2014 Elantra GT

2014 Hyundai Elantra GT

2014 Hyundai Elantra GT

4.3

Have You Driven the 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT?

Great value, above average quality!

by Fledgling Adult from Charleston, SC on Mon Sep 21 2015

Here's the deal. I just got my first salaried job, right as my 15-yr old minivan was kicking her last cloud of exhaust. I didn't have a lot of money to spare, so what I wanted was practical, reliable, and safe carriage from point A to point B. What I found was the Elantra GT! I loved the look and I loved the features! Heated seats, mirrors, wiper rest, windows...heated everything! Bluetooth! A sunroof as big as the sun (warning:hyperbole)! A backup camera! Leather! And used, my 2014 GT was under 19k! Then I looked in to it a little more. It has some of the better reliability ratings by JD Power, and some outstanding remarks concerning safety from the IIHS. Plus, in certified condition, Hyundai honored the rest of the warranty. This is a life-saver for a fledgling young adult like me: I have a reliable (backed up with a warranty) car with enough zip to be fun, and so many fancy gadgets I would never have imagined I could afford. Pros: - Great safety - Awesome reliability - Loads of goodies - Thoughtful features - Zippy, for a little economy car - Looks good - Decent mileage (I average 26-28 combined) Cons: - Speakers are absolutely sub-par. If that is important to you, consider upgrading aftermarket. - Road noise is pretty noticeable. - Some of the interior materials feel cheap-ish. ....I would recommend this car to a friend so strongly, I recommended it to my mother.

great car and best i have owned in 35 years

by steve from Sylva ,north carolina on Fri Aug 08 2014

This 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT is by far the best car i have owned and driven in my 35 years of driving . For almost 10 years i worked for a GM/CHEVY dealership picking up cars from auctions , dealers trades ( new vehicles for customers ) and have driven every model GM/CHEVY/Buick/Cadillac/Pontiac and Saturn they made up to 2009 model year , plus Porsche/Mercedes/BMW ETC. and the Elantra GT beats them all with the comfort of the ride , no road noise inside from tires , motor or air from window seal leaks , it is very quiet inside on paved or gravel roads . Gas mileage ....... I am getting 32 to 33.5 miles city driving , 24 miles round trip . On interstate on last trip got 41.2 mpg with ECO ASSIST ON ALWAYS (if other reviewer is getting the extremely low gas mileage that was posted , then there is only 2 possibilities , #1 the person is making jackrabbit starts and driving the Elantra GT like a bat out of Hades all the time or #2 THERE IS something wrong with the engine and/or computer not sending correct fuel mixture rates to Gas Direct Injection/ECO ASSIST not working properly etc., and needs to find another Hyundai Dealership to check car out or ta;k to the existing GM or OWNER of dealership where car was bought . If that fails , call the regional office of Hyundai where you live and it will be corrected . ( I DO NOT WORK FOR HYUNDAI , JUST A PROUD OWNER !) The 2014 GT interior is comfortable with great included electronics and too many standard options to mention that YOU WOULD have to pay extra for with other car manufactures . 2014 Elantra GT is great car , with great price and 100,000 mile warranty . almost forgot , the 173hp 2.0l engine is a real strong engine , from a dead stop in just normal driving , watch your speed odometer because you will be sitting on 80mph and will not realize it . for a 4 cylinder it is a very fast engine with a great 6 speed automatic/plus manual shift , that when gears shift , there so smooth you can hardly feel them change . I recommend this car to anyone .

We will see how long it lasts!

by Lancer from Dallas,TZ on Tue Aug 11 2015

I never considered hyundai before i started looking at car reviews. They have relatively the same reliability as other brands and after having such a horrible experience with a 2008 dodge avenger I was willing to try anything. I test drove several other brands but it was difficult to find a small car that I could fit into. I'm 6'4 and i fit comfortably in the drivers seat. So far I'm averaging 32 mpg with about 75% highway driving in eco mode. I dont like to zip around but turning the eco mode off makes a huge difference. I never really noticed much of a difference in the eco modes in other cars like my wifes honda civic but it really makes a difference in this vehicle. The bluelink is nice but i will probably not continue my subscription all year round. I got fully loaded 2014 hyundai elantra (nav, sunroof, leather, etc.) for just 20,400 and the warranty is better than any other brand i looked at. Hopefully I wont need it! As a young purchaser, what i'm looking for is a reliable brand that will earn my business in the future by making a car that can get past 100k miles without a major repair. FYI that is not Chrysler/jeep/dodge!

Zippy update

by Raiderone from Las Vegas, NV on Sat Jan 24 2015

I've now owned my GT for about 4 months. It recently had it's first oil change. Fuel economy has improved by about 1 mpg. I didn't think I would like (or need) the heated seats, but they do come in handy on cold mornings, especially before the heater warms up and my wife says it makes her back feel better. Now that it's broken in and I've had more time to "play" with it, the acceleration seems to be a lot better. Got to remember to put it back in automatic mode when coming to a red light. However, in manual mode, to get best acceleration seems to be starting in 2nd gear. When in econ mode, car seems to keep looking for the right gear, usually one higher than what is needed to not be sluggish, so I usually turn that feature off and still wind up downshifting a lot. I usually keep the steering in sport, but sometimes just to feel the difference put it in normal. Sport is best in high winds, no doubt. So far, I've been more than pleased with the performance and surprised by the amount of interior space available. My zippy friend is still going strong. More updates as time goes on.

