2019 Hyundai IONIQ Hybrid consumer reviews

side view of 2019 IONIQ Hybrid Hyundai
Explore the 2019 Hyundai IONIQ Hybrid
Shop the 2019 Hyundai IONIQ Hybrid

perfect car!

Great drive. Love the 55 MPG - fabulous price - all the "bells and whistles" love it love it love it! so happy I am reducing my carbon footprint

4.0

Very interesting car

I am surprised at this car every time i drive it. It does everything i need it to do. Very good mpg. Seems well built comming from Ulsan.

Brand new

Have only had this car for a few days but love the comfort and technology along with the safety features. Great gas mileage and handles well.

New, easy to use, prettier than a prius

Feature packed, fuel efficient, practical, comfortable, a lower estimated cost-to-own per Edmunds calculator than even a base Prius C. I'm getting between 54 and 64 MPG, and am still finding ways to enjoy and arrange the features.

Recently purchased the Ioniq Hybrid

The only CON I have for this car is the get up and go factor, but honestly it's not as bad as some other hybrids I have been in. It has plenty of power and the slight lag is due to the style of car, it's not a Porsche. Overall I am extremely happy with this car. The value for money is tremendous. Super comfortable to drive, great gas mileage, the Ultimate package is TOTALLY worth it for the additions. This car makes my commute super enjoyable and comfortable. I highly recommend this car.

I liked from the first time I drove it.

I like everything about this car. I wasn't going to trade, just wanted to test drive it. After driving it, I fell in love with it, and bought it, and haven't regretted it for one instance.

Best value for money hybrid!

Previously owned a Prius, and was about to trade it for a new one when I came across the Ioniq. In just about every way it is a better car than the Prius. Averaging 63mpg at present, it has better fuel economy, it is much more responsive, has better acceleration, is much quieter, more spacious interior that simply looks and feels a great deal nicer, and my SEL model has a lot of standard equipment, including Apple CarPlay, adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, autonomous emergency braking, reversing camera with side traffic alert, blind spot monitoring, dual-zone climate control and heated front seats. On top of that, it cost about $6,000 less than an equivalently equipped Prius!

My favorite car I ever owned

It seats four comfortably and gets fabulous mileage. It is quiet, reliable, has profound safety features, and I love the wireless phone charging. The GPS system is fabulous and user friendly. This model has all the bells and whistles!

Good Thus far and average about 60 mpg

Purchased this vehicle about 3 weeks ago. So far it has been good. With a little bit of conservative driving I am averaging 60 mpg and I drive at least 75mph on Highway. If I drove at posted speeds it would probably be even better.

4.3

Reliability Questionable

I purchased my Ioniq limited on MLK day this year 21 January. Drove it for four days ~500 miles. When I tried to start it with Blue link after work I received errors unable to comply with request. When I got inside to start all the lights lit up but the gas engine would not start, it wouldn't go. Blue link status check said everything was fine, system check on dash display passed but it would not start. After towing to the nearest dealer I was informed that the Power Control relay was bad on emergency back order as a "VIN" specific part and would not be received for about two weeks. I was told a few days later that the part may not be in until March! They finally got the part and I picked up the car on the 25th of February. I do like the car, winter mileage is a bit lower than I expected (low 40's) but I like everything else so far. I will give it one more chance but I cant have a car that wont start in Minnesota. Hopefully I can update this post in the future. Hyundai Roadside assistance was great and the dealer kept me well informed.