2019 Insight

#8 Most Popular Sedan
2019 Honda Insight

4.4

5 out of 5 stars Performance

Have you driven the 2019 Honda Insight?

600 MILE REVIEW OF MY 2019 INSIGHT

by Bob_In_FL from Venice, FL on Fri Aug 03 2018

Excellent city and country car and really a CIVIC with a hybrid engine. Driving is a lot of fun and it has a lot of "operational gauges" to scroll through but if you want a "highway car" as primary, I'd look to a different model. Excellent millage below 45 but on the highway, the "noise" factor comes into play but the car is still "fun" to drive. On my first 250 mile trip I got 53 city and 47 highway with the touring model. The stereo didn't com with a CD and many of the touch screen options are duplicated in the dash informational display. Car handles very well on the highway and comes with some great safety features.

Better than my Prius or Camry

by Joe Eckert from Fort Worth, TX on Wed Aug 01 2018

Met all of my needs and has more than enough accessories. Very pleasantly surprised and ended up buying this vehicle after two test drives. It far surpassed both the Prius and Camry that we drove today!

Best looking Hybrid with great performance & value

by Smitty #13 from South Euclid, Ohio on Sat Jul 28 2018

Great Car and fun to drive. I was told the car would get 55mpg city, 49 highway and 52 combined. I am currently getting a little more than 60mpg of which most is in the city. I bought the EX model which I love the Apple Car Play. I am 5 feet 10 inches tall so I could see if someone is taller than about 6'3" than they will most likely feel cramped in the driver's seat. I did a lot of research before I made my decision to buy this car. The truck is big and the back seat folds down for additional room. This is the 3rd Honda that I got new and the others have lasted for many years and my son drives my 2009 Civic which is still going strong. I made the perfect decision for myself. If you are taller try the Accord Hybrid but if you are 6 feet tall or shorter I highly recommend you test drive this car.

Best Honda Hybrid Ever

by EarthThinker from Sanderson, FL on Tue Aug 14 2018

This car will surprise you! It is sleek an nimble, but step on the gas and it will "get out of the way"! I was getting on I10 and couldn't get over so I pushed down on the petal (it has a little resistance to save fuel) and when I looked at the speedometer I was shocked. I took my foot off the petal and coasted for at least 35 seconds before reached the speed limit. I will not do that again!

so far a great buy !

by bill from tamiment , pa on Sat Jul 28 2018

car has a great design and style , with outstanding mpg and excellent road handling . i would highly recommend to anyone to buy for everyday use .

New Model - looks good - time will tell

by Chris H from Indianapolis, IN on Mon Aug 13 2018

My wife and I decided we wanted a Hybrid for our new vehicle. We studied several of the current cars and narrowed our search to the Prius and the Insight. We looked at the Prius first and I was very impressed by it and enjoyed its feature set and design. We did a lot of online searching and found very common responses from reviewers - all seemed disposed to the Insight. But I had really LIKED the Prius. Then we test drove the Insight. The reviews were spot on. I won't bore you with my, much less expert opinions, but everything the reviewers pointed out was confirmed by a test drive. It also turned out that my wife wasn't nearly as impressed by the Prius as I had been. There was no real decision for us to make at that point so, for a price considerably lower that a 2018 Prius we purchased a 2019 Insight. I STILL think the Prius is a cool car, however, and wish that Honda had a similar feature to the Toyota "blind spot" monitor for both sides of the car (not just the passenger side camera on the Insight).

Hybrid Game Changer

by taz from Morrisville NC on Fri Sep 21 2018

Cost effective for efficient car. It's a premium Civic with the reliability of the Honda brand. The new sleek design and fuel economy makes this purchase a no brainier if you're in the market for a new sedan.

You better hope its better than the 2010 Insight

by Eric from MINNEAPOLIS, MN on Thu Aug 23 2018

I bought the 2010 Honda Insight. Around 85,000 miles the hybrid battery started having issues. It?s a sporadic problem so Honda can?t diagnosis it. I've read online blogs and lots of other owners are having this problem too. 85,000 miles just happens to be right about the time the hybrid battery warranty expires. Now I have a unreliable car with less than 100,000 miles on it. Worse yet, this issue can drain the regular car battery as a result. I called Honda, the guy was nice enough, but said ?you can?t expect these batteries to last forever?. Who would buy a Honda if they expected a major component would have major problems within 100,000 miles? I've owned Honda cars my whole life but this is my last Honda. So disappointing. I would expect this from a Yugo, not Honda. Goodbye Honda.

Does not recommend this car!!