Better than expected

by Copperhead from Virginia on Thu Aug 21 2014

Purchased this car on July 30 for a second car and I am very pleased. The gas mileage is better than I expected. I live in the mountains so I was concerned with the "pep" of the car but it is very acceptable. After comparing many models in this category this Elantra GT offered great leg room for the driver (I'm 6-1) and passenger and comfortable leather seats with power lumbar. It has good cargo area for golf clubs without letting the back seat down.

Great Looks, Nice features, Ok Miles per Gallon

by JuastAJarhead from Elgin, Il on Tue Aug 02 2016

Since I have very little income I looked at cars that would be stylish, reliable, not kill me at the pump and be able to carry not only a lot of stuff but also be able to take 2 Labs and 2 Dachshunds with me anywhere. he Elantra GT fits all of the above. I bought it to last hopefully 10 years or more so I purchased the 10 year bumper to bumper warranty. The car has all the goody's that were common in 2014 including leather, panoramic roof, Bluetooth , heated seats, powered drivers seat, dual zone comfort control and a nav system. I got it loaded for 21k new and for the most part am very happy with it. It is not as plush as our Sonata Hybrid Limited. The sound quality out of the factory stinks. It economy is good on the highway but city mpg is not so good. As a second car meant for utilitarian driving it does fit the bill though and is fun to drive. It does not have true GT handling but is okay out on the open road. Is it noisy compared to the Sonata? Yes. Compared to other cars in it class it about the same. Interior is styled well but it is plastic in nature. When driving on open roads it gest 34 mpg. On the highway at 70mph it will get a respectful 36mpg. Above 70 mph the economy quickly falls. What is a little disappointing is that it has just average performance out of its motor. Our Sonata Hybrid out performs it in acceleration. Would I buy another one if my needs were the same in 2016 and beyond. Probably not. I like the car but other imports and domestic cars now outperform the Elantra GT and have more bang for the buck. I do find the Hyundai products to be very reliable so far. Our 2013 Sonata Hybrid has been problem free and so has this Elantra GT. With all that said I will most likely be driving both my Hyundai vehicles in 2024 and beyond because of their great extended warranties. At a cost of $60 a year it is great insurance against computer or other electrical failures that are sure to happen.

The car hits the target.

by Carguy from Naples Fl. on Mon Jan 29 2018

I had to sell my last performance car after my second knee replacement. The Elantra Gt. is comfortable to drive, easy ingress/egress, with good visibility, utility and straight forward interior functionality. The performance is good for this class of automobile and really all you need in the south Florida driving environment. One of my last cars had 550 hp. could you really use it? No. I have owned more than 65 cars, and I can say I am pleased with this vehicle purchase for my needs.

Great small family car

by Marybridget on Thu Jun 07 2018

Comfortable and zippy. Good on gas. Hatchback is a great cargo space. Nice comfort creature feature on the gt. The second row lays down so you can transport large awkward items. The car has a sporty feel. You can change steering settings. Comfort, sport and normal.

The most beautiful car I've owned

by HESHY from on Fri Sep 08 2017

Starting with the requirements , I was lookin for a car that is durable and very reliable, have a unique design and taste, and finally to reach a target at least 6 years of daily use without waking up one day with a serious problem. I chose it since that Korean cars entered a new era at the beginning of the decade and shown an impressive development, I am working in an area surrounded with bad roads and have a very busy schedule , so it was a big satisfication along the period of 4 years that I did not need anything but the periodic oil change and brakes only. As for the uniqueness, the car is not present very much on the roads compared to the sedan version or other competitors which noticibly lead the fact that it has a eye caching effect. Nothing is perfect so this car has some downfalls, centered along the performance and handling, which are poor starting with throttle response and roll in curves. Also interior quality when comparing with the veloster finding a very wide difference although they are on the same price range. In conclusion, elantra gt is a very reliable, durable, practical and special, but falls on the performance side, I would hundred percent recommend it for daily driven car.

Worst gas milage of any car i have ever owned.

by bummed from seattle on Sat Jan 25 2014

The sticker said 37/27 and 30 MPG over all. The best I have gotten so far with mixed freeway and in town is 26. It only gets 21 around town. I took it in and complained and the service man said their report says that customers are getting 25.5 average and it is running fine. For 45 years every car I have ever owned has gotten 30+ MPG. Even my old Toyota pick up gets 25 mixed driving. Every time I have to fill up I get more upset. I would never have bought it if I would have known how inefficient it was. Also the front windshield defroster does not melt ice where the drivers line of sight is for at least 12 minutes. The mirrors, side windows and rear windows all defrost just fine within a couple of minutes. The service tech said there is nothing wrong with it...Then there is the driver's seatbelt that will not retract about half the time. The service tech says there is nothing wrong with that either...What good is the 100,000 warranty if they will not fix anything? On the good side it handles like a dream and has plenty of power. the 6 speed automatic is very smooth. The interior is really roomy and quiet, the blue tooth for the phone is so good people i am talking to cannot tell I am in the car and the stereo sounds great.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3