2014 Hyundai Elantra GT consumer reviews

Explore the 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT
Shop the 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT
1.9

Unreliable and inefficient.

After 5.5 years of ownership and approx. 83000km of driving, my clutch broke in the middle of a busy highway. Hyundai covered a portion of the repair but I was still out over $1500 to replace a part that, based on research and previous Mazda ownership experience, should have lasted much, much longer. As annoying as the repair was, I could not believe it when I discovered that my mechanic performed the same repair on another 2014 Hyundai Elantra! This infuriating discovery leads me to believe it is a manufacturing/part/assembly issue that Hyundai needs to address. If you want a reliable vehicle, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

I love it so much, it is the 2nd one I purchased!

We had a 2014 Elantra GT for nearly five years and loved it. My husband drives for Uber and riders are always surprised at how nice and roomy it is when they get in. It is large enough to be comfortable for four or five people, but small enough to get good gas mileage and easily zip around the city. When our first one had a run-in with a deer, we were so disappointed to let go of that car. We lucked out and found another 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT with very low mileage and a lot more features. I like having the panoramic roof, back-up camera, large screen, and the dual temperature controls. The only thing that I do not love about the car is the touch screen. Although it is convenient to have, it is a bit cumbersome and not as "sensitive" as I would hope it to be. We will likely only use the navigation on long trips. For quick trips around town, we will continue to use our phones.

2.3

Short life span

Intially, the car was great! I am a high mileage commuter, 100+ daily, and thought this would suit my needs. At 4 years, 145,000 miles the car began to burn 2 quarts of oil between oil changes (3000 miles). Before the car was paid off at 5 years and new catalytic converter needed to be installed. Six months later is failed as it was full of oil for rings that had gone bad on the engine. I have read on other forums there was a known engine problem with the Elentras 2013/2014 but nothing was done. The car was out of warranty long before this began. I did not expect this to be a throw away car for the price I paid. Cabin is not quiet and picks up a lot of road noise.

Great Quality!

For a small vehicle, it is very spacious. Solidly built. Great fit and finish! A lot of attention to detail. Almost 60k miles, I had a light bulb replaced under warranty. That's it! It still performs the same as new!

1.0

WORST CAR EVER OWNED

Was alright till the car did not last even until paid off(5 years) only lasted about 4 & half. Only had 180k miles. Engine gone. Changed oil every 5k. Company would not stand behind it even though they had recalled engines. Would not recommend ever buying a Hyundai ever. I will never own another one!!

Excellant Car

I love my car I got it with 18 miles now it has 120,000 miles and it has ran like a fine oil machine. I love my car and I would recommend it to anyone. I have driven to South Dakota and west Virginia in the snow and I didn't miss a beat.

Most reliable car i owned

This vehicle is awesome . It drives so smooth.And still has new car smell. With Bluetooth and perfect right amount of Mileage. With nice clean paint

Was a great car when we bought it

This car met all of our needs when we bought it. At the time, gas prices were so high that we decided to get a smaller car with better gas mileage. Since then our needs have changed. I use the car for work and I wasn't comfortable for long periods of time. Also, I'm having a hip replacement and need a car that's easy to get in and out of.

4.1

A great combination of fun & practicality

I just bought this car used so these are just my first impressions. I drove BMW's and Volvos for several decades before buying the Elantra GT and am impressed by how well sorted the car is. It's fun to drive, it's well equipped, comfortable and well engineered and built. It's great value for the money and service is available locally.

Good car for price point

Good car, have fun with our manual transmission which is not the norm in US cars now-a-days. Safe for driving family in and easy size for parking. Like the heated seats in our model as well.