ride with good visibility and great mileage. The trunk is deceptively large and can hold much more than I expected. I do wish that it didn't sit so low to the ground but that is small in the grand scheme of this great car.

Excellent Gas Mileage

by RDH from Myrtle Beach, SC on Sun Dec 09 2018

We were forced into a quick decision (previous vehicle was totaled). Decided our priority was MPG. The Insight is a Hybrid, advertised around 50 MPG. Looked at others but decided on this, very happy with it, only negative is the Seat comfort - leaves much to be desired. If we did it over, I would go for the "Touring Model", better seats, better sound, and includes Navigation, which I was a little surprised the EX model did not include, but you can hook up your phone (if it is compatible) and use waze or Google maps for navigation. We are getting 50-55 MPG, which is saving our fuel bill about 50% over what we were paying.

Do not regret the purchase.

by Djmai from Oak Harbor on Wed Nov 07 2018

This car is superb. It has everything I wanted and more for a good price. It's only 3k more than a comparable civic, even though it's a hybrid. That alone makes it worth it. The ride is quiet and very comfortable. I hardly hear any road noise. There are only a few things I like less about the car: first, the rear signal lights are in an odd location. Why not just make the rear tail light also the signal light? It would look much better. Also I am getting flashed at because my lights are too bright - not that I mind after showing them what my highbeams look like. I can see what people say about engine drone noise. It may be annoying to some. I'd recommend test driving before buying. The interior is well put together. The materials have a quality feel and the screens make the car seem high-end. There really isn't too much to nitpick about this car. If you want value and quality, I would look no further than the Honda Insight.

Hybrid that doesn't look like one

by NewInsightfan from Chicago, Il on Sat Nov 03 2018

Great commuter car. Getting sticker mpg so far so excellent fuel economy. Info screen is great. Only drawback is lack of blind spot warning and rear traffic alert which I may add aftermarket. Otherwise, loaded with safety features and rated 5 stars from government and top safety pick plus by IIHS. I tend to by new and hold on for a long time and this looks like it will be great for the long haul!

Great styling and awesome gas mileage. Love it!

by Gabriel300 from Santa Rosa, CA on Wed Nov 21 2018

This car is great. Smooth comfortable ride and more than enough acceleration. The car is fun to drive, handles well, looks great, and gets 50 mpg. There are no downsides to this car.

Proud Honda Insight owner

by Honda proud from Sacramento, CA on Thu Dec 13 2018

This car has exceeded my needs. My goal was to buy a hybrid and after test driving a Toyota Prius and a Kia Niro there was no doubt the Honda Insight was the right choice. Car play is great for navigating or receiving text messages because Siri takes over and all messages are received and replied audibly. The interior is very comfortable and visibility is exceptional.

Easy to drive Hybrid- cool features

by MariaLA from Los Angeles, California on Mon Dec 17 2018

Decided to get a hybrid and glad I did. Got the Honda Insight and even though it has a lot of great features like USB ports and Apple Play, it's super easy to drive and looks great.

600 MILE REVIEW OF MY 2019 INSIGHT

by Bob_In_FL from Venice, FL on Fri Aug 03 2018

Excellent city and country car and really a CIVIC with a hybrid engine. Driving is a lot of fun and it has a lot of "operational gauges" to scroll through but if you want a "highway car" as primary, I'd look to a different model. Excellent millage below 45 but on the highway, the "noise" factor comes into play but the car is still "fun" to drive. On my first 250 mile trip I got 53 city and 47 highway with the touring model. The stereo didn't com with a CD and many of the touch screen options are duplicated in the dash informational display. Car handles very well on the highway and comes with some great safety features.

Better than my Prius or Camry

by Joe Eckert from Fort Worth, TX on Wed Aug 01 2018

Met all of my needs and has more than enough accessories. Very pleasantly surprised and ended up buying this vehicle after two test drives. It far surpassed both the Prius and Camry that we drove today!

1 2 